70 Pounds to lose and I started yesterday!

I know what yo mean :) We are truly our own worst enemies :)

I think because I have been down this road before I did my best to stay really positive because I knew the bad was just around the corner and I would need the momentum, so knowing how bad I can be to myself really paid off. I have kept pushing this week and dispite not feeling to good emotionally I am still in striking distance of my goal which is to surpass the amount I walked last week.

Thanks again to everyone for the support, I hope to pay it all back you and then some.

:)

Some how some way I have managed to match my totals miles walked from last week (40) and I have one more day to surpass and thus reach my goal. Thanks to much for the encouragements, I really needed them and they paid off. This week really sucked for me but a lot of it was things I couldnt control so I tried my best to keep a grip on my journey because I do control that.

Hope you all are having a wonderful week :)

Hiyas I have just found your blog so am going to have a good old read later after I have been to sleep (just finishing a night shift)..

The amount of walking alone without lifting weights would definitely lead to water retention around the muscles to repair them if you have aches you have fluid.. I think personally if you up your fluid intake vastly you will see faster results especially in the heat I know here on a day with minimal exercise I should be drinking 3 litres of fluid, there's some fab water apps for phones over here no doubt you have them too that encourage you to drink hourly, I am going to jump on in with the exercise I love love love walking and miss it when I stop doing it and the fitness goes so quickly its frightening !!!

Anyway time to go home yay!!!!

P.S sorry if I sounded like a know it all I really don't, lack of sleep for 24 hours kind of loses my niceness haha, by the way the new 2014 Dr.Who is filmed about 1/2 a mile from where I live... x

If lived where you do I would probably be banned from the set....lol!

And thank you so much for the info, I never thought about that. My water intake is good but it can really get better so I will look up some apps so it can help me. I find it hard to continue to drink water but I figured out a few tricks like cucumbers or a lemon slice so I will give it a go and keep on pushing.

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment after working the night shift, really appreciate it.

Hey Pico, just stopping by to subscribe.

You're doing soooo well and you're a real inspiration...I should take a leaf out of your book and actually walk more!
I have a lady coming round to do a homecheck in 30 minutes for me becoming a dog fosterer, I have a huge dog walking trail 30 seconds from my front door so I'm thinking having a dog will make walking more fun/less lonesome.

Oh and I loved Dawson's creek so much, I watched it every single week when I was a teen!
And at 31 years old I am not ashamed to admit I have been re-watching it on amazon prime for the last couple of months!!

Hey Pico-just found your diary and read thru. Good going man! Also read the first couple of days on your blog, but got to go to work now. Am on a night shift so will read the rest of it later :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awww lovely, well done for pushing yourself when you'renot feeling your best. I hope you're feeling better now? :)

Hey Pico, just stopping by to subscribe.

You're doing soooo well and you're a real inspiration...I should take a leaf out of your book and actually walk more!
I have a lady coming round to do a homecheck in 30 minutes for me becoming a dog fosterer, I have a huge dog walking trail 30 seconds from my front door so I'm thinking having a dog will make walking more fun/less lonesome.

Oh and I loved Dawson's creek so much, I watched it every single week when I was a teen!
And at 31 years old I am not ashamed to admit I have been re-watching it on amazon prime for the last couple of months!!

Hi, thanks for stopping by! :)

I plan on taking my pup walking with me here soon, he just has so much energy and is not really leash trained so I wanted to be in at least decent shape. I never thought I would enjoy walking as much as I do, I am a bit of a deep thinker as you can tell with my love of Dawson's Creek....lol! I need to start re-watching it too, I have amazon prime but I didnt know it was on there so thanks for the tip.

Hope you get your dog, they are awesome and will definitely make the walks more enjoyable and less lonely. :)

Hey Pico-just found your diary and read thru. Good going man! Also read the first couple of days on your blog, but got to go to work now. Am on a night shift so will read the rest of it later :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for taking the time to read my diary and blog, really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the rest of it, let me know what you think of it please. :)

Awww lovely, well done for pushing yourself when you'renot feeling your best. I hope you're feeling better now? :)

I am feeling ton better, I lost 8lbs this last week and now weigh 284lbs which is alot better than the 302lbs I started at 26 days ago so I am super happy about that. Thank you and everyone so much for your consistent support, means the world to me! Goal is to get into the 270's this week, it has been over 10 years since I was in that range and I cant wait to get there and keep on going.

Hope all is well with you!

OMG !!!!! 8lb's is amazing!!! hmmm walking is certainly paying you dividends then huh def food for thought, what do you think about types of food we eat do you think there's a difference in eating good healthy low fat foods compared to nice gooey naughty foods but with the same cals deficit making a difference to losses... ?? I was going to find some podcasts to listen too for an hour but think il enjoy your blog instead.. Have a fab day ..x

Wow have just read your blog right through what an amazing life you have a gorgeous family sun, pool, sun sun sun !!! I think my life would be so different if we had regular solid months of good weather so we could have more of an outdoor life like yourselves, my boss has a ranch out in Florida where he is now he is due home end of August and I know by October he is craving the sun and layed back life so bad he spends close to 5.5 months a year out there now and their only waiting really for the kids to finish school here then no doubt will move out there he is setting up a cab firm out there too, but often speaks about working to live over there rather than living to work and although the world portrays America as a whole as bad food nation he always speaks about the freshness of huge salads and veg and amazing subways that last you a day.. I am officially jealous as you can tell...

I also love the fact that you are totally honest in your blog the feelings you felt after the .6 as a loss is exactly what makes me completely blow my diet completely, but reading back the day before the baptism you had a Chinese buffet the salt and msg would cause seriously bloating as your body has had none of that stuff for a while so Im second guessing that's why the scales wasn't too kind that weigh in but you ploughed on and came out the other end so a massive well done from me and boy did it pay off xx Have a fab week.

Last edited:
More than half a stone! Wow wow wow!!! Well done love! That is amazing! and I can tell that it was a massive psychological boost too! :) You are AWESOME! :)

8lbs is AMAZING! well done!

OMG !!!!! 8lb's is amazing!!! hmmm walking is certainly paying you dividends then huh def food for thought, what do you think about types of food we eat do you think there's a difference in eating good healthy low fat foods compared to nice gooey naughty foods but with the same cals deficit making a difference to losses... ?? I was going to find some podcasts to listen too for an hour but think il enjoy your blog instead.. Have a fab day ..x

Wow have just read your blog right through what an amazing life you have a gorgeous family sun, pool, sun sun sun !!! I think my life would be so different if we had regular solid months of good weather so we could have more of an outdoor life like yourselves, my boss has a ranch out in Florida where he is now he is due home end of August and I know by October he is craving the sun and layed back life so bad he spends close to 5.5 months a year out there now and their only waiting really for the kids to finish school here then no doubt will move out there he is setting up a cab firm out there too, but often speaks about working to live over there rather than living to work and although the world portrays America as a whole as bad food nation he always speaks about the freshness of huge salads and veg and amazing subways that last you a day.. I am officially jealous as you can tell...

I also love the fact that you are totally honest in your blog the feelings you felt after the .6 as a loss is exactly what makes me completely blow my diet completely, but reading back the day before the baptism you had a Chinese buffet the salt and msg would cause seriously bloating as your body has had none of that stuff for a while so Im second guessing that's why the scales wasn't too kind that weigh in but you ploughed on and came out the other end so a massive well done from me and boy did it pay off xx Have a fab week.

My second week I did the naughty foods but kept it under 2000 calories and that was my worst week but when I cut out the sugars that didnt come from fruits and went very low carb I lost 8lbs. So I dont think the naughty foods are bad to maintain your weight or maybe even lose a little I do think they will hold you back from taking bigger steps into your journey.

I do my best to be honest, I really think it helps me keep things in perspective and in writing it in my blog I can go back and reference it so it can keep me straight. I agree with you about the buffet, wont be doing that again and especially the day before my weigh in.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog and for your wonderful feedback. I am very blessed with an amazing family and being in Southern California is not to much of a bad thing. The weather does make a huge difference in what I am able to do outside so for that I am very lucky as well. Its funny because here in the states we would trade an arm and a leg to be where your at, I have even said that my first big vacation will be in Europe. If you ever find yourself in California let me know, Ill give you the grand tour.

It was not easy but I was happy to make it through last week and I do believe it made me stronger which will only work in my favor as I continue the journey.

Thanks again! :)

More than half a stone! Wow wow wow!!! Well done love! That is amazing! and I can tell that it was a massive psychological boost too! :) You are AWESOME! :)

Oh yeah the moment I weighed myself and I saw the results my confidence went sky high and I felt like I was king of the world. Then I went on a walk with my sister and her pace kicked my but and made me feel a bit more normal but I was still happy. Thanks you! :)

8lbs is AMAZING! well done!

Thank you, I am really happy! :)

your doing brill darlng x x

40 miles :O I don't think my little town is even 40 miles long if you walk it several times! ;) WELL DONE!!!

Back