790 & no longer in ketosis

archantgirl

Hi,

Been doing 790 now for 2 weeks and the ketosticks say I am out of ketosis, is this normal and will effect my weight loss? I am going on holiday in 5 & half weeks, and I don't think SSing is the best idea as next week I should build up calories. Is anyone else having this problem? What should I do?

On 790 some people will be in mild ketosis. I've heard it maybe so mild that it will not show up on ketostix. You may be carb sensitive (like myself). The milk on 790 plus cottage cheese kick me out. You will still continue to lose weight so don't worry.

CDC
Sim

Hi I'm on 790 and often the ketostix will not show me in ketosis in the evening but I am in the morning. I don't find it a problem and seldom feel hungry. I don't get hung up on the ketostix now.

If you're feeling hungry you could maybe move up to the 1000 plan?

That will slow my weight down if I move up at the moment, I am not hungry just worried about the possibility of not loosing the weight. I want to be in the 12's before I go on holiday! x

You'll lose weight. Don't worry. You're doing just grand.

Tx

That will slow my weight down if I move up at the moment, I am not hungry just worried about the possibility of not loosing the weight. I want to be in the 12's before I go on holiday! x

Your'll still lose weight because 790 is still VLCD.

CDC
Sim

I was refering to the 1000 cal diet. I know I should loose on 790, but I am out of ketosis, thats a worry for me x

So it is common to NOT register ketosis on the sticks when on 790!

Well, well! I thought it was just me...

790 still kicks *ss, to my mind. SS-ing can be a real trial, wonderful tho' the results are. I also have a sneaky feeling that 790 is 'healthier', and makes the return to regular food way less traumatic.

So it is common to NOT register ketosis on the sticks when on 790!

Well, well! I thought it was just me...

790 still kicks *ss, to my mind. SS-ing can be a real trial, wonderful tho' the results are. I also have a sneaky feeling that 790 is 'healthier', and makes the return to regular food way less traumatic.
Hi
I'm not sure how common it is to not show in ketosis. I'm interested to know as well if there is different degrees of being in ketosis. I know I certainly am in ketosis most of the time but mostly in pale pinks... Does that mean I'm in a lower state of ketosis? I also don't seem to suffer the effects as bad as some people ie I get cold sometimes but I'm not bad. I don't seem to suffer the bad breath too much (I don't think so anyway!!) I really really don't crave food on this. I eat my meal and save my bar for after that so it feels like I'm being naughty and it satisfies me. I really never thought I'd say that but it's true.

I too agree that in my mind anyway 790 is a healthier way to do it and I feel that my return to 'normal' eating will be a little easier. I remember meeting a woman once about 20 years ago now who had lost 12stone on CD and she was scared to eat. She survived on her packs and said she couldn't physically eat if she wanted to. I suppose in those days things were different but I don't ever want to be scared to eat. I think actually if I were SSing I would go off the rails once I started eating again and put it all on again. I do not want that to EVER happen!!

I had a notion yesterday of switching to SS and I didn't have my meal but I think I shall carry on with 790. It's working for me.

Hi
I'm not sure how common it is to not show in ketosis. I'm interested to know as well if there is different degrees of being in ketosis. I know I certainly am in ketosis most of the time but mostly in pale pinks... Does that mean I'm in a lower state of ketosis? I also don't seem to suffer the effects as bad as some people ie I get cold sometimes but I'm not bad. I don't seem to suffer the bad breath too much (I don't think so anyway!!) I really really don't crave food on this. I eat my meal and save my bar for after that so it feels like I'm being naughty and it satisfies me. I really never thought I'd say that but it's true.

I too agree that in my mind anyway 790 is a healthier way to do it and I feel that my return to 'normal' eating will be a little easier. I remember meeting a woman once about 20 years ago now who had lost 12stone on CD and she was scared to eat. She survived on her packs and said she couldn't physically eat if she wanted to. I suppose in those days things were different but I don't ever want to be scared to eat. I think actually if I were SSing I would go off the rails once I started eating again and put it all on again. I do not want that to EVER happen!!

I had a notion yesterday of switching to SS and I didn't have my meal but I think I shall carry on with 790. It's working for me.

This is an interesting thread. As a CDC, I personally feel that for a lot of people, SSing is the best way to lose the weight quickly and then do a long, leisurely reintroduction of food via the 790 etc. But the 790 is a brill vlcd for those who don't want to be completely abstinent for whatever reason.

I can see why some may think that 790 is 'healthier' - I personally don't think it's any healthier than SSing as you're still getting everything you need from the packs.

Re the lady who was frightened to eat. I felt a bit like that when I was on LL. I think it's a phase that some people go through when they get control of SSing and feel as if they're never going to be able to trust themselves with food again. A carefully planned and supervised reintroduction of food can diminish those feelings. I was going great guns at maintaining and controlling what I ate until I had a trauma last year and just lost the plot. I'll be more careful this time!

And yes - some people never show that they're in ketosis, not even on SSing - just a funny old thing. If you're on 790, some folk can be kicked out, some aren't. But at the end of the day, if you're losing weight and feeling good (and not hungry) then your body is burning fat and doing it's own thing, so all is well.

xxxxx

hiya, I can understand why some people would get on better without the temptation of food. I truly think that you need to find the plan that works for you individually. I do think that CD is great whichever plan you do and my life is already changing for the better!!

Getting back t normal eating after is a worry for me but I think its early days yet to worry about it. I just know I don't want to put the weight back on again! I think maybe joining WW afterwards might help me keep control.

hiya, I can understand why some people would get on better without the temptation of food. I truly think that you need to find the plan that works for you individually. I do think that CD is great whichever plan you do and my life is already changing for the better!!

Getting back t normal eating after is a worry for me but I think its early days yet to worry about it. I just know I don't want to put the weight back on again! I think maybe joining WW afterwards might help me keep control.

I agree - that's why I love CD cos it's got something for everyone!

I tell my clients that they can come back on a monthly basis just to get weighed for as long as they like (free of charge) to help keep their weight in check. A lot of them like to have at least one bar or something a day, just to help them retain control once they're established on a low-GI style healthy eating plan, as recommended by CD.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a good idea. I have been saying for a while that I wouldn't mind carrying on with maybe 1 or 2 packs in the day time just to help things along. Definitely the peanut bars anyway. I just love them!! Actually my daughter who is 10 pinched one the other day just to have for a snack... I suppose its a healthy snack with all those nutrients!

Although I still worry about maintaining I'll put it to the back of my mind just now but I'll be on here asking advice nearer the time! I would actually love to become a CDC myself once I've lost my weight. I'm so obsessed with this diet just now it will feel weird not to think about it once I'm at target. We'll see about that later on too though. This is going to take me the best part of this year to do, if not longer as I'm on 790.

I have a question re 790 - I find that when I'm SSing the weight just falls off BUT once I start doing 790 it stops and almost goes on .... does that sound right?? Does the body start to stabilise?? My body just seems to freak out when I introduce food!!! Any ideas anyone??

Well, I did decide to go back to SSing and I have droped 2.5lbs already! The main reason for going back to SS was that the food was getting very boring on 790, and I felt like I was craving something a bit more interesting! So by going back onto ss, I can eliminate all those feelings! Thank you to everyone who hass posted on my thread, thaere has been a lot of advice!:)

Back