790 problems.....

kopcat

Gold Member
Hi all

I've been very pleased with my progress so far :) I've lost 19 lbs in just under 4 weeks (next weigh-in tonight). I moved onto 790 last week, and am really struggling!?! I simply cannot eat the quantities recommended (even though I split it into two meals...any more is impractical). I've followed the rules and eaten what I should do every day, but have bloated beyond recognition - and really am in quite a bit of discomfort / pain. :(

Am not sure what to do.... am I ok to eat less than the stated amount? Problem is my CDC is now away for the next 3 weeks.....:confused:

PLUS the scales are showing a weight gain :(

Any advice?

What have you been having for your meals?

The carb increase ought not to have caused bloating!

You should still be in ketosis on 790 too.

I had problems with the quantities of Quorn and cottage cheese allowed too!

Hi there

Can't help but am in the same boat, my second week of 790 and am retaining water, bunged up and having leg cramps. Don't struggle eating the quantities but am feeling so bloated and uncomfortable. Perhaps our bodies are just readjusting?

Georgie
x

What have you been having for your meals?

The carb increase ought not to have caused bloating!

You should still be in ketosis on 790 too.

I had problems with the quantities of Quorn and cottage cheese allowed too!

Only tried the cottage cheese once, was in agony straight afterwards - so that's a no-no from now on.

Quorn is what I've been eating - couldn't get any decent fish at weekend, and don't eat poultry (haven't for over 20 years), so am stuck really :(

Just a thought, but what sort of quorn, hun? Are we talking quorn pieces/burgers/sausages? And how are you cooking it? Any added salt (say in Bouillion) will make your retain water. Also, compared to chicken and fish, quorn and cottage cheese are a lot higher in carbs--especially if you then add veg. Are you knocking yourself out of ketosis? Some people drop out of ketosis at about 25g carb a day--unfortunately...

May be barking completely up the wrong tree!

Oh and one other thought--not sure if applies but... TOTM?

Just a thought, but what sort of quorn, hun? Are we talking quorn pieces/burgers/sausages? And how are you cooking it? Any added salt (say in Bouillion) will make your retain water. Also, compared to chicken and fish, quorn and cottage cheese are a lot higher in carbs--especially if you then add veg. Are you knocking yourself out of ketosis? Some people drop out of ketosis at about 25g carb a day--unfortunately...

May be barking completely up the wrong tree!

Oh and one other thought--not sure if applies but... TOTM?

The type that's affecting me the worst is the mince :(. I've been cooking it in a tiny bit of marigold bouillon...

Maybe you're right though! I've just paid a quick visit to my CDC before she flies off to Goa for 3 weeks ( I was right, I've put on 1 1/4lb :mad:, not going to put it on my ticker though, as shouldn't have weighed in until weekend!) - she's recommended I move up to 1000. There's more variety there for me, so I can cut down on the quorn. And I'm definitely going to stock up on the fish!!

TOTM not an issue for me. I don't have periods, or the usual cycle..... (And I'm definitely not pregnant, as my CDC asked when she saw my bloated belly.)

Well, if I am right (not saying that I am, LOL) it's not really weight gain but a bit of glycogen and water--which would have gone back eventually anyway. Alternatively, it's just fluid retention. Or do you--ahem--scuse me--need a good poo? (Sorry :))

Whatever, you've done nothing 'wrong' and I'm guessing it'll sort itself out over the next few days one way or the other.

Good luck with the 1000 plan--as you say--at least you'll have a lot more choice!

Hugs

Well, if I am right (not saying that I am, LOL) it's not really weight gain but a bit of glycogen and water--which would have gone back eventually anyway. Alternatively, it's just fluid retention. Or do you--ahem--scuse me--need a good poo? (Sorry :))

Whatever, you've done nothing 'wrong' and I'm guessing it'll sort itself out over the next few days one way or the other.

Good luck with the 1000 plan--as you say--at least you'll have a lot more choice!

Hugs

No need to apologise :D You're probably right on more than one thing there! ;)

Back