790 thread

Yay for you in the pink!! lol, I dont test now, I did in the first two weeks and was in ketosis so I just leave it now assuming it will be ok if I still follow the plan like then. My cdc gave me some sticks, Im not bothering to buy any ... plus apparently you can get a bit of an interrogation when trying to buy them? lol Not in the mood for that!

Morning 790ers

My second 790 weigh in today so will let you all know how i got on later. Not expecting much of a loss this week.

How is everyone doing?

What type of fish do you have? I've only had cod and haddock but would like to try something else - any ideas?

Sea bass is very nice, I used to pan fry mine in olive oil.

Tuna is nice too, again pan fried.

Well after so much faffing around trying to get back on ssing(managed to lose just over a stone about 6 weeks ago ssing)i have now decided to give the 790 plan a go. I have weighed myself this morning and i have put back on every single pound i lost plus another 3 pound on top, so things are looking a bit bleak. Have just read this thread and am really impressed with the weight losses ( leehal you have done brilliantly) So here goes, day one of 790 for me, gonna give this my best shot, will let you all know how i get on later . cherry:)

Well hello fellow 790'ers :D

I started on 790 yesterday and feeling GREAT and in control for a change.

Am going to have a good read through this whole thread as I think it will have lots of ideas of what I can and can't eat. I thoroughly enjoyed a chicken salad last night and obviously my 2 choc tetra packs earlier in the day.

Is is ok do you think, to have the odd cup of tea with a little skimmed milk?

Morning all, hope you all haave a good day and good luck for weigh ins!!

You can have tea or coffee using your skimmed milk allowance and you can have a low calorie sweetener tablet in it too, has to be the tablet form and not granules.

Hello to the new guys you'll love 790!! :)

I am loving it, I've been doing it 3 weeks now and aside from a few blips, my losses have been good, I got a bit carried away at one point with crab sticks, started off at just a couple a day and before I knew it I was eating a pack a day! So I've stopped that now! :) Despite that though my losses are still going well (although I know I could have done better!) :)

But I'm back on track now and feeling great! I'm having plaice tonight (just because I've run out of chicken!), for a change, haven't had that before :) Most days I throw some chicken breast, mushrooms and onions on the lean mean grilling machine and serve that with a bed of lettuce, celery, cucumber and picked cabbage :) I normally sprinkle different herbs on the mean, either paprika, barbecue or steak seasoning always works well and I always sprinkle a bit of vinegar on my salad :)

I also love my peanut bars and chocolate mousse :)

I do try and eat two meals a day, so I split my protein allowance in half, and have half a lunch and half a dinner, I find this works really well and I think it probably gets my metabolism going early :)

I've also now started trying to do a DVD in the evenings, (Davina!) 2 or 3 times a week, just to help kick those lbs away!! but this is really due to the fact that I have a very sedentary job (working from home sitting at a computer) so I really get hardly any exercise :))

Anyway I'm off to Butlins on Saturday for the week, still planning to stick with my 790, as I've got to far now to blow it all by eating on holiday and I'm really not that bothered about crap food right now, I'm enjoying my meals and it really is working ! :)

I've also manged to get away with the odd take away! I've had a chicken shish special kebab from our local kebab shop, where I just ate the chicken and the salad (but you have to avoid the sauces, the pitta and the tomato!) :) But its great just to know that you can have the odd take away and get away with it :) Although I'd leave this until you are a week or so into the 790 plan :)

I also took Lee's advice and ate out at an Indian with the chicken tikka (not masala!) and salad and that was lovely, but I got carried away with half a popadum and mango chutney and paid dearly for that! So only go down this road if you are feeling really strong! :) (i.e. don't eat any of the sauces and steer clear of the popadums!) :)

Overall I am finding 790 sooooooo much easier than sole source! :)))

Love

Laura
x

Back