8 stone to go THIS IS IT !!

Hi all thought I would start a diary on here for myself I hope it will keep me motivated as I have a long way to go.
So im 29 and my start weight was 20st 10lbs I started last Tuesday and have lost 6lbs this week !! Yay me . Im a mummy of three beautiful girls 4, 6 and 8 and have a wonderfull supportive husband but theres only so many times I can tell him im going to do it this time .......
So ive started calorie counting using mfp to help me keep track and so far so good tje weight loss this week was great although I did hope for a little more. Ive started back at work today too after a year out im a cleaner and found it hard today in tje heat but I just have to keep thinking im burning more calories tje harder I work !!
So im rambling know lol so ill leave it here untill tomorrow.
P.s im hoping for 4 stone by my birthday in october also have a holiday book and want to fit in the plane seat !!!
Good luck on all ur journeys x x x x

hey good luck on your journey there are a few of us on the cak counting with about 8 stone to loose all with birthdays in oct all around the 30 mark ... u should come find us.

sarah xx

Thanks sarah im already one of the gang I think lol ! Im just doing this diary for myself more than anything how u getting on x

The very best of luck to you thistime30, you sound like you have a great start with a great partner and family so your half way there good luck, i'm half way through my 8st journey so i know where your coming from keep us up to date ;)

i have good days and bad as im an emotional eater but im doin it day by day. ive learnt i will get there but i have to be patient by changing my unholy habits lol.

how have u found your first week? are you doin any exercise?

sarah xx

Hi sarah , caretaker and lauuu thanks for ur posts caretaker u have done realy well congrats u look great ! Today has been a down day I just feel a little down in the dumps id love nothing better than to dip a masive mars bar in a cuppa tea .......... but I cant and I havent I have noticed although im sticking to my calorie intake I am eating more fat than id like does this make a difference to weight loss ?? Im using mfp and it says my average fat for the week was 46% but I am below the recomended calories.
They say I should be eating 1700 a day and im having around 1300 im worries ill be dissapointed this week asfter a biggish loss this week .
Oh well tomorrow is another day speak soon x h x

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get the 8 stone off! I was 21.5 stone when I started out and am down to 13 stone now, so it's definitely do-able. :) The one thing I would say is that 1,300 is probably a bit on the low side to start on when you've got a long road ahead - I'd be more inclined to go with the MFP recommendation of 1,700 at this stage, and reduce it gradually as your losses slow down. I started off on around 1,800, and still have 1,500 after almost 2 years. It's much more sustainable in the long term that way. :) xx

id defo agree with tracey maybe up your cals so you can drop them gradually or you'll ve stuck on very low cal towards the end of your weight loss.

im on 1500 and its working for me at the mo.

sarah xx

Hi tracy and sarah i have noticed over the last few days im up 2 1500 anyway I think u always ease off a little in the second week .
But yesterday was bad I just wasnt feeling good and went up 2 1800 calories but im back on track today just hope it hasnt ruined my hard work.
The weekend is comming and we have a bbq planned tomorow so im going to make loads of salad andbget some yummy melon in !
Well done tracy on ur fantastic loss howlong did it take u x x h x x

thistime30 said:
Hi tracy and sarah i have noticed over the last few days im up 2 1500 anyway I think u always ease off a little in the second week .
But yesterday was bad I just wasnt feeling good and went up 2 1800 calories but im back on track today just hope it hasnt ruined my hard work.
The weekend is comming and we have a bbq planned tomorow so im going to make loads of salad andbget some yummy melon in !
Well done tracy on ur fantastic loss howlong did it take u x x h x x

Thank you! I've done it quite slowly and steadily, so I've been plugging away at it for 22 months now! I always reckoned it would take me a couple of years, especially with zero exercise, so about what I thought. It is better this way though, because I haven't got too much loose skin, which happens if you lose too quickly and can be quite horrendous from things you see on telly, plus the more steadily you lose the more likely it is to stay off. Fingers crossed! :) xx

Thats whatim scared of the loose skin ! My tummy I kniw is going to be hanging because ive had three c sections and have a large hang over now, its my arms more than anything I hate them ! Espesialy in this weather I wont get them out so have cardigans or shirts on all the time just cant wait untill I can wear a nice vest top x x well done hun you shiuld be very proud of yourself id love to keep intouch its good hearing from some one whos done it already x hx

thistime30 said:
Thats whatim scared of the loose skin ! My tummy I kniw is going to be hanging because ive had three c sections and have a large hang over now, its my arms more than anything I hate them ! Espesialy in this weather I wont get them out so have cardigans or shirts on all the time just cant wait untill I can wear a nice vest top x x well done hun you shiuld be very proud of yourself id love to keep intouch its good hearing from some one whos done it already x hx

If you don't lose it too fast and do some toning exercises, I don't see why your arms should be much of a problem. Mine aren't brilliant, but I'm 50 and don't exercise, so they're a bit saggy, but it doesn't worry me too much, being an old crock, lol. Just being aware of the potential issues should enable you to take steps to prevent them, so I'd do a bit of research. Not sure about the tummy, as I haven't had sections myself, just one standard delivery I'm glad to say. ;)

Thanks for the kind words, it does feel good to have got to this stage. Of course we can keep in touch - are you going to keep using this thread as a diary? :) xx

Yes im going to update every day just to keep myself focused as I have failed to many times I really want to do it this time x h x

Had a good day today was worries about my bbq but saved my calories nearly all day so I could have more or less what I wanted and to my supprise even tho it was high calorie what I had I was full alot sooner than I normaly am ! Just adsed it all up on mfp and it came to over 1000 calories !! And I would usualy eat more than that .
So ive come in on target today with still 350 cals left and I enjoyed eating what everyone else was plus we went for an hiur walk afterwards so may have burned some of that off.
3more days till weigh in but I dont feel like ive lost anything this week but I hope im wrong as I am trying so hard but as my nanny used to say rome wasnt built in a day...x h x

Yes im going to update every day just to keep myself focused as I have failed to many times I really want to do it this time x h x
And you will mate keep the chin up ;) you mentioned in a previous post your worried about loose skin, as are we all :( mine I have been fairly lucky even though I got so big it was mainly on my tum - bum - chest and the only really loose skin I have is around my waist :( although Mrs caretaker thinks its an executive toy! Even to the extent of saying "don't lose that, it's so soft and squidgy" :confused: :p Hmmm. Take care mate ;)

Good day today in the sun all day ham sandwich for lunch and a chicken sald for tea ! And I still have 600 cals left for some thing later still dont feel as though ive lost anything this week but will find out soon xx

Another good day todaybcant believe ive lasted two weeks !! Ha ha weigh in tomorrow :/ just hoping their kind to me I have been good ...not 100% but id say 90% was temptednto go today but thought it may be an extra pound if I wait lol.
Nothing planned this week but hubby gets paid and we usually go out to eat alot but im going to curb it now and ut saves pennies !
Well bye for now ill be back with weigh in news tomorrow .........xhx

Back