8 stone to lose, by Jan '11. Is it possible?!

OMG I got married at Tregenna! It was amazing. Have a look at my profile at the pictures. I used to live in Truro so I know Fal and St Agnes

Wow, Tregenna is beautiful! The gardens below where the front entrance is, is beautiful. Another friend got married there a while back and released a load of chinese lanterns out across the bay. It looked amazing!

We really wanted either Trereife House in Penzance or Scorrier Country House, but situations have changed and our budget has had to be seriously reviewed!

Never mind, it will still be special, I will just have to be more creative! x

When you have made enough posts to send personal messages I might be able to help there. I am a weddig planner and saving money is my speciality!

Excellent! I like saving money ;)

Hiya
I am also trying to shift the weight to get married next February, I will keep track of your posts to see how you are getting on and you might inspire me too :)

Feel free to inspire me back! lol

Went to see the possible venue this evening, I'm in love! I have been hunting and hunting for a year now for the perfect venue, somewhere that ticked all the boxes (basically was cheap, but lived up to my high expectations and was prepared to let me do as I please food wise). It is a gem of a find!

So, so excited. Only problem is, that now I've found the perfect venue, I don't want to compromise on the date! I want my summer wedding. The place is perfect for the hog roast I wanted, it opens out onto the village green, so I can have the bouncy castle to keep the kids amused, there is a seperate dance hall. And the best bit....it's only £400 for the whole place for the Friday night through to the Sunday morning, so plenty of time for me to be OCD about getting the decs exactly how I want them!

Yay!!! :love047:

Wow thats great! Have you got a photographer yet? I know one in St Austell who is great and really reasonable. Her work is great quality too

Possibly?! Have you heard of Bjorn Thomassen? He's a well known photographer in cornwall. Well I am good friends with his equally talented brother! Who does photography as a side line.

I really like the type of photo where the posed look un-posed. Like an action shot, but isn't, if you know what I mean? I can't remember what its called right now?

But if you want to pass me her details, at the minute I am open to all suggestions! x

Reportage! I remembered...lol

Day 4! Feels like I've been at this for weeks already, not just 4 days. It gets easier each day though doesn't it? The first couple of days were a nightmare, but as they pass it feels less like I'm punishing myself and more like a positive thing. It's true what they say, that weight loss is a mental change as much as a physical one, isn't it?

Anyway....had a sneaky weigh in this morning and although part of me thinks it might be tempting fate so early on, the other part of me is so pleased to see a movement in the right direction at last!

My heaviest weight (ever) on sunday was 18st 10.7lbs and when I weighed in this morning I am 18st 4.3lbs! As long as I can maintain that lose by next sunday I'll be over the moon. I am not expecting any more and I am aware that most of that, if not all was fluid retention etc. But still....it makes me feel good!

Better still, we have finally decided on a church and a venue and 'almost' decided on a date. Bearing in mind we got engaged Christmas 2008.

For those of you that are familiar with Cornwall, we are marrying in Budock Church, Falmouth. For those of you who aren't, it is the prettiest little village church I have ever seen. Since a kid, I always knew I wanted to get married there.

For the reception and evening do, we are having Chacewater Community Centre, Truro. Which is a beautiful community centre, next to a river, which opens out onto 120 acres of village green and woods.

The date, we are planning on June/July 2011. Just need to confirm a date with my Mum as she will be coming across from Canada and we need to coincide with her harvest season.

x

So, today wasn't so great. Missed breakfast, had porridge for dinner, chicken pie and buttery mash for tea. Followed by some malt loaf and butter for pudding.

Not good, but also nowhere near as bad as I would usually be. Have let myself get away with it though as tomorrow is the weekend and I will be taking my youngster (horse) out for a nice long walk in the morning, got a whole house worth of housework to catch up on and I'm sure Sunday will be much the same. So I'll be getting plenty of exercise (compared to normal).

Just got to remember to drink my water, I'm awful for not drinking enough. Need to remember to carry a bottle of squash around with me!

Also, I don't think I've had a cigarette for over a week now? Def haven't had one since last Saturday? :rolleyes:

x

I got me a ticker!

Well done on the not smoking! love the ticker, now just watch it move. Have a good day today with lots of exercise x

I feel so miserable and desperate. I weighed last night and I was back where I started the week before. Having not lost anything. The weekend wasn't too bad until Sunday. I hadn't told my fella that I was trying really hard to be good (I don't bother anymore cause I normally quick 2 weeks in). Anyway, he bought me a tray of thorntons caramel shortcakes and Indian take away for tea. So by the time I weighed Sunday evening, it was all back on.

I've now spent all morning trawling through diet websites looking at different drastic diets. The main one being CD. I just don't know whether I can afford it or not, money is not great at the minute, we have a hard 12 months ahead of us to clear our debts and CD would dip into our funds. I know that basically it is a your food shop for the week, but I don't think I spend much more than that a week on food for me and scott, and even if I did CD I'd still have to feed scott?!

I thought about going to the doctors and asking to be put on Xenical, which was offered in the past. Or going back to SW? Or just following a 1000kcal deficit diet?

Just feel like I need to do something, to break this vicious circle? I am good for a week, then allow myself a treat, go over the top and end up back where I was? I just can't break the chain?

Still feeling equally as miserable today about everything and still toying with the idea of CD. I was good yesterday, porridge for breakfast and ryvita and soft cottage cheese for dinner...but then I went home and cooked rice and southern fried chicken for my partner and had some myself. Which was very yummy! He then called to say he was stuck at work and was going to be a while, so I then ate his portion as well! And then had some ice cream.

How do I break the binge cycle? It's like something else takes over...I feel good for 5 minutes and then feel revolted with myself?!

Got up this morning at 6am and went swimming before work. It's probably been 18 months since I last swam. I only did 20 lengths, I could have done plenty more, but I am so slow now, I was running out of time before work. I used to do 32 every morning (half a mile) in about 20 mins and I used to do most of them front crawl, this morning I had to do breast stroke all the way! Managed about 1/2 a length of front crawl and was knackered!

I feel like such a grump! lol x

From what you have said I would say that SW would suit you best. Do you want to JUST lose weight for your wedding or do you want a healthier lifestyle forever? You can cook the same food for you and Scott and you can have treats too. I do SW and my WI day is a friday. I use most my Syns for a 'day off' on Saturdays then cut back through the week.

Thanks Taz, while I'm undecided on what I want to do, I'm just going to keep bimbling along. I nearly went to a SW class, but then my neighbour popped in and by the time I'd politely gotten rid of him it was too late to make class. I feel like I should be able to follow SW on my own and get the same results, cause god knows I've been on it on and off for long enough! I've got the books and access to the website etc.

But, on a plus note! I went swimming Tuesday and Wednesday morning before work and I am going after work tonight.

I weighed in this morning and I have re-lost what I lost and put back on in the first week. So I am back into new weight loss!

I weigh in Sunday evening and again Monday morning and record both.

heya hunni, about the binging i cant really offer advice as i am trying to tackle that myself, but i just wanted to say dont weigh yourself in the evening, with food and drink consumed during the day you will be heavier. just stick to your monday mornings, best is before you have eaten and prefferable after you have been to the toilet (no 2 :jelous:).

good luck
xxx

Back