8 stone to lose, by Jan '11. Is it possible?!

cornishkez

Gold Member
Hi all!

My name is Kez and I will be 25 tomorrow, I have been with my partner 6 years and we are due to be married next January. I have just over 8 stone to lose to get to my target weight of 10 and a half stone. We were due to get married this August, however funds have forced us to put it off for a while, which also means I have more time to lose some serious weight!

I am currently a size 22 on top and a 24 on the bottom. Worse case scenario I would like to be a size 16 or around 12 and a half stone for the wedding. I'm not kidding myself, I'll never been a skinny mini, but realistically to be in my 'healthy BMI' I should be looking at the 10 and a half stone area.

I started my diet yesterday and was better than I have been for a long time, but I wasn't great! My problem is quantity, not quality. I eat huge portions of good food, but do almost zero activity. And my favourite kind of food is CARBS!!! Pasta, rice, potatoes, pastry...I love it!

I did slimming world a few years back and did pretty well, losing nearly 3 stone in a fairly short space of time. But, what I was doing wasn't sustainable so when I started slacking off, it all went back on just as quickly, plus some...

So, here we go again! Wish me luck folks! x

Hi hun, welcome to the forum! I haven't been here very long, only a few weeks, but everyone is so welcoming and friendly!

Which diet are you on? Or is it just healthy eating? 8 stone in a year is possible, but you have to be so strict on yourself! You have a great incentive to do it!

I was in your position before Xmas, eating massive plates of mashed potato or huge bowls of pasta, but I realised that I needed to get slim for my wedding in June, and there wasn't a lot of time left. I didn't want to look back at pics of my wedding day and see a great lump staring back at me, so I started on the Cambridge Diet. Lost over a stone in a month, so it is possible!

If you still want to eat carbs, my CDC showed me a book on low GI foods, which explains about energy release etc, take a look at it, it might help!

Anyways, good luck and i look forward to coming and checking your updates! x x x

Hi Louby, thanks for your reply. I've heard of the Cambridge diet, is that the one where they provide the food for you? How much does it cost, roughly?!

I'm not following any particular plan. I've thought about going back to slimming world, but I've kind of gone through the local groups. And each time I go and then stop, I'm too embarassed to go back to the same group. I tried weight watchers for a little bit, but I'm so trained into the SW way of thinking, I really struggled to get my head around it.

I guess at the minute I am just trying to concentrate on cutting back on the naughties and cutting down the portion sizes.

I'm open to suggestions really? x

Louby, I've just read your blog post on reasons why you want to be thin...and I swear to you, that is almost word for word what I wrote in the front of my new diary! :)

Oh my days, I have just read up on the CD! How dedicated are you guys? You have my upmost respect...if I could just find a snip of that will power I would be pleased. It's gone 11pm, but I suddenly feel like I should be doing an hour on the wii fit!

Hiya lovely,
Thanks! It is pure dedication, you really have to want to do it sooo much or it's just a waste. 2 of my friends were so impressed that i'd lost 8lbs in my first week, they went to see what it was all about, and ended up giving in on day 3/4. Shame because it really works, but its not for everyone. It costs approx £40 a week, for all your meals.

I totally know what you mean about the SW and WW groups, i was exactly the same. I even ended up going to a Rosmary Connely meeting too because i'd gone through every other group in my area! (I bummed out of that too after week 3!)

I'm really glad i'm not the only one with those goals and reasons, it's so nice to know! I re-read them a few days later and thought to myself 'i'm so stupid' but they really help me now. I look at a pizza dripping with cheese, and drool over it, then think about my previous holidays where i've been so uncomfortable in the plane seats, or I think about my wedding pics, and I end up walking away because I don't want to be that person anymore. I've slipped up a couple of times, but everyones allowed to right?

Heehee! Love the Wii fit comment! Have you tried that just dance workout on the wii? The songs aren't that great, but it's all arm workouts really, my bingo wings are slooooowly going! :)

Take care pickle, keep us updated yeah?
Louby x x x

Haha! Yes...I got Just Dance for my birthday today, but I was naughty and opened it early and had a play on it yesterday. It's brill! The Pump up the Jam song is hard work and the cotton eye joe one kilss your arms! Doing the chicken wing dance...lmao!

Do you worry with the CD how you will eventually wean yourself off and go back to normal foods, without putting on?

Oh well, like I said, it's my birthday today so I've already had banoffee cheesecake and I'm going out for a slap up meal tonight, then chinese tomorrow night with the folks. Oh dear, maybe I should have started the diet after the birthday treats were out of the way?!

Take care x

Ok, so yesterday was my birthday, I was just about at naughty as you can get! Chocolate cake, scones with clotted cream and jam, full slap up carvery with all the trimmings...the list is endless.

Then today I spent the day finishing off the cakes etc and then had chinese for tea with the folks. So, the chinese was my closure meal...you know we all say. Right! Tomorrow is the day, so we make up for it 'today'. We'll I guess that's what I've done for the last two days?!

But I'm adamant that tomorrow is the day and that I will find some will power from somewhere. 11 months till the wedding and ALOT of weight to lose in the meantime.

x

Oh dear, I guess my few days of naughtiness have come back to bite my giant behind! Weighed this evening and I am offically my heaviest ever... 18 stones 10.7 lbs :cry:

Why is this so hard to get started? Am seriously thinking about going to the doctors and asking baout going on alli, they offered it a while back but I didn't except.

Anybody had good or bad experiences? It's one of those pills that stops your body from absorbing too much fat. Sound good? Well if you are eating too much fat and your body can't absorb it then its gotta go somewhere?! And usually it comes in the form of orange diahhroea...nice!:sick0019:

If there is one thing I hate, it's my photo, so here are a couple so I can remind myself how awful I look! I rarely look in the mirror or look at photos, so it gets easy to kid yourself that things arent that bad.

Hi Kez

I have recently joined so first let me say a big welcome.

Yes, it is possible to lose all the weight that you want to. Believe in yourself girl. One, tip, take little steps at first and as you build your confidence those steps will get bigger and bigger.

I also have to lose weight, 4 stones in total, as I need to improve my health. I have just been introduced to a weight loss method which is amazing. What makes this method so unique is that you look slim and shapely, before you even lose any weight! What a contradiction!

The best thing of all, is that you lose inches instantly and continue to look fabulous while you are dropping inches and losing weight.

I lost 4 inches straight away. Let me know if you want more info.

I look forward to reading more about your journey.

All the best

Good luck, Kez.

I think your photos look great, much better than mine which I daren't post at this stage :D

In saying that, photos are a great motivator when feeling weak, and I have plastered some on the side of my wardrobe so they're the first thing I see when I wake up every morning!

I'm back on SW again after many attempts, and I have to get to target in 11 months too for my brother's wedding, so I think my motivation's right this time, not as strong as yours, but enough I think.

Hi All! No, I'm not following any kind of plan, just trying to reduce the rubbish I eat and drink for the minute, once I tackle that then I can focus on the specifics.

Today was a turn around, it was the first day in weeks and weeks and weeks that I've consciously had a 'Good' day!

Breakfast: Pear and yoghurt
Dinner: Noodles on toast and another pear
Tea: Scrambled egg with ham

I even turned down a piece of chocolate cake at my step dads birthday party! So proud of myself :0)

Got an appointment tomorrow evening with a possible reception venue! x

Taz - I am lucky enough to live in Cornwall (hence the screenname) and will be getting married down here, we haven't picked where yet. Church or civil?! The venue we are going to see if for the reception and the evening do. We've decided against a sit down meal and top table etc, we're going to get married later in the day and then go straight into the evening do with buffet and pasties!

Day 2 on the wagon - so far so good!

Breakfast: Pear
Mid morning: Bowl of porridge
Lunch: Cous cous, ham and egg

Only had 1 coffee so far today and am now on the water, usually I'd be on coffee number 4 by now!

Nice! My h2b sister got married at Tregenna Castle last year, was very, very nice. But out of our price range sadly :sigh:

We live about half a mile out of Perranporth (if you know the area) so will possibly be getting married in St Agnes church, which is our parish. Or Budock Water church in Falmouth, which is my dads parish.

Are you from Cornwall then? x

Back