800 calorie diet,somone to talk to

fatbody

hi, i have been on a 800 calorie diet for 11 days now ,the first week i lost 4lb ,which i am pleased with as i did have a rare night out with alcohol,, so week two is in full swing,i have 5 stone to lose,and wondered if someone else was doing the same diet.:)

If this is working, then great, but i wouldnt stay at such a low calorie count for too long. Yr body will go into starvation mode and you will find you wont be loosing as much, if anything at all in the long run.

My fitness pal is an online forum that'll sort out your daily calories. Its a great logging system.

Just thought this might help, and well done on such a great weight loss!!
Keep us posted x

I doubt there's many on here that will be doing 800 as the recommended minimum to stay healthy is 1200 a day.

Oooooooooh 800 is really very low :( be careful. I don't really have many tips as I've never really gone that low. Xxxx

Most of us here don't go below 1200, which is the guideline lowest limit to keep your body going with the energy and nutrients it needs to function.

How have you decided on 800 as your limit?

With 5 stone to lose I'm sure you could eat more like 1400 or 1500 and still lose really well and safely. 1-2lbs a week is the best way - it might seem not a lot, but steady and slow is what keeps the weight off.

You might find if you allow yourself a few more cals you can stick to the diet longer-term and lose as much as you want to :)

But, if you are feeling ok and it's working...best of luck! I know I couldn't stick to that low.

thank you for all your lovely replies , i shall do 800 calories for a month and then go up to 1200 ,i do like the support that everyone gives,ju

Back