810 meal ideas

no we're not allowed the sausages or burgers only the quorn pieces - because the sausages have lots of other things in it like onion etc which can knock out of ketosis - i know a lot of people say about carb/calorie value but it's nothing to do with that it's to do with all the added ingredients in them

My CDC was not sure about the sausages. I don't eat meat but do eat fish, I was finding 810 very repeatative, but have to say there are some good ideas on here. I have been sticking to the 810 guidelines, I like the sound of Anaya's cottage pie can we mix two items from the protein list like quorn mince and cottage cheese together in one meal? I'm going up the steps because I am going away the end of May... I may need to ss+ when I come back!

Oh my good god...........Celeriac chips, mmmmmmmmmmm, DO IT!! Parsnip crisps today! I also had a small chicken breast, stuffed with cottage cheese, chilli flakes, and coriander, and roasted it in the oven. I will be eating that when i'm eating normally. It was yummy! x

Does anyone have any mince ideas, now that the sauages are out! booo. x

.....I'm going mad with this cooking lark. Which considering im normally a 'Whack it in the micro girl', is great. Ok so grilled chicken breast, with chilli flakes, Steamed broccoli, and Cauliflour and parsnip mash with half a sachet of the leek and pot soup! Delicious......even my housemate was trying to pinch it off my plate! and she is the fussiest person EVER!!! x

.....parsnip mash

Oooooo are we allowed parsnips?? :eek: I didnt think we were!! I love them so would be V happy if we were!! :)

I kno what you mean about the cooking thing! I've been experimenting loads and love cooking my meals now!! Lots of positives for CD and this is def one of them! :) xxx

oooooooooo.....I hope so! Its white'ish vegtable! Oh no! I had better check that. Not cool x

Heeelppp :( I'm not excited about starting 810+, I'm just WORRIED because it all sounds so complicated to cook!
I can cook a few bits and bobs but I'm only 18 so hardly a culinary genius, I don't know where to buy things like light oil spray either... I'm going to end up eating the same stuff every day I can tell! :(

Hiya Luci! Try not to panic! I think it may look a lot more complex than it really is, when i first started on 810 i only ate salads! tear up a few salad leaves, and had them with either tuna or cottage cheese or some ready cooked chicken from asda and then just added herbs and ground black pepper! but i did start to get a bit bored and then started trying different things out, the easiest thing to do is to steam some chicken/fish in a foil parcel type thing in the oven, just need to add a few herbs and some pepper and then boil some veg to go on the side! its sooooo quick and easy to do and you will be an expert in no time at all!! you can get the 1cal oil spray from asda too! if you need any help i'm sure lots of us on here can help with tips and things and this thread is gr8 for ideas! feel free to message me if i can help at all :) u will be experimenting before u know it!! :) xxx

Sorry folks no parsnips they are a root veg and these are too carby.

Chicken should be breast raw weight, pre cooked supermarket chicken often have other things added to them like dextrose, salt and flavourings.

Although Celeriac looks like a root it grows above ground so is okay to have.

That will explain why im no longer in ketosis and only lost 1lb, WICKED!!!!! think i'll stick to chicken salad!!!! Can we have balsamic vinger and chilli flakes to give it a kick? x

Balsamic vinegar is allowed, however, be careful with this as it contains a lot of sugar as it is made from grapes.

Chilli is a fruit same as red and green peppers so be careful with the flakes. They probably will have been fried before drying and may have salt added.

Avoid garlic and onions these are too carby.

And the Quorn sausages mentioned in an earlier post are definitely NOT allowed. The information in the Quorn post is totally inaccurate and should not be followed.

Thank you for that.....I think cottage cheese and cucumber are the way to go! lol. Thanks again. x

Heeelppp :( I'm not excited about starting 810+, I'm just WORRIED because it all sounds so complicated to cook!
I can cook a few bits and bobs but I'm only 18 so hardly a culinary genius, I don't know where to buy things like light oil spray either... I'm going to end up eating the same stuff every day I can tell! :(

Luci, I don't think you're supposed to do anything particularly complicated. Most of the foods on 810 are tasty enough on their own, or certainly can be with the addition of very simple herbs and spices. It's probably a good idea to pick a different protein from the list each day to get in a bit of variety, but you certainly don't need to be a culinary genius. Grilled chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower - to be honest, my favourite thing on 810

Tin of tuna in spring water on a bed of lettuce and cucumber - yummy.

Tub of very low fat cottage cheese with salad as above - great stuff.

I quite like cottage cheese with cauliflower too. Looks a bit pale, LOL, all that white stuff - but I think it tastes fab.

In fact, after weeks of being on SS - everything tastes fab!

I think all I'm trying to say is, don't be afraid (or ashamed even :)) of keeping things simple. :D

Hi, I'm starting 810 today and looking through this great post for inspirations, and I've to say I sure found loads!!!! the tuna in brine, how much of it are we allowed? and can we have mackarel in brine as well?

Oh well, forget the mackarels then :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I don't recall tuna in water, are these in normal supermarkets?
+, as I don't really drink milk, how much yogurt can I have instead, and which one is the best?

this quorn is it jsut put in the oven were is best place to have it from i have never had quorn before. Can u get from tesco and jsut put in oven? what is best sort to buy? and only 1 piece?

I am so looking forward to 810. only another 3 stone to go until i am here.

Ive been doing 810 for a week now and have lost half a stone. Only problem Im having is im SICK of chicken!!!:jelous:

Every night I have a chicken breast with paprika, chilli, and cajun spices with either lettuce and cucumber or cauliflower and brocolli.

Problem is dont like cottage cheese or fish, turkey tastes like chicken but drier, and quorn is ment to taste like chicken isnt it??

Are there any alternatives?

Thanks Mandy x

Back