810 meal ideas

Wow some great meal ideas

OK I need to add this recipe because it is my fave.

CHILLI CON AND RICE --- CD STYLE !!!!!

Quorn mince fried with 1cal spray, add in mushrooms, pick your fave soup (I use chicken&Mushroom) stir around add your spices/herbs.

NOW FOR THE RICE... he he... Grate some Cauli and microwave or boil and serve. IT IS DIVINE!!!!

last night i had roasted tikka chicken breast, corriander,cucumber and lettuce salad with splash of lime :) DELISHHHHH -night before i had rosemary chicken with garlic mushrooms and lettuce & cucumber :)

I was surprised to learn that chickpeas are allowed on the CWP as I find them really comforting and carby. My favourite way to cook them is as burgers! It means I can have them on my own and my other half can have them in a bun. All you do is boil the chickpeas and pop them in a blender with a splash of lemon juice, chopped corriander, 1 chopped chilli and lots of chilli powder and cumin. Then you slightly blend it and put in in patty shapes and grill it. It's DELICIOUS!
I'm sure some of you more strict CWPers wouldn't want to use corriander or chilli fresh but you can get it dry too! :)

I had a chickpea and kale soup today which was quite nice. I just sprayed some Fry-Light in a pan, added 2 chopped cloves garlic, 1/2 tsp ground cumin and coriander and 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika. I then added my drained chickpea allowance and warmed through and coated with spices. I then washed and added the allowance of kale and added with about 300ml boiling water, stirred, added some cayenne pepper and let it cook with the lid on for a few mins. If it is too watery, just drain some of this and blend with a hand blender (I made the mistake of pouring it into my KitchenAid blender and the the lid blew off because of the heat!). I then put half of my low fat yoghurt allowance in a bowl and stirred through some chopped coriander, returned the soup mixture into the bowl and stirred through the yoghurt.

It was so filling that I couldn't finish it and had to have the rest an hour and a half later which I guess is good for keeping the metabolism going!!

I'm gonna start adding some recipes here that I've found on the net for the 810 plan. So I can find them again, and other peeps can use them too :)

Indian Spiced Dhal Soup - ready to serve in 45 minutes

Author: karen
Recipe type: soup
Cuisine: Indian
Serves: 4

Ingredients

• 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 2 celery sticks, diced
  • 1 leek, chopped
  • 200g carrots, sliced
  • 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1 litre made up from cambridge golden vegetable flavouring or vegetable stock
  • 2 tsp black mustard seeds
  • 1 tsp hot chilli powder
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1 tsp turmeric
  • 200g split red lentils (dry weight)
  • pinch of black pepper
  • small bunch of coriander, chopped

Instructions

1. Put onion,celery,leek,carrots,ginger & garlic in large saucepan with 150ml of stock
  2. Bring to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for about 15 minutes
  3. Vegetables should now be tender & liquid should have reduced
  4. Stir in the mustard seeds & cook for 2 minutes, until they begin to pop
  5. Stir in the chilli, cumin, turmeric & lentils & cook for 1 minute
  6. Pour in remaining stock and bring to the boil
  7. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes until lentils are soft
  8. Season with black pepper & stir in the coriander
  9. Serve immediately

Just made an awesome chickeny dish which I thoughly enjoyed!
chop up leek courgette and a green Pepper, mix togather in a bowl, then in a roast bag pop in your chicken breast (the 245g) then add 80g of your veg mix, a generous amount of mixed herbs and a dash of spicy seasonall! Pop in the oven for 30 - 40 mins (untill your chicken is cooked) and enjoy!
I took inspirations from the maggi bags that my sister and I used to use sometimes :)

I just invented a fabulous new recipe on 810 - I have cut out salt as well and food has been tasting, well, bland! I am craving flavour and zing in the one meal I am allowed. Get ready for this and give it a try!!!

SYLVIA'S FRAGRANT THAI FISH CURRY

Ingredients:

split protein allowance - 1 can tuna / 1 large egg
vegetable allowance - 40g of finely sliced celery; thumb sized piece of fresh root ginger, finely sliced; 1 whole finely sliced chilli (red or green or combination); make up the rest of the weight allowance with finely sliced spring onion = 80g
other spices - 1 heaped teaspoon medium curry powder
dash of almond milk or skimmed milk

Method:

1. Chop vegetables in ratios listed above
2. Drain tuna can and set aside
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of medium curry and a dash of either almond milk or skimmed milk in to egg and whisk as if doing scrambled egg mixture (curry does not have to be fully mixed with egg as it will even out on cooking) - set aside
4. Spray fry light in fying pan and heat to cooking temperature
5. Add all vegetables and flash fry until browning
6. Add can of tuna to vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes until it is piping hot
7. Throw in curried egg mixture and stir vigorously as it cooks - it will cook extremely fast when spread thinly about pan (best results are when egg is cooked for less than a minute - it has a nice fluffy texture and the tuna becomes succulent)
8. Throw in to a bowl and eat immediately

Get ready for a curry that is reminiscent of thai cuisine - light, zesty, fragrant and spicy - yum, yum!

Note: It may seem as if the curry, ginger and whole chilli would be too spicy however, because they are cooked so fast, the full heat of the spices are locked away, but they will still do you the same amount of good. All capsicums (chillis, peppers etc) are extremely beneficial to digestive, metabolic and immunological health. I would classify it as a medium strength curry. If you want less spice, use 1/2 teaspoon of medium curry powder and half a chilli instead - this would be a mild curry. Also, it would be highly beneficial to include cayenne pepper in your food - the health benefits are as follows:

Many societies, especially those of the Americas and China, have a history of using cayenne pepper therapeutically. A powerful compound with many uses, cayenne pepper is currently gaining buzz for cleansing and detoxifying regimes such as the Master Cleanse, which uses the spice to stimulate circulation and neutralize acidity.

Cayenne pepper has been used for a variety of ailments including heartburn, delirium, tremors, gout, paralysis, fever, dyspepsia, flatulence, sore throat, atonic dyspepsia, hemorrhoids, menorrhagia in women, nausea, tonsillitis, scarlet fever and diphtheria.

The Health Benefits of Cayenne Pepper

1. Anti-Irritant Properties
Cayenne has the ability to ease upset stomach, ulcers, sore throats, spasmodic and irritating coughs, and diarrhea.

2. Anti-Cold and Flu Agent
Cayenne pepper aids in breaking up and moving congested mucus. Once mucus begins to leave the body, relief from flu symptoms generally follows.

3. Anti-Fungal Properties
The results of one study indicated that cayenne pepper could effectively prevent the formation of the fungal pathogens phomopsis and collectotrichum [1].

4. Migraine Headache Prevention
This may be related to the pepper’s ability to stimulate a pain response in a different area of the body, thus reverting the brain’s attention to the new site. Following this initial pain reaction, the nerve fibers have a depleted substance P (the nerve’s pain chemical), and the perception of pain is lessened.

5. Anti-Allergen
Cayenne is an anti- agent and may even help relieve allergies.

cayenne_peppers.jpg

6. Digestive Aid
Cayenne is a well-known digestive aid. It stimulates the digestive tract, increasing the flow of enzyme production and gastric juices. This aids the body’s ability to metabolize food (and toxins). Cayenne pepper is also helpful for relieving intestinal gas. It stimulates intestinal peristaltic motion, aiding in both assimilation and elimination.

7. Anti-Redness Properties
Cayenne’s properties makes it a great herb for many chronic and degenerative conditions.

8. Helps Produce Saliva
Cayenne stimulates the production of saliva, an important key to excellent digestion and maintaining optimal oral health.

9. Useful for Blood Clots
Cayenne pepper also helps reduce atherosclerosis, encourages fibrinolytic activity and prevents factors that lead to the formation of blood clots, all of which can help reduce the chances of a heart attack or stroke.

10. Detox Support
Cayenne is a known circulatory stimulant. It also increases the pulse of our lymphatic and digestive rhythms. By heating the body, the natural process of detoxification is streamlined. Cayenne also causes us to sweat, another important process of detoxification. Combined with lemon juice and honey, cayenne tea is an excellent morning beverage for total body detox.

11. Joint-Pain Reliever
Extremely high in a substance called capsaicin, cayenne pepper acts to cause temporary pain on the skin, which sends chemical messengers from the skin into the joint, offering relief for joint pain.

12. Anti-Bacterial Properties
Cayenne is an excellent preservative and has been used traditionally to prevent food contamination from bacteria.

13. Possible Anti-Cancer Agent
Studies done at the Loma Linda University in California found that cayenne pepper may help prevent lung cancer in smokers [2]. This may be again related to cayenne’s high quantity of capsaicin, a substance that might help stop the formation of tobacco-induced lung tumors. Other studies have also shown a similar reaction in cayenne’s resistance to liver tumors.

14. Supports Weight Loss

Scientists at the Laval University in Quebec found that participants who took cayenne pepper for breakfast were found to have less appetite, leading to less caloric intake throughout the day. Cayenne is also a great metabolic-booster, aiding the body in burning excess amounts of fats.

15. Promotes Heart-Health
Cayenne helps to keep blood pressure levels normalized. It also balances the body of LDL cholesterol and triglycerides.

16. Remedy for Toothache
Cayenne is an excellent agent against tooth and gum diseases.

17. Topical Remedy
As a poultice, cayenne has been used to treat snake bites, rheumatism, sores, wounds and lumbago.

Back