8st to lose and still be overweight

Family party is 10 days away. I did look on eBay - same thing all small sizes. Decided I will flaunt tradition and be trendy and will wear a maxi dress instead. Well that is what I will tell everyone!

I'm actually surprised. I'd have thought plenty would have exploited that gap in the market by now. A maxi dress would be lovely though :) just a shame as it's not what you wanted. Onwards and downwards, next time will be your time. Next mini goal perhaps?

Anju you might be lucky and if you order something today you could get it before the party.

Beautiful clothes on sanaullahstore who does made to measure clothes- from Pakistan... Take a look...

Try rupali as well online... They have measurements so you'll know whether they will fit.

hoo just looked on the sites wow im in heaven with the bags and wow the clothes are beautiful

hoo just looked on the sites wow im in heaven with the bags and wow the clothes are beautiful

Off to take a look now, thanks for all the support guys - you are all wonderful. am feeling bit better. As Paula said - next mini goal and some extra motivation to keep focussed. My teenage daughter helped alot - she reminded that I was 8" smaller in the bust than at Christmas, so I am heck of a lot closer than before!

You're half way to your goal since only Christmas, next year you'll be rocking it x

Thanks Paula. Thanks Chezz. Have decided to wear a maxi dress. Tried it on yesterday. It used to be tight and fitted as it is made of stretchy material, but now it doesn't even touch my body all the way around! Found some gorgeous jewellery in Tesco and am gonna do sweep my hair to the side with a flower - very exotic Spanish style look. So plan b is better than plan a! Have a good day to all xxx

I stayed the same, :( so close to my 6st :( oh well it wasn't a gain which is a good thing Onward & Downward

You have done amazingly. Recently I only needed 1lb to my 3.5 stone, one week I lost 1/2, next week I STS, then the next week 3.5lbs yet did nothing different one week to the next! So frustrating! As you said, at least its not a gain. Did you do anything different last week?

hi matt
oh you must be a bit frustrated but don't be you have not gained you have stayed the same and that in its self with all the stuff you got going on at the moment is amazing
good luck for next week hun xxx

hi anju you are going to look lovely xx

Fingers crossed for next week for you x

I think with all the other stuff going on it's not too terrible I'm not too bothered about it, my group seemed more frustrated than me :) I'll get there

I think with all the other stuff going on it's not too terrible I'm not too bothered about it, my group seemed more frustrated than me :) I'll get there

aww bless them they sound a great group x x

Found this on facebook and had to share with you all

Every single week
When weigh day comes around
I go through every trick I know
To lose an extra pound

First I fetch the kitchen scales
To weigh my pants and bra
I cannot chuck my old grey kecks
They’re my lightest pair by far

I pretend to survey my wardrobe
But really every dieter knows
That even if its freezing
You must wear summer clothes

I cant have a morning cuppa
A sip of water must do
If I had my usual mug of tea
I’d gain a pound or two

As for breakfast - not a chance!
That could cause a “stay the same”
I’m sure that if that happened
It’s the porridge that’s to blame

I visit the toilet for the umpteenth time
In the hope that my scan bran buns
Although they tasted disgusting
May have given me a touch of the runs
Now it may be too much information
But surely its every dieters woe
No matter how many times one sits on the loo
Ones body refuses to go!

After I arrive at group
I have one final try
Not a drop of anything can I produce
I honestly could cry

I join the others despondently
I’m worried about how I’ve done
I remove my socks and leggings
And my cardy that must weigh a ton

I take off my bracelet and necklace
My belt and watch and broach
Finally I wipe off my lipstick
And then I’m on final approach

The moment has come as it does every week
When I find if I’ve passed or I’ve failed
On I get with a big deep breath
But then I worry that I should have exhaled!

The weigh lady looks at the pda
And then she looks at me
A great big smile lights up her face
As she tells me I’ve lost three!

Of course I’m delighted with my week
But I do feel a tiny bit blue
I’m convinced that it would have been half a stone
If I could only have gone to the loo!!!

Last edited:
anju i love that poem

That's really good I might borrow sections of it ;) great find Anju

Back