A Bad Girls new diary..

caffinated

Hello all, newbie and former lurker here

Restarting the diet after a pause, have really struggled to get into it again especially after I did so well after the first time.

The goal for week 1 is to try and stay off the scales every morning and upset myself and not allow everyday life to cause me to emotionally eat!

Its not going well so far!! If I can finish the day having drunk my requisite water, not nibbled on anything or killed anyone it will be a success!

Carry on you can do it! I also struggle so much with this diet. Just drink lots of water and keep yourself busy :)

I think we all struggle at times with the diet, like Felix says iys keeping busy and drinking water that is the key. I struugle with watr during the week when I'm at work, but ok at they weekend when I can drink when I like.

Thanks guys, I tend to struggle with the water and diet on the weekends. I will slog for most of the week and when friday night comes I crack. Evenings are really bad too! Weigh day is Friday - i'm more worried about binging on crap after the weigh in - and then getting stuck in the cycle of starting again come monday morning.

Ive been good so far, all 3 shakes and about 5 ltrs of water plus several cups of coffee and tea. Still feel hungry though!!

I'm hoping its theraputic to log everything in a diary and vent rather than emotionally eating so I think there will be a lot of updates to follow!

Yesterday was awful when I got home - was my kid brothers birthday dinner and he had the full works going on, i secretly had to have a nibble and maybe ate more than i should - i almost panicked and was going to go into overdrive at the gym but that hasnt helped either recently. I decided to hold off the gym until my weigh in and until i hit ketosis.

I was also very bad this morning and got on the scale - i have actually lost weight but my scales can be a bit funny!

Ive had 2 of my shakes already today and am still starving - is it ok to have one extra if need be - has anyone done this before?

All i can think about is fooooooood.... :(

So yesterday i got home and literally passed out - i dont think ive slept this long for years! Im quite chuffed i managed a day clean, hopefully today will be the same but i feel totally shattered already! I know if i can get into ketosis and remain there for a few weeks then the struggle will hopefully be over!

My sister has been doing the lighterlife recently and shes done so well - she has not touched a bite until she was forced to at a wedding, and even then it was salad and chicken - shes too scared of eating at present - i wish i was the same!

Roll on another day

Feeling really crappy right now, had a fight with my father about the diet, because its been so on and off with my weight recently he wants me to quit the diet and eat peoperly and excercise. I know its my fault ive dithered but my parents dont help at all, constantly sniping at me, practically overjoyed when i stopped the diet last time because they didnt want me to lose any more weight only to have a go at how overweight i was. Am really upset/pissed off. Wish they would show some support instead of pushing me to fail all the time. All i want to do right now is binge on some fatty foods - i knows its the emotional thing and i need to ignore it but some support from my family would be nice!

end of rant

Well i made it through last night and have lost another 2 lb! my weigh in this morning was a success - i just need to keep it together this weekend and not eat anything! Next friday is my much deserved day off where i will go out with a good mate and watch a marathon of films so i hope i am well into ketosis by then and not interested in food as i will deffo crack and eat something if im not - i was in ketosis last night and long may it continue!!

So today is going well so far, still not caved in and its 4.5 days in without eating, was worried about today as i normally always eat on the weekends, last night i was craving eggs and argued with myself internally about going to the kitchen and scoffing some my mum had made which smelt divine - i am still worried as i am off to the office in a bit to catch up on work, need to make sure i dont buy anything to nibble on - might have to leave my wallet at home for enforcement of a clean weekend - no money = no buying anything

:sigh:

Hi caffinated! :wavey:

Thought I'd drop by and say hello - and a big well done for keeping going! :happy096:

I'm hoping its theraputic to log everything in a diary and vent rather than emotionally eating so I think there will be a lot of updates to follow!

This made me smile - that's exactly what I do. :D I figure if it's out of my head and down on the page, it's got to be better than having all those thoughts sloshing around in my mind. I think the trick is to be really honest about how you're feeling. I've had quite a few "A-ha!" moments when writing stuff down...

Ive had 2 of my shakes already today and am still starving - is it ok to have one extra if need be - has anyone done this before?

Too late now, I know - but yes - if needs be, have another shake. Much better than heading for the fridge! It'll take your mind off eating other food. The other good tip that I often forget in the heat of the moment is to go and brush your teeth. Sometimes just tasting something different does the trick.

Feeling really crappy right now, had a fight with my father about the diet, because its been so on and off with my weight recently he wants me to quit the diet and eat peoperly and excercise. I know its my fault ive dithered but my parents dont help at all, constantly sniping at me, practically overjoyed when i stopped the diet last time because they didnt want me to lose any more weight only to have a go at how overweight i was. Am really upset/pissed off. Wish they would show some support instead of pushing me to fail all the time. All i want to do right now is binge on some fatty foods - i knows its the emotional thing and i need to ignore it but some support from my family would be nice!

end of rant

Ah, parents. :rolleyes: It's been a long time since I lived with mine, but even now, my Dad has the power to upset me over my weight. I probably shouldn't let him have that power - especially as some of the things he's said over the years have actually caused me to fall off diets, etc. He means well, but it doesn't come out that way, it just sounds like criticism. Stick to your guns, hun. It's your body, your diet, your life. Tell him the only way you're going to learn is to give something a go and that even if it doesn't seem like the right thing to him, it might well be the right thing for you. It's interesting that your sister also has issues with her weight...

So today is going well so far, still not caved in and its 4.5 days in without eating, was worried about today as i normally always eat on the weekends, last night i was craving eggs and argued with myself internally about going to the kitchen and scoffing some my mum had made which smelt divine - i am still worried as i am off to the office in a bit to catch up on work, need to make sure i dont buy anything to nibble on - might have to leave my wallet at home for enforcement of a clean weekend - no money = no buying anything

:sigh:

You can do it, hun! Eggs will still be there when you've done with the diet (and will be a good thing to eat when you get there!). Stay strong - and yeah, leave your wallet at home! :D

Don't work too hard!!

Hi Lilly, thanks for the support!

Weekend was naughty - i nibbled on some grilled chicken and fish, probably a bit more than is allowed and am now out of ketosis! :mad:

I have still lost weight but am really rubbish at sticking to it - on the plus side, i ate far far less than i would have on previous weekends and didnt put any weight on. Normally i would spend an entire week sweating at the gym, getting to a certain weight only to scoff on a weekend and be even more than i was when i started on monday so its a bit of a bonus!

Hopefully ketosis will be a matter of a day rather than a week and i can sustain for longer before being tempted to nibble again!

I suppose i should be celebrating entering into rank breath territory but all the water i am drinking tastes stale and awful - had some clients in so had to have a sneaky chew of gum for 2 seconds to try and taste a bit minty - didnt last 5 minutes! feel so embarrased!!

Add to that an AWFUL day at work and its a wonder ive not stuck my face into a bowl of chips yet!!

Managed another day of sole source and well into tiresome tuesday, been driving a lot so had limited time to glug the water and am feeling parched, had been hungry before but i think that was just for water rather than anything else! Lost a bit more weight but feel tired although i know i am in ketosis. Looking forward to friday!! day off, hopefully i dont indulge (i.e overindulge) in any carbs - its a day out with my best mate which normally starts off with a starbucks and pancakes (after a session at the gym) followed by lots of walking round - i am trying to ensure i find an omelette place to dine out at or somewhere i can utilise the AAM bit of the diet for 1 day! Does anyone know of an omelette joint in the trafford centre perchance??

Had two shakes so far and feeling the need for a third quite badly!! Really odd day at work, got some badish news (being given more responsibility) and its stressing me out. Need to collect my sister at half 7 from a meeting and im contemplating a kfc in the interim lol - might see if i can have a wander to the gym quickly instead!!

Managed another day free of food and junk but still obsessive with the scales every morning - i know i should wait until once a week because as the weight loss slows down it'll just depress me - potentially causing me to comfort eat!!!

Anyway, another busy day at work, not drank nearly enough water so need to get glugging...

Feel a bit sick now, have tried glugging the water and feel like it could come back up any time now. Had a starbucks americano and my mate ordered it with sugarfree hazelnut (as i normally would have it) and am wondering if this could be causing the sickly feeling and maybe kick me out of ketosis briefly....

Still thinking about food - but with this amount of water in my stomach i cant move far anyway lol
roll on the weekend!

Terrible start to the week. ate some pizza on the weekend, having the worst period i can remember and suffering from insubordination at work. Hoping i dont crack later and start scoffing chocolate.

Havent weighed myself but i am hopeful the one slice of pizza didnt do too much damage over the weekend :(

My weight is back to normal and ive managed another monday ok - tuesday is going well save for the stomach cramps and mountains of work......last night i managed to jog about 5 miles on the treadmill burning off 1000 cals (probably assisting with not gaining any weight from the weekend binge!!)

if only i had the energy to do that every day!!

Just got back into the office after being out working and walked straight into our kitchen for a drink (absolutely starving) to find the table laden with cake, cheesecake, scones, jam, delicious other stuff!!!

TEMPTATION!!!!!!

Too scared to go back in to make myself a coffee now....

Havent updated for a few days, been a bit naughty - fell of the wagon this weekend and ate some rice and bread!

Am feeling mega guilty and been too scared to go near the scales. Work is a bit stressful and has been getting to me and i doing my best to resist the urge of binging when i feel stressed out! I have a big week coming up next week and i really need to pull myself together!!

Back