A "BIG" Hello

spence

Well people say the first step in any task is the hardest, so i thought i would get it done now. I have been registered here for a while but only now really feel im in the right place to start doing what needs to be done

I'm a 36 year old 24 Stone, type 2 diabetic bloke. Historically my diabetes was under control but in recent months in has totally slipped. I haven't really cared about my weight/size as i didn't see it as important but now i am taking a look at the whole picture and attempting to sort it all out.

I have joined a weight management class run by Leeds council, and been to the first session last monday. It looks like being a good group, with a mix of men and women and a spread of ages.

I have only ever successfully lost weight once before when i worked in a very physical job during the six weeks after exams and before uni (which was some years ago), i also did a sub 1000 calorie diet,and got great result i could actually shop in normal stores for clothes, but since then all that weight and more has come back.

I think my biggest problem is potion size and binging. I tend to eat alone a lot and i often find myself using a whole jar of bolognese sauce (or what ever) which should serve 4 for a evening meal. The binging tends to happen when im very happy or a bit down, and that little voice in your head says stuff it you deserve that whole tub of ice cream/huge family size bar of chocolate.

So my first goal is to loose 10% of my weight which is about 21.5 Stone, its not a lot and i know its still an unhealthy weight but i need a realistic goal. and i hope to do it first by controlling my portions better, maybe making more things from scratch rather than opening jar every time. And i want to increase my physical activity because i know that will help with my weight loss, my diabetes, and my general fitness, im not a big lover of gyms, but i don't mid walking and used to enjoy cycling though hills seem to have gotten steeper.

So that's me and what i am trying to do and why im trying to do it. Im sure i will get a lot out of this community, and i hope to put a little bit back

thanks#spence

Back