A Big tin of Roses chocolates

gobolino

Gold Member
..... sat next to me in work and I'm saying "NO!" for the second day running :)

For me its the best way. Its better to have none, than eat 6 and still feel like I could eat plenty more. None for me, thank you very much. I'll hopefully update tomorrow that I'm still saying NO! Its not all gloomy, I share a minature green and blacks as an advent chocolate (2 syns for a half) with my hubby every day :)

Anyone else want to celebrate saying NO to roses/quality street/heros etc ???

Congrats on your will power, it's a great feeling when your in control.

.....I am celebrating this week as I have managed to go through my * week without eating any choc......I am like you, once I start I can't stop....so I didn't start. It's amazing Didn't even think was possible lol.

I'm really Looking forward to weigh in tonight now because I've been so good and determined this week....because I'm half a pound away from my half a stone sticker . So hopefully.

Keep up the good work :)

xx

Like you I can't stop at 1 or 2 so I gave them up. I have had 2 chocs in over six months and I don't miss or crave for them.
They can sit next to me and I am not even tempted.
The craving does go away..
I have a saying now... "I don't like chocolate as it shrinks my clothes!" ;)

currently at home i have 4 tins of quality street, and 6 boxes of shortbread xmas shapes! oh and 8 boxes of mince pies!!! they were bought at the weekend and they are all calling me to eat them!

i tell them to shut up! x

I have told myself I am not touching the roses until Christmas day, they're my faves, then I shall go mad on the day and eat so many I will feel sick. ( I will probably have my consultants voice going round in my head telling me they are 2.5 syns each, I will try and ignore it!) Then I'm going back on plan boxing day, hopefully I can repair the damage by new year. :p

Yes I'll join you on that!!! I'm a nurse and we've got a constant flow of tins of QS and Roses on our desk from patients/relatives, not to mention all the goodies staff bring in etc! I'm enjoying saying NO to them all!! It's shocking how many syns is in just one!!!

At work we've gotten 3 boxes of celebrations!!!!!!!! 3 BOXES!!! I love them soooo much :drool:and I just keep saying in my head "one won't hurt". I've not had any. They're going pretty quickly so... hopefully I'll survive but they won't!!! :sign0151: lol.

Scouzer. X

I have been stocking up on all sorts of Christmas treats for over a month now to take advantage of the offers, we have 3 x tubs of pringles, nuts, xmas pud, big tins of roses and quality street, shortbread, 3 packets of jaffa cakes, stollen cake, gingerbread biscuit things and ambrosia custard all at my eye level when I open the cupboard and check me out not even been tempted.

I have had remarks by my friends like "how the hell can you not touch that" and it does make me quite chuffed to think ive not even had the urge, I feel so much more in control than ever before. Christmas is going to be the odd naughty thing and a lovely lunch - enough to feel all special, but im certainly not going to be silly and undo ALL my hard work.

Luckily as I have no kids (apart from my boyfriend of course) the flat is just about free from treats and I won't be getting any in. When I go to my mum's however... BOOM! :D
On a different note I went xmas shopping at the weekend and was offered the following freebies to try:

Posh chocolate
A mince pie
Champagne
A cookie
Some Bailey's flavoured butter icing :drool:

I refused it all! I am a saint ;)

theres a box of mince pies on the side in my kitchen and after the day i have had i think i could eat all 6 off them to say im not tempted is an understatement if i make the night without one it will be a miracle

Well done everyone ! Its great to know I'm not alone in resisting and also its great to know lots of others like me cannot have just 1 or 2 ! Come on, keep it up and we'll make it another day without delving in the tin :D

Good luck for the next few weigh ins and I know you'll all be getting the fab weight losses you deserve (me too please if the weigh in fairy is listening!) xxx

***Hangs head in shame*** - just couldn't resist a mince pie at a festive office drop-in at work today - 12 syns!!!! xxx

I love Quality Street especially the toffees and caramels, and i am having them...occasionally. They are 2 syns each. I can stop at one or two. If i was to deprive myself completely then i would just throw the towel in cos i cannot live the rest of my life feeling deprived.

Our consultant told us to imagine that all quality street/roses etc were just pieces of dog muck wrapped in shiny paper. Since she said that, I haven't been able to get that image out of my head, and I haven't been tempted yet. Don't know how long it will last though....

***Hangs head in shame*** - just couldn't resist a mince pie at a festive office drop-in at work today - 12 syns!!!! xxx

i managed to resist the box especially when i worked out there was 72 syns in the whole box i made my husband eat some last night and told him if he doesnt finish them today they will be in the bin away from temptation and he better not buy anymore grrr

Back