a billion questions lol...please help!

chuckie21

im going to my cdc in a wee while can you recommend the best shakes/soups?

is there a cheaper alternative to mix a mousse?

can i have the coke zero in the 1st 2 weeks?

do i have to buy the ketostix?

what can i expect from my meeting 2night?

so many questions sorry!! xx

Hello :)

There is a thread at the top of the page that tells you what to expect from a counsellor but basically you should be weighed and measured and talked through the diet. You might have your picture taken, not all do but I like to.

You don't have to buy ketostix, you only have to buy your packs.

It's very difficult to say which soups and shakes are best as everyone's tastes are different - there's a list on the top this forum that'll tell you the flavours though. I suggest a good selection, might help if you write down what you want, then you can try everything. You can always swap unwanted flavours with your CDC if you don't like them :)

Good luck!

Hi Chuckie,
Am only on my 3rd week so no pro,
But well done on taking the decision,its not an easy one to make.
My cdc went through the health forms and all the different plans, took my weight etc. He explained things quite well.
I was there for about an hour altogether.
I bought the shakes but ended up swapping some halfway through the week for soups. I also bought the fibre 89 powder and the orange water flavour ( which I don`t like).Oh and the mix a mousse, which I have tried this week.

I know it seems a long list but I have only had meal (soups/bars,shakes) to buy in the last couple of weeks.

Hope you get on well and GOOD LUCK x x x x x

See what she has and what you like the sound of because there is such a great variety of flavours :) . I could tell you that something is disgusting when you might actually find it yummy. From about week 4 all i have had is Choc Mint milkshakes and Choc CD bars. These are the only one i can stomach and i love them. I could not stand the Soups at all. Experiemnt with the flavours and ask your CDC beforehand if it would be possible to change during the week if you dont like some flavours.

I'm not sure on this. I always wanted to try the mix a mousse because alot said it made a yummy jelly, but my lack of money prevented this. Soory for not being much help there.

I am not too sure about this either. I know alot of people on here have had coke zero but i am not sure from when. I personally never had it. Sorry again :eek:, lol.

My CDC used to give me 2 for free but only for the first 2 weeks so i could make sure i was in Ketosis. What i did with mine is i cut each one in half so i had more (i got this tip off here :)). I have read in some posts that ketostix are not always correct but i think a few for your first 2 weeks would be good. See if your CDC will give them to you for free or if you could buy 1 or 2 off her. But its upto you if you feel you want to buy lots, just for reassurance that you're in Ketosis.

Your CDC will probably take down your details and discuss what you your goal weight to be (a healthy BMI). Then she might go through the whole CD programme with you by referring to the Sole Source book and the maintainance book (you will be able to take these home :)). You may discuss any questions you have and then decide together what step you want to start on and get you weighed. My CDC never took my measurements or photos, but she did give me a little booklet to record my own measurements. Then you can choose your sachets and pay. Thats mostly what happened at my first meeting, loL. Make sure you get all your questions answered if you have any and see how you feel with the service provided by your CDC.

I hope i have helped in some way. I just used my own experiences and what i have read on this website. You will do fab tonight, just feel proud for taking the step to start CD.

Best of luck. We're all here for you :) xx

Why do i feel like i have posted a little to late and you have probably already been to see you CDC, lol. Nevermind. I hope things went well for you :) xx

im probably too late to say now but the best thing is to get as many different flavours u would be willing to try, everyone has different tastes so no-one could tell u which ones are best, i love choc mint hot, i have one every night, also if u get a lot of one flavour u may go off them, most cdc's will swap any tho

ope it all went well good luck on your start tomorrow

im probably too late to say now but the best thing is to get as many different flavours u would be willing to try, everyone has different tastes so no-one could tell u which ones are best, i love choc mint hot, i have one every night, also if u get a lot of one flavour u may go off them, most cdc's will swap any tho

ope it all went well good luck on your start tomorrow

I tried this but i got a funny taste in my mouth after. I think it was the mintiness, lol. I tried it hot because Choc mint is the only milkshake i have and i thought it would be nice to snuggle up with, but it tasted abit funny. I tried all the milkshakes before and i would love them at first and then totally hate them a week after. Choc mint was the only one that tasted good to me week after week. I guess everybody has different tastes.

I hope you are well lancslass :)

Hello :)

There is a thread at the top of the page that tells you what to expect from a counsellor but basically you should be weighed and measured and talked through the diet. You might have your picture taken, not all do but I like to.

You don't have to buy ketostix, you only have to buy your packs.

It's very difficult to say which soups and shakes are best as everyone's tastes are different - there's a list on the top this forum that'll tell you the flavours though. I suggest a good selection, might help if you write down what you want, then you can try everything. You can always swap unwanted flavours with your CDC if you don't like them :)

Good luck!

Just thought after reading MB's post, it hadn't occured to me that you'd want your own ketostix! If you do then you will have to buy them I would've thought as we do have to buy them.

im back from seeing my cdc, i got one of every flavour and some mix a mousse that i can use when im in ketosis

my cdc is a lovely lovely lady and i cant wait till this time next week to see my loss!

Tell all pleasei am soooo nervous!!!

I have a meeting with a cdc on wednesday and am very very nervous...how much did it cost you on your first meeting??

Both myself and my husband are startig at the same time and the money thing is a bit worrying :-(

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!!

I have a meeting with a cdc on wednesday and am very very nervous...how much did it cost you on your first meeting??

Both myself and my husband are startig at the same time and the money thing is a bit worrying :-(

both me and hubby started at same time too and as im 5'10 it meant we both had to have 4 shakes a day and at first only got supplies every 2 weeks(our choice) so was a bit expensive but its all been worth every penny :D

im back from seeing my cdc, i got one of every flavour and some mix a mousse that i can use when im in ketosis

my cdc is a lovely lovely lady and i cant wait till this time next week to see my loss!

Yay that's great news - I'm really pleased you're happy with your CDC :) Let us know how you get on with your first day ss'ing :)

The RRP are:

Shakes £1.65
Tetras £1.85
Bars £1.95

Your husband will need 4 packs a day and you will need 3 if you're under 5ft 8 or 4 if you're over. I have to have 4 but I'm very happy about that :D

Not all cdc's charge the RRP though. It is up to the individual what they charge :)

Edit: Just noticed you're in Walsall, the same as me :D Helloooo from Great Barr :D

Last edited:
My CDC evens out the costs over the items., so bars, shakes and tetras all cost the same- i think this is a great idea, as it means you are not penalised if you only like teras for example. the best thing to do re the money is focus on what you are not spending
e.g. no porridge, milk honey in morning, no mid-morning coffee and snack from Starbuck's (£4.00) no lunchtime sandwich, fruit, crisps (£3.50), no fish, veg glass of wine in the evening- lets say about £10 for food altogether in a day...makes Cambridge a bargain, although I do understand it seems like a big outlay if you are on a budget.

i was charged £32.35 next week it goes up to £34 but even so its cheaper than buy lunch and dinner everyday and all the junk i used to eat in between!

saving a fortune on red bull as well

Thank you!!!

Thank you so much for the info now i know what to expect and your right with all the naughtys gone i may even save some lol lol ust have to feed the 3 kids still...damn!!! hahahahah

My husband can't believe the support on here and thinks it is great thank you all.

Back