a bit confused! (it doesn't take much!)

shezam

Silver Member
Hi all,

First day on plan today and i'm trying to get my head round it all!

Sugar, i have 1.5tsps of sugar in my tea, does that count as a syn? If so think i'll switch to sweetners.

Also, now this sounds really really stupid..... If its syn free in the booklet, does it count as a free food?!

AND...

Mullerlight yoghurts, are there any particular kind that aren't free?

Thanks everyone!

Each teaspoon of sugar is 1 syn so yes switch to sweetner which is free :)
I think most mullerlights are free now with exception to to cheesecake ones which are 1 syn each .
Good luck with your journey :)

And yes if there's no syn value it's free :)

1oz of sugar is 5.5 syns, so I would definitely switch to sweetener.

I like coffee quite sweet, so I pick up some nice Canderel ones, for half the price they sell them in Asda or Tesco, from Home Bargains.

Thank you Lisa!

I just found a syns forum so nw know about the Muller Lights, defo getting myself some sweetners tonight.

Can I just say well done on your weight loss, what an inspiration!
Sxxx

Sugar is synned you'll find it at the back of your food optimising book (the syns).
I know the layered muller lights and the cheese cake ones are synned but most of the others are free. Did you join a class or online? If so you'll have access to syns online which will tell you the syns of everything :)
And all food that has no syns is classed as free food just remember to eat your third super free if your doing the extra easy plan.
Good Luck x

Thank you Nodge,

I only usually have 1 cuppy in the morning and maybe one coffee in the afternoon but will defo be still be picking up some Canderel.

Sxx

Sugar is synned you'll find it at the back of your food optimising book (the syns).
I know the layered muller lights and the cheese cake ones are synned but most of the others are free. Did you join a class or online? If so you'll have access to syns online which will tell you the syns of everything :)
And all food that has no syns is classed as free food just remember to eat your third super free if your doing the extra easy plan.
Good Luck x

shezam said:
Thank you Lisa!

I just found a syns forum so nw know about the Muller Lights, defo getting myself some sweetners tonight.

Can I just say well done on your weight loss, what an inspiration!
Sxxx

Thankyou hunni proof it does work ;)
Good luck with it all xxx

Morrisons own brand sweetener (with the yellow top) is just as nice as Canderel and half the price for the same amount (its actually £1 at the moment).

When I first switched to the plan last year I didn't think I would get use to sweetener in coffee but after a week it stops tasting 'wrong' and didn't bother me. Now I find that sugar is too sweet for me in hot drinks.

Morrisons own brand sweetener (with the yellow top) is just as nice as Canderel and half the price for the same amount (its actually £1 at the moment).

When I first switched to the plan last year I didn't think I would get use to sweetener in coffee but after a week it stops tasting 'wrong' and didn't bother me. Now I find that sugar is too sweet for me in hot drinks.

Thank you!

I'm in the process of writing a shopping list for the next few days and Morrisons is my closest so thats good to know!
Sxxx

Back