A bit of a midweek pick me up!

custardlipstick

Addicted to Cheese
It does not matter where you are on your journey, whether you still have a lot to loose or are at target. You are all special!!

As a country, we are quicker to see the negative than the positive, for example "I am not at my target weight therefore I feel unhappy about this". HOWEVER, on monday a discussion made me realise that we are all worth to feel a million dollars!

So, Miniminers, this is for you. :grouphugg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7x85fv6BaY&feature=fvwrel

(I have not posted the video as it contains some shocking images. If you wish to watch the link is on the right to it.)

It always amazes me how you can listen to a song but never hear it properly. Thanks for posting x

That really made me see the words. I can sing along with them but never really 'get' them!

But......shocking images???

Did you watch the vid? I just saw it and though when she was in the bath as a bit of a OMG moment and wanted people to have the choice but wasnt quite sure how to word it.... absolutely love the song and it is meaning so much to me everytime it plays on the radio - bit like adeles someone like you it makes me cry!!

I must have watched the wrong link or something? On my iPhone so that could be why.

Saw the sons words and that was it hence the confusion! Will look later when on laptop! X

There are two versions of the video - one they call 'clean' and the unedited version - the link takes you to the one with the lyrics alone but on the right hand side bar of that one is the link to the full version.

Its funny I just read this. I heard this song a few days ago and thought of my daughter (she's 3). And I was thinking "I hope she never has to feel horrible about herself". Isn't it funny how we want to protect our children from self-hatred (especially girls) but we don't treat ourselves with the same love we can so easily give to others? I NEVER want my daughter to feel "less than" but I feel like its me against the world. I make a point to tell her that she's beautiful and smart and funny. I don't want to focus only on her looks.

And the other day I was driving her to daycare and she said "Mommy do I look beautiful today?" I said "Of course you do!" And she said "but not as beautiful as you". Bless her little heart. Thanks for this post. I had almost completely forgotten about this...

Back