A bit of advice on moving up the plans - any CDC's about?

Lil K

Addicted to Minimins
I have been on SS up until last week, and started 790 as I was getting thoroughly fed up with SS and needed to eat (my BMI was 26.2). I've found it a little difficult to stick at 790, and have only managed 3 out of 7 true 790 days :(. I've also had some days where I just couldn't physically get my 3 x packs, food, milk and water in.

It's like a switch has been flicked in my mind and started me thinking about all the choc/biscuits etc that are in the house. The strange thing is, that this stuff was in the house whilst SS'ing but I was never :eek: interested in it.

Up until yesterday I had lost 2lbs for the week, which I was happy with due to not sticking with things properly. Today I find that I am now 2lb heavier, so nothing lost.

I feel like I'm losing control right now - although I am not talking about massive binges or anything like that, more like a few chocs here and there that shouldn't be :whoopass:

I'm wondering if this is down to my self control (or lack thereof) or should I be further up the plans than I am already, and therefore needing more food?

I would welcome any advice from CDC's or people who have worked their way through the plans. My CDC is great, however she was unaware of the BMI25 + a stone rule, as she did her training a while ago (she is now booked on a refresher course). What should I do, or what plan should I be following by now? (BMI 25 + stone is 11st 8lb for me, and I am now 11st 1lb but was 10st 13lb until yesterday :().

BTW - I have started to incorporate 30 mins of light cardio into my day, my TOTM is due (although this has never effected loss before), I've had some days where I just couldn't physically manage 3 x packs, water, milk & food - so have missed my last pack (about 3 times) and I have eaten a few naughties (chocs) - dunno if this is due to missing packs triggering TOTM craving for chocs that I haven't experieced whilst SS'ing?

I haven't come this far to blow it all on the last stretch.

Any advice greatfully received.

I would say that the days when you haven't managed to get all the packs down your neck have almost certainly contributed to you wanting to nibble. You haven't had all your nutrients, so your body is craving them (the body is pretty good at telling us what it wants). All that's happened is that you've chosen the wrong things to eat in an attempt to get those nutrients.

Even when it seems like a lot, do make sure you get all your packs every day. It might be worth spacing them out differently if you are having trouble with the last one of the day - perhaps have your second and third ones earlier than usual? Or mix them into a coffee, or have a chocolate pack as a 'hot chocolate' last thing at night?

However, if you've started doing 30 mins of cardio every day and you're that close to BMI25, I'd suggest shifting up to the 1000 calorie plan anyway. I would have a word with your CDC, tell her your concerns and talk it through with her. Being on the 1000 calorie programme would mean you could eat more food without feeling guilty about it, which might help to stop you from nibbling :)

Keep us posted!

Thanks for your reply Kate

I'm seeing my CDC tonight, so I'll discuss whats been happening with her then.

I would say that the days when you haven't managed to get all the packs down your neck have almost certainly contributed to you wanting to nibble. You haven't had all your nutrients, so your body is craving them (the body is pretty good at telling us what it wants). All that's happened is that you've chosen the wrong things to eat in an attempt to get those nutrients.

Even when it seems like a lot, do make sure you get all your packs every day. It might be worth spacing them out differently if you are having trouble with the last one of the day - perhaps have your second and third ones earlier than usual? Or mix them into a coffee, or have a chocolate pack as a 'hot chocolate' last thing at night?

However, if you've started doing 30 mins of cardio every day and you're that close to BMI25, I'd suggest shifting up to the 1000 calorie plan anyway. I would have a word with your CDC, tell her your concerns and talk it through with her. Being on the 1000 calorie programme would mean you could eat more food without feeling guilty about it, which might help to stop you from nibbling :)

Keep us posted!

Had a good long talk with my lovely CDC tonight and have agreed to go onto the 1000 plan - as this is only two packs it should alieviate the problem of trying to squeeze a last pack in. Feeling much more positive about things now.

Thanks once again Kate for your response x

No probs Lil K :)

From Big K :D

Back