A change for Life

porkscratching

Silver Member
I've always been overweight - for years I "carried it well" but was always a size 18 - big boobs and ass but with a small waist. Now after a couple of decades, a couple of kids and countless bad choices I am just plain fat. To make things worse, my comfort and emotional eating has started to rub off on my 5 year old and she's gone from a chunky kid to a fat one.
This really breaks my heart - I'd love to take her swimming but there is just no way I can bring myself to pay €400 for a years pool membership (at least in the UK it's free) to either give up going or suffer the humiliation of the local skinny crew seeing my fat ass and even fatter legs.
So it's time to change the outlook and my whole relationship with food. I was lurking on here last night, while guzzling vodka - woke up at 8 am - hungover and bloated, had a wholemeal roll and 2 tsp of choccy philly and went back to bed. Not a great start. But then thought hell you have to start somewhere ...
So here I begin - weight unknown - but over 16 stone ...
Desperately wanted to try the cheese scones and so decided to walk the girls to their nan's (skinned & bloody knees for both girls within a mile of home - as clumsy as their mother, bless) - so pushed them both in buggy most of the way (resistance training ;)). Walked into town and got low fat cottage cheese and loads of fruit then walked home with it on my back. Did not stop once on way home, although I did flag at the end. 7km round trip - I deserved those scones :).
Made myself look at my fat reflection in the shop windows, I normally just avoid reflective surfaces - and it was all there - every wobbly pound and I have to make myself accountable for this. I did it and I can change it.

And oh how scrummy they were, made them with real fried onions instead of chives and had them with 3 small bacon medallions with the fat trimmed off and salad. Leftover scone mix is in the fridge for lunch tomorrow with some veg soup I think.

Still full of scones, so can't even think what to have for dinner but I really fancy a cup of tea.

Need to get my head around whether I am doing extra easy or green or red - although just being aware and responsible for the food I put into my mouth is a big start.
Got ahead with tomorrow and made a quorn bolognaise and a quorn chilli to freeze for Wed as well. Can I do a green day and have quorn?

Hi largerthanmost, yes you certainly can have quorn on a green day! (I cant because it makes me very ill but that just a different story). You can chose any of the three plans just so long as you stick to the same plan all day, ie decide in the morning if its to be an ee, red or green day and that decides your meal choices.Hope this helps, just bob on for any more help you need. There is always someone here to help you :)

Hi and welcome.
As Hollysnan says, just ask away if you're unsure but have a good mooch in all the Forums and have a feast on some of the fab recipes that some of the Mims have shared.
If you're anything like me you'll probably find a brand new favourite food - something that you've never tried until somone posted a meal suggestion or recipe. Mine is roasted butternut squash - OMG it is so lush and I can't believe that I never had it before.

Quorn mince, chicken pieces and fillets free on all plans I think :) for healthier all rounders for the kids the other quorn stuff is lovely, the burgers and sausages at 1 syn each are lovely. I'm sure your girls will love them and you too. I do mine in the oven. I'm a quorn convert!!

Hope you get on ok, this forum is a good place to keep you on track

I have loads of quorn on my green days.

Good luck on your journey. Take it day by day. X

Welcome largerthamost ! I can totally relate to your story and only realy just started looking a full length mirror so I could understand what I have done to myself. I am only two weeks in but can honestly say I am feeling better already and although I have a HUGE amount to lose I absolutely think it is possible.

If i can offers any "two week words of wisdom" it would be plan ahead and get lots of free or low syn snacks around you. My fruit bowl is full, mugshots in the cupboard and some aldi 70 cal cereal bars that I can use 2 of for my HEXB.

Have a great first week xx

Your story really touched me. When I went back last time to SW I hated myself and avoided mirrors, having my photyo taken etc etc and although I have lost quite a lot I still cnat bear to look at the odd pic there is of me looking bigger.

Wishing you all the luck in the world and hoping it all clicks into place xxxx

Back