A confession..... *blush*

LincsBren

Silver Member
On Friday, our school participated in the Macmillan 'World's biggest coffee morning' and my class were in charge or organising it all (being the oldest!). All of the staff, children and parents got busy baking, ready to sell loads of yummy cakes etc on Friday morning. My lovely dad baked 2 apple pies, and my lovely OH baked over 60 triple chocolate and walnut cookies. Which obviously I then had to take with me to school.

On the drive there, I couldn't resist and ate a cookie :eek: and then, to make matters worse, I thought 'Sod it, I've had one, may as well carry on' and ended up eating THREE :mad: Of course, then I felt incredibly sick, so thought lesson learnt and survived the coffee morning really well (apart from the guilt - and yes, I did donate the money that my 3 cookies would have got if they'd been sold not scoffed!)

Sadly, that's not all. One of my children had baked some vanilla biscuits at home. Just as I was leaving, he gave me 3 biscuits that he's saved especially for me - luckily they were quite tiny and very thin, but yes, you guessed it, I ate them :rolleyes: Stupid!!

Anyway, thought I'd share my stupidity with you all - I weighed in on Saturday with a decent loss (3.6lbs) and was fine all yesterday in terms of not being hungry, stuck to the diet etc, but today I have one hell of a headache which I just hope means I'm re-entering good old ketosis.

I am not beating myself up about it - I have been on this diet for 8 weeks and this was my first real slip (I had 4 planned zero-carb meals during week 3 while I was on holiday) and I am now back on track - but thought some of the newer dieters may get some hope from the fact that even us more long-termers have slips, and it's not the end of the world!

great post for some of the newbies to see.... hey we have all done it, good on ya for postin the story up... you nibbled on the worst things possible though..heavily laden carbs! lol (im laughing with you not at you by the way) you sound dead positive and back on track and hey in the great scheme of things, its a blip.... back on the wagonm girl! x

Thanks for that Bren I'm sure that you've made a few people feel a lot better about themselves and it's better to just get back on the wagon than to roll along losing all the wheels on the way.....

Bet the cookies were worth it though eh?;)

The cookies were divine ;) but hey, they tasted fabulous for a couple of minutes, versus feeling fabulous all day when I've had a good weight loss!

Well I bet they were lovely too lol.
Well done for getting back to it and not giving yourself too hard a time. I'll see ya in maintenance soon Bren. x

Proves one moment of madness does not a disaster make! Well done for not going further than you did. I also went to daughters coffee morning at her nursery, loads of lovely naughty things which i avoided due to cutting carbs for my diet starting tomorrow.

Hi LincsBren

Your post did make me laugh, its the way you counted out the exact cookies baked and the exact cookies eaten. It must have been so hard driving in the car with the smell of those little devils drifting around. Poor you.
A huge pat for getting back on track.:patback: Please stay there and don't be like me, I went off the rails and here I am back having to start from square one...ugh!

So do i lass321. Village called kelty. LincsBren, im originally from lincs. A wee place called immingham. Location, location, location! :D

I know Immingham! I don't work a million miles away from there. Small world!

Back