A Couple Of Decisions :o)

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
I've been thinking an awful lot the past few days which would probably explain my horrendous headache lol.
I've decided that I am going to come off in 7 weeks for 1 week as I had originally planned.
My reasons for this are that it's my birthday in 7 weeks and I'd originally set my goal for my birthday when I very first started the diet. I had to come off for 3 weeks due to health reasons which I wasn't totally happy about and although I had been thinking to skip my birthday and just carry on once I got back on the diet, I know deep within myself, I'd resent that I would still be on the diet when I'd set it as my goal and it would be a really naff birthday and I'd really like to participate in my birthday shenanigans.
The last thing I want to do is end up resenting the diet and then losing my willpower and drive, so I think in order to maintain my positive outlook, I need to do this seeing as it was what I'd planned.

The other thing I've decided is I'm going to get to 10 stone. I will have 1 1/2 stone left to lose when I get to 10 stone but I am going to see if I can try and do this by myself whilst learning how to cut portion sizes and so on so forth, if I can lose the last bit myself, I'll be so happy and I want to at least try. Of course if I find myself struggling, then I'll come back on LT.

But these are my decisions and I'm hoping I've made right ones lol!

Of course if I find myself struggling, then I'll come back on LT.

Well abs most people on here know my opinions about taking breaks so i wont reiterate them!

The quote above worries me though, please dont use this diet as a quick fix - its not meant for that purpose so if you are determined about losing the weight healthily, do it. If you can do LT you can most certainly do that :)

I know it's not a quick fix, I promise, it's just I wish to try to teach myself how to be sensible and stuff with food. Not abuse it. Which is why when I get to 10 stone, I want to try and end my argument with food. I only mean to come back to LT if the lessons are still not learnt and need more time to observe and plan things a lot better.
It's not that I wanna take breaks, it's just that I want to give myself the opportunity to be sensible. I wasn't as sensible as I could have been when I was ill but that was different. I was ill.
But we'll see what happens anyway. :D Thanks for caring though, I really appreciate it :):):)

i think you have a good idea in the sense that loosing the last bit of weight yourself sets you up for living with your new weight.

I say do it if your focussed enough you will be able to do it no problem

i think you have a good idea in the sense that loosing the last bit of weight yourself sets you up for living with your new weight.

I say do it if your focussed enough you will be able to do it no problem

Thanks Adam! I am really determined to get this weight off me, so I think the focus and determination will be good, I don't want to just thank LT, I want to have a bit of myself to thank, even though I know I've got myself to thank for sticking to LT, but ya know what I mean lol!

Thanks Adam! I am really determined to get this weight off me, so I think the focus and determination will be good, I don't want to just thank LT, I want to have a bit of myself to thank, even though I know I've got myself to thank for sticking to LT, but ya know what I mean lol!

Totally no what ya mean

Hi Abbie

You have obviously been doing a lot of thinking lately - no wonder you have a headache :D

Your weight loss of 43lb in 12 weeks is just amazing.

Only you know what is right for you. I kinda understand what you are saying about trying it yourself, although my thoughts on that (only my thoughts) is that I would rather spend one or two more weeks on LT that around 6-8 healthy eating and getting it off quicker. But, that is just my feelings entirely and not a criticism for how you feel.

Maybe when you are getting nearer your birthday, you may decide on something differently. I realise being on LT means making sacrifices..it is my husbands birthday next week and we always have a party; well, not this year,,my diet is too important. You may decide that way nearer the time, but if not, just ensure you dont go off the wagon, so to speak.

Sorry, a bit of a waffle here :D

At the end of the day abbie its your decision and we will support you what ever you feel is best :) xxxx

Thanks ladies, that means an awful lot. Maybe I will change my mind as you say Scotsmist and if it means staying on even longer then thats great. Maybe I'm thinking this way because I've only been back on the diet since Tuesday and need to get my happy buzz back like I had before, because I was really happy sailing through but I guess I'm slightly panicking. This LT has sent me in all directions lol. But I'm sticking to coming off for my birthday as planned. :D
Thanks Chelly hunni, that's much appreciated xxx

I know it's not a quick fix, I promise, it's just I wish to try to teach myself how to be sensible and stuff with food. Not abuse it. Which is why when I get to 10 stone, I want to try and end my argument with food. I only mean to come back to LT if the lessons are still not learnt and need more time to observe and plan things a lot better.
I think this weight loss trip is not really about waiting until you get to 10 stone or 12 stone or 8 stone because that is a far off goal, we need to end the argument with food NOW so that when we get to 10 stone ( whatever) we will be able to cope with this enormous pull food has in our lives.
LT is hard...no question, and I think it is hard because for the first time it is forcing us all to think about this situation we have got ourselves into.
Your plan sounds very good to me, eating sensibly is what we are aiming for....like the Oscar I guess...and LT cannot be forever...its not really realistic.

I wish LT was forever! :(

Oh really? Why chells? Your gorge as you are and your figure is amazing - can i have it?!!?!! lol

Certainley can!!

Nah Well ive gained since my profile pic... Think ive lost a 1lb from that gain though.. not to sure...

Feeling fat and frumpy!!

Wanting to get down to 10 and a halfstone this time aswell!

Thats if the chemist will even let me back on it lol!! xx

abbie do what you think is best, I still want to lose about 7 pounds to get me to ten stone. I have been on holiday, and still remain the same weight as ending tfr, did put on a pound but lost it. However, I have learned to be careful with carbs. I have some but mainly try to eat meat and veg or salad and meat or fish. I have cut down my alcohol intake and will have a drink when we are out, but no longer in the house. (unless we have friends around of course) I still have the occasional sweet treat, but limit this. You have to find a way that suits you, as you rightly point out this is for life. I said to myself all along that my diet starts when I finished tfr.

I wish LT was forever! :(

I know what you mean.I have been floating along protected from the influence that food has over me for the past 4 weeks. I find it easy to cook for OH and kids because food is almost irrelevant to me now. I am really worried that when I go back to Normal eating habits that I will gain it all back. I have a lot of people telling me that is what will definitely happen:cry:

Back