A cup of tea - will it make a difference

jennieh1980

Hi

I probably shouldn't be asking this but I'm going to anyway lol

I'm on LL, if I had a cup of tea (milk no sugar) would it make a difference?????

Cheers

Jennie
;)

Hiya Jennie,
it may well do! Prob not to your ketosis but possibly to your thinking!
Once you start adding things you could be entering dangerous ground...

If you add the milk you are stepping out of the boundaries set down by lighterlife - ie 4 packs, 4 litres of water, water flavourings and savoury drink...

How about mixing up a small amount of a vanilla pack and using that to whiten your tea?

Your soo close to being in the 17's - think of that, bet that feeling would be worth so much more than having some milk in your tea :D

Keep shaking girl :p

Why not have a nice green tea instead without milk?

Mike

Cheers

Hiya

Cheers for that, your right, and I know what I'm like it just starts a slippery slope, I'll stay away I think lol:cry:

Ta

Jennie xx

I can't drink Grren Tea, I've tried it loads of times, all the different ones with different flavours and I don't like any of them, its only PG Tips for me lol

Just butting in. A lot of people 'burn' green tea which makes it bitter. You have to make sure the water isn't boiling (I put some cold water from the filter in first, then boiling water), and then only brew it for a couple of minutes. Mind you, you might just not like it!!!!

I'll shut up now

D x

Thanks for that last tip on the green tea being bitter,thats why i didnt enjoy it. You never know what tip,identification you get on this forum 2 questions answered today just by reading and listening thanks so much every one;:eek: fa51

just to say i m on cd and i have milk in my tea all the time it s my saviour couldn t drink it without i lost 14lb in my first week and last time i did cd i had it then too

Thankyou

Ooh thankyou for that,

I don't have biscuits with tea or anything when I have it I just love a cup of tea once or twice a day, it will make it much more bearable to have it, also I get so bored with water and I struggle to drink 4 ltrs a day

I must admit that I hadn't even thought about having milk in my tea for ages until last week (week 29) I was due to break ketosis for an operation and I was going to do it carefully, but it all started off in the afternoon before when I thought 'oooh I can have a cup of tea with a splash of skimmed milk in it' then I had another one and another one and then a cup of skimmed milk and then another cup and then a chocolate bar. I'm not saying you'll be like me in the slightest, but although one or two splashes of skimmed milk can't possibly harm the diet (as the packs contain skimmed milk anyway) part of the LL magic is following the rules and keeping to the boundaries. Bending the rules can get dangerous unless you have a lot of self-discipline.

I agree that it depends on whether it becomes a slippery slope. I have tea with milk every morning. I must admit it started to become a slipery slope and I went onto skinny caps and skinny lattes BUT I have recently realised I just don't enjoy those the way I used to so I've stopped that now. A splash of milk is not going to be a problem as long as you can limit yourself to just that splash of milk...

Thank you to everyone for help and advice with regards to milk in my Tea. I will definately try the vanilla trick. I must admit I am not one who will add the milk then go onto a slippery slope ( well not yet anyway) only on my second week and have lost 12llbs.

Back