a day in time

L.i.n.d.a

Fatgirlwannabeslim
Sometimes i reminisce and wonder when did it all go wrong...as a teen looking at a bit of puppy fat and thinking i was obese...as an adult one of many relationships with nice guys that i ended the relationship with...being where i am now sad obese and 40..*

Linda. That just tells you that life was once normal and full of nice guys. And it will be again. Life is full of twists and turns. You can never see what's over the mountain until you're over it. The only thing in this situation you have control over is you. The only thing you can change is you. So keep going on your diet, stick to that if nothing else. Start gaining confidence. Try to activate your social life, like talking more to people at group or going on a works do. Eventually you'll get the guts to ditch that excuse of a man and meet someone better

Life explained, in short!!

TWO WOLVES
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is: anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is: joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied,

"The one you feed."

Scorpiolady2710 said:
Life explained, in short!!

TWO WOLVES
One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

"One is Evil - It is: anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

"The other is Good - It is: joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather:

"Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied,

"The one you feed."

I need this printed out.... :)

L.I.N.D.A I don't believe in karma, I believe you reap what you sow ( I guess like the above story) and I also believe on a loving God ( not trying to offend or convert you or anyone just saying what I believe in and take strength from). It takes strength to make changes in your life but you so can make things better. It does really sound like you are low and perhaps a chat to the doctor is a good idea. You are an important person and deserve to be happy but from experience sometimes.you need balls of steel to stand up for yourself and make a major change. Please do not think you deserve anything bad - that is a lie! Keep strong x x x

jayde1148 said:
L.I.N.D.A I don't believe in karma, I believe you reap what you sow ( I guess like the above story) and I also believe on a loving God ( not trying to offend or convert you or anyone just saying what I believe in and take strength from). It takes strength to make changes in your life but you so can make things better. It does really sound like you are low and perhaps a chat to the doctor is a good idea. You are an important person and deserve to be happy but from experience sometimes.you need balls of steel to stand up for yourself and make a major change. Please do not think you deserve anything bad - that is a lie! Keep strong x x x

Isn't reaping what you sow the same as karma?

I agree that a trip to the docs is required. The first step might not be anything as major as dumping that piece of &@£# boyfriend or moving out. It could be making that first phone call to your gp.

No karma is not the same, it is saying that the you deserve the bad things that happen to you, and (in Hinduism and Buddhism) it is the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future lives. Totally opposite of Christian faith and reaping what you sow in terms if biblical interpretation _ anyway I shall not go on because I do not want people to think I am in my soapbox it is just what I believe. :)

Karma can be good or bad. Its not just getting bad results from bad actions, its reaping good from good actions. But you're right, different faiths interpret it in different ways. But Linda, bear in mind all the bad your bf is doing now is gonna come back and bite him in the @ss. It may not be tomorrow, next week or even next year, but it will catch up with him.

With you there jade :).

Linda, no one deserves abusive behaviour and thinking that you do deserve it is a classic sign of a victim of abuse. Everything is believed by them to be their own fault. Are you aware that children who suffer abuse (of any kind, mental abuse as well) also believe it's their fault? What exactly could a child have done to warrant that kind of 'karma'? You absolutely do not deserve it. I think you've been on your own too long with no one in your corner.

With you there jade :).

Linda, no one deserves abusive behaviour and thinking that you do deserve it is a classic sign of a victim of abuse. Everything is believed by them to be their own fault. Are you aware that children who suffer abuse (of any kind, mental abuse as well) also believe it's their fault? What exactly could a child have done to warrant that kind of 'karma'? You absolutely do not deserve it. I think you've been on your own too long with no one in your corner.

I totally agree with you. We are all in control of our own destiny but some need a little help along the way....some a lot more.

I'm with Jayde on this one. I think Karma is often thought of as a natural reaction to something bad happening1 - when was the last time something good happened to someone and you heard them say "that's Karma for rescuing that kitten from those dogs?"

I believe in the reap/sew analogy. Indeed, taking it a step further in its simplest form, I believe life is what you make it.

I promise once you reach target though, the feelings will be positive, Linda.

You have the power to change the things in your life that you don't like. I know it's easier said than done but it's so true.

Life is what you make it honey x

Back