A diary of a girl heading for a new life!

HulaHoop-xx

Hello and welcome, to my weight loss diary! So, a little bit about me? Well I'm seventeen, I've never been thin but over the past two years my weight has rocketed up, through no fault but my own may I add. Ever since I left high school that was it, I started being bored to tears through out the day as I couldn't find a job, I stopped going out gradually and it's ended up I no longer go out at all, unless completely necessary. Pathetic I know! Anyway I have tried dieting alone and I cannot seem to stick to it, hence me writing this diary. I am hoping writing it down and telling others, speaking to people in the same situation and just general support will really help me stick to this. I want to be able to go out with friends, go shopping, talk to guys and just do what normal seventeen year old girls should do. I currently weigh 15 stone 12lbs, and I am 5ft 6. Ideally my goal weight is around 10 stone, but I plan to set myself mini goals at first because I am one of these impatient people so my first goal is two get to 13 stone by new year. Meaning a loss of 40lbs in about 8 weeks, which I'm hoping ill be able to achieve or nearly achieve. Moving on to exercise, ergh. Hate it! Which i guess everyone does, I went out on my bike for the first time about 2 weeks ago and it was such agony, as soon as I saw someone I turned back, scared what they'd think. Bloody stupid! I no longer want to be like this, so if your reading this thanks for sticking through my moaning and I hope you'll write too. Here comes the road to a much happier and healthier life I hope! Lots of love. Abbie x

Hey Abbie! Well done on choosing to start fresh! I too was around 16 stone at 17 and took me until 27 to finally shift it, I've wasted an amazing amount if time being miserable and fat!
What diet are you planning to follow? Can I suggest fitness blender on YouTube! Do a video a day babe and you will look amaze balls!! Xxx

I know. I totally want to get this weight shifted now rather than later? And that's what I'm struggling with at the min, probably just try and eat healthy. I'm just looking at things like orlistat, slim fast and lipotrim but not sure if I could have those because of my age? Do you know? And I'll give it a try. Thanks sweet xx

I'm pretty sure you could do cambridge (that's my secret ;-) I think you may also be able to get sponsored at something like WW from your doc?
It's good to be honest with yourself, could you do this alone? What's your motivation? What has to change to maintain once you have lost weight?
You sound very much focused which is the best start! Check out dual dynamics on you tube also to get in the zone and see where you could be by Xmas even!!!
Xx

What's the Cambridge diet? And obviously I'm on a budget too that's why I can't join lighter life. No way I could afford it :-( I was hoping to go on lipotrim but I guess that's a no go. And to be honest I don't know, usually when I've done it on my own I've gave in. That's why I've joined this so I can read and talk to people in my situation! And ok. Thanks xx

Update for today.
Been good today! Haven't felt the urge to snack between meals, which is a first? Tried to keep myself occupied by watching tv and catching up on things I've missed, so all in all a pretty chilled out day.
For Breakfast I had, Kellogg's Special K Porridge, made with water. I add two tbsp of sugar to sweeten things up.
For Lunch I had, a chicken and vegetable stir fry with sweet chilli sauce.
For Dinner I had, a jacket potato with tuna sweet corn and light mayonnaise filling.
Drinks - orange squash and water

Feeling good!!!!! See you tomorrow

Good morning and rise and shine!!!! Had a great nights sleep, feel refreshed and ready to go. Got a driving lesson again this morning then taking my nan shopping this afternoon so hopefully a busy dad with no crap foods!
My food plan for today is..
Breakfast - Special K Porridge again, with 2 tbsp of sugar. Can't get enough of it!
Lunch - Slim a Soup, chicken flavour. Yum! And some fruit, not sure what yet though.
Dinner - Plan to have another chicken vegetable and sweet chilli sauce stir fry because of needing to use the veg up but might change my mind if I see something better.
Anyway I'll report back tonight. Hope everyone has a wonderful day :) xxx

Today's update!
Breakfast - Special K porridge and 2 sugars.
Lunch - small jacket and slim a soup chicken.
Dinner - salmon, 3 baby potatoes, green beans, broccoli and carrots.
Snacks - none so far
Drinks - orange squash, water and 1 can of diet coke

Keep at it my lovely! I weighed exactly the same as you at your age. I lost a stone calorie counting and managed to keep it off until I got to Uni, where I managed to lose a further 2 st (being skint and walking everywhere does wonders for the waistline haha) but I put it all back on when I moved back home. Been on a dozen or so diets since then including Exante which is like Cambridge or Lighter LIfe. Had great results with it but could never stick to it for more than a couple of months and I ended up putting it all back on after anyway. Now I've just committed to cutting out all refined and starchy carbs like bread, pasta and potatoes, cooking all my meals from scratch that have a moderate amount of protein, lots of good fats and loads of veggies like broccoli and cauliflower. Just over two stone gone and I rarely feel like I'm on a diet.

That's great! Feels better to know that someone's been where I am and managed to change it :) keep me informed on how your progress goes? I'm looking for a buddy to share mine with too. And yeah I would like to try them but I think I'd find it way to hard haha, gonna just stick to what I'm doing and see how it goes then if it fails try something else.

Food plan for today:
Breakfast - Special K Porridge and 2 sugars.
Lunch - 2 poached egg on 2 dry weight watchers bread.
Dinner - chicken stir fry, or chicken salad.
Drinks - orange squash

Will update tonight! Have a good day xx

Had such a crap day! Feel so silly now urgh :-( did my porridge this morning and it tasted dodgy so I suddenly decided ( god knows why ) I'd have two toast and cereal. I had chicken stir fry for lunch then for tea I've had toast and cereal again and quiche :-( urgh xx

Back