A diary of a slimming world consultant

I agree with Rosie- don't give up your job for SW! You won't be earning much for a while and wouldn't be able to match your income for a long time (obv I don't know what your job is or what you earn but based on my own job)

Thanks guys I will continue reading and contributing to this thread and attend opps evening next week to update u all x fab honesty and advice

U need to get 25 new members in your first two weeks to earn 40% of takings. If u dont get 25 new members u will be on 25% until u get 25 member and keep them all for 6 weeks then u will go up to 40%

Hi ladies sorry I'm gate crashing but you might just know the answer to my dilemma.

I'm pg and wanted to call target (I was 7lb off) but my Sw consultant said that I'd still have to pay for gains outside of my 6lb buffer zone anyway. I've hear other people say she's wrong?? Any ideas?

Good luck to everyone on your new careers. X

HI Cake

Once you've set your target and reached it, then you don't have to pay if you remain within 3 pounds either side of that target.
If you put on 4 pounds say, then you will be given a weeks grace to get back within 3 pounds of target before you have to pay again. Hope that makes sense!!

HI Cake

Once you've set your target and reached it, then you don't have to pay if you remain within 3 pounds either side of that target.
If you put on 4 pounds say, then you will be given a weeks grace to get back within 3 pounds of target before you have to pay again. Hope that makes sense!!

Thanks but does that apply during pregnancy? I was told that gains you weren't charged for during pg up to a 2st gain?

To ILoveCake,

regarding target and pregnancy this is how I understand it:

*You have to be a target member when you get pregnant, you then have to get signed off by your midwife to say you can still attend SW and your midwive will give you a recommended gain for your pregnancy.

*As long as you don't gain more than your midwife reccomends you don't have to pay.

*When you have given birth, you have 6 weeks to get back to your target range before you'd have to start paying again.

*The idea of that is if your midwife says you can gain 2st and you do, nice you've had baby, you'll lose a fair amount straight away (ESP if its a big baby) and you should be able to lose the other stone within the 6 weeks.

*If you are a target member and your midwive says no you can 'leave' SW and as long as you weigh in before your baby is 10 weeks old and you are within your target range, you won't pay any back fees.

The main thing is you have to be a target member when you fall pregnant for any of the above to apply.

I'm assuming you haven't yet called target?

In that case, your C is right- if you call it now you'd have to stay within the 3lbs either side to avoid paying. Which is quite obviously impossible when pregnant!!

If you haven't yet called target, there's no point you doing it now, as you fall out of range within a few weeks and have to pay again.

Hope that helps x

Hiya

I launched a brand new group at the end of January, I've hit stage 1 and had 25 members in several times but not maintained it for 6 weeks so am still on 25%

My room hire is £40 a week and I'll happily share my takings with you over the weeks to help you decide:

£64.18, £18.35, £8.49, £10.84, £7.18, £4.78, £4.79, £15.95, £10.98, £16.29, £12.29, £15.93, £23.37, £39.78, £18.46, £39.45, £19.65, £59.35

The higher weeks were due to countdown sales. It is hard work getting new members in and it's only recently that my numbers have grown enough to make the 25 through the door with a buffer for the last minute non attendees/notified absenses.

Awaywithefaries.... Thank you for being honest and well done on setting up your new meeting, it does seem hard work does pay off and income is gradually increasing :) how much do you get for each countdown sold? And how much for each new member? And do you have to get min of 25 people thru the door every week for 6 weeks to get the 40% or have I misunderstood? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get full understanding and as much info before opps event next week x

hi everyone, ive asked my TM if i can ring her after work tomorrow.

Im going to tell her that i can't do sw right now. Ive had a big think and i would be taking on too much too soon. i would need to get a car and also find a way of working 40+ hours with my other job. Im really keen but i would just like to wait 6-12 months to save some money and then i know i can put 100% into my group.
I just hope she is ok with me on the phone and ill still the chance to do it later on.. just dont want to be known as unreliable. I think its better to say now a week before pretraining then before its too late.

:(
xx

I tried to do this once I had a think. I called my td and said I wasn't sure but she managed to talk
Me into still doing it. Stick to ur guns do not back down if u have decided not to go ahead with it x

Im going to tell her that i can't do sw right now. Ive had a big think and i would be taking on too much too soon. i would need to get a car and also find a way of working 40+ hours with my other job. Im really keen but i would just like to wait 6-12 months to save some money and then i know i can put 100% into my group.
I just hope she is ok with me on the phone and ill still the chance to do it later on.. just dont want to be known as unreliable. I think its better to say now a week before pretraining then before its too late.

xx

Hope it goes well for you tomorrow hun, You would think they would want consultants that are 100% commited otherwise it doesn't portray a good image for the company x

To ILoveCake,

regarding target and pregnancy this is how I understand it:

*You have to be a target member when you get pregnant, you then have to get signed off by your midwife to say you can still attend SW and your midwive will give you a recommended gain for your pregnancy.

*As long as you don't gain more than your midwife reccomends you don't have to pay.

*When you have given birth, you have 6 weeks to get back to your target range before you'd have to start paying again.

*The idea of that is if your midwife says you can gain 2st and you do, nice you've had baby, you'll lose a fair amount straight away (ESP if its a big baby) and you should be able to lose the other stone within the 6 weeks.

*If you are a target member and your midwive says no you can 'leave' SW and as long as you weigh in before your baby is 10 weeks old and you are within your target range, you won't pay any back fees.

The main thing is you have to be a target member when you fall pregnant for any of the above to apply.

I'm assuming you haven't yet called target?

In that case, your C is right- if you call it now you'd have to stay within the 3lbs either side to avoid paying. Which is quite obviously impossible when pregnant!!

If you haven't yet called target, there's no point you doing it now, as you fall out of range within a few weeks and have to pay again.

Hope that helps x

Thank you so much Dougal that makes sense to me now.

Hiya

I launched a brand new group at the end of January, I've hit stage 1 and had 25 members in several times but not maintained it for 6 weeks so am still on 25%

My room hire is £40 a week and I'll happily share my takings with you over the weeks to help you decide:

£64.18, £18.35, £8.49, £10.84, £7.18, £4.78, £4.79, £15.95, £10.98, £16.29, £12.29, £15.93, £23.37, £39.78, £18.46, £39.45, £19.65, £59.35

The higher weeks were due to countdown sales. It is hard work getting new members in and it's only recently that my numbers have grown enough to make the 25 through the door with a buffer for the last minute non attendees/notified absenses.

I absolutely admire the honesty of this post, this is averaging what, about £22 per week! How many hours are being put in to earn £22/week? I suspect if you've already made your money and are looking for a nice hobby this would be fab, or if you've got a partner who can support you then equally fab.....but even if you got it up to £100 per week that's still a crazy low 'salary'. If you want to earn a living out of this I really suggest thinking long and hard and if you need to pay bills I most def wouldn't give up an existing job (coz they're not easy to find these days).

Awaywithefaries.... Thank you for being honest and well done on setting up your new meeting, it does seem hard work does pay off and income is gradually increasing :) how much do you get for each countdown sold? And how much for each new member? And do you have to get min of 25 people thru the door every week for 6 weeks to get the 40% or have I misunderstood? Sorry for all the questions but I'm just trying to get full understanding and as much info before opps event next week x

Hi There

The franchise account software works everything out for you as it's all electronic.

Basically it calculates all the fees taken, then you input your room hire which it takes off of the fees total and out of what's left you get your percentage. You don't get paid for each new member or countdown sold, you get your percentage of the total taken in group after the room hire is deducted.

For example total fees £130, take off room hire £30 which leaves £100, you would get 20%, 40% or 45% (depending on what stage you were at) of the £100 left.

You do have to maintain 25+ paying members through the door for 6 weeks to jump up to 40% commission, if it drops below 25 the 6 week clock starts again when you hit 25+

I hope that helps!

xx

Hope you got on ok today x

Had my team meeting tonight and my TD announces she's retiring. Devastated is an understatement ;( ;(

Back