A diary of a slimming world consultant

Does it cost alot for your venues or is this factored into the percentages they take etc .. I'd love to do it but with work could only do one class a week more as a hobby but I would not want to lose money !!

Does it cost alot for your venues or is this factored into the percentages they take etc .. I'd love to do it but with work could only do one class a week more as a hobby but I would not want to lose money !!

The cost of your venue is deducted from your takings before any percentages are worked out. The cost of venues vary, church and community halls are generally cheaper, I am in a school hall at £40 a week. I am doing it as a hobby too as I have an employed job that is 3 full days a week. My group opens on 29th Jan so I've no idea how its going to go yet.

wow! youve done well with the leaflets!

It was a lovely day yesterday but i only got about 300 out.

Feeling a bit over loaded with stuff to do and sort out ready for opening!

Hi Hannah

I went to my ops event on 21st September but my start date was put back as the other new consultants in my area were struggling to attend the training and promote right on the Christmas period, so we all agreed to go for end of January opening instead! It's all pretty flexible.

I think you could be up and running within a few months really, it depends on how quickly you get a venue and if the times/days you can do a group fit in with the rest of your patch.

Good luck if you decide to go for it!

Thank you. Ideally I wanted to do it before my eldest goes to school (Sept 2014!) but last week at group the District Manager was there and she strongly recommended that I went. So I thought I'd go along now and see what it's all about. It's something I've wanted to do for the past 6 years. I had a full time job in London and I'm now a full time Mummy of 2 so I thought this would be a good time.

It's sounds quite full on, but I love things being a bit hectic! That's where my adrenalin kicks in!

That's a brilliant idea with weighing the leaflets! Good Luck with your first opening night x

wow! youve done well with the leaflets!

It was a lovely day yesterday but i only got about 300 out.

Feeling a bit over loaded with stuff to do and sort out ready for opening!

I was lucky to get 3 last minute helpers. I think the sun being out made them offer to help, up until then it was just me. I used a Facebook plea and fortunately it got me helpers. I know what you mean about feeling overloaded, there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. Am not sure I'll ever be ready at this rate. Have only got 2 posters and a postcard up too but am trying my best (around the day job).

I'm sure once we're open things will settle down a bit <hysterical laughter> !

Hey Rosie, are you still out there? you've been quiet lately, check in and let us know how you're getting on x

Thank you. Ideally I wanted to do it before my eldest goes to school (Sept 2014!) but last week at group the District Manager was there and she strongly recommended that I went. So I thought I'd go along now and see what it's all about. It's something I've wanted to do for the past 6 years. I had a full time job in London and I'm now a full time Mummy of 2 so I thought this would be a good time.

It's sounds quite full on, but I love things being a bit hectic! That's where my adrenalin kicks in!

That's a brilliant idea with weighing the leaflets! Good Luck with your first opening night x

Thanks Hannah, if you love hectic then you'll love this lol, I'm just hoping that it settles a bit after opening night, the 15 days leading up to when you go into group are all about promotions, promotions and more promotions, I permanently have cards, leaflets, posters in my handbag now, they go everywhere with me, I've pimped my car so that its a mobile Slimming World advertisement too, the things you do eh? Lol x

Thanks Hannah, if you love hectic then you'll love this lol, I'm just hoping that it settles a bit after opening night, the 15 days leading up to when you go into group are all about promotions, promotions and more promotions, I permanently have cards, leaflets, posters in my handbag now, they go everywhere with me, I've pimped my car so that its a mobile Slimming World advertisement too, the things you do eh? Lol x

It does sound manic! Hopefully it'll calm down for you once you've opened. Are you getting excited? I went to group last night and I lost 4.5lbs and was slimmer of the week! Chuffed to bits! 2st 1lbs off in 13 weeks. I also found out that my consultant is retiring!! So they'll be a spot available! She's been doing the 3 groups for 8 years so its well established. Typical though as ideally I wanted to start in about 6-8 months! It's always the way. Still looking forward to the ops day. Can you tell me what actually happens? One of my slimming world buddies is going as well and she says that they interview you there. Any info would be great! xx

Probably a silly question, but what would you suggest wearing to the op event?

I was thinking exactly the same thing!! I think it is smart casual. I think I'm going to wear a black shirt dress. How about you? x

I was thinking exactly the same thing!! I think it is smart casual. I think I'm going to wear a black shirt dress. How about you? x

I was planning on wearing a navy blue dress and tights, but its going to be freezing... think I might just stick with that, as if it is smart then that dress will still look nice but it also won't look out of place if everyone is casual.... or I suppose my other option is black jeans and a shirt :/

I was planning on wearing a navy blue dress and tights, but its going to be freezing... think I might just stick with that, as if it is smart then that dress will still look nice but it also won't look out of place if everyone is casual.... or I suppose my other option is black jeans and a shirt :/

I think the dress sounds better. I'm going to wear tights and possibly tan boots with mine. We'll probably be the only ones in dresses!

I think the dress sounds better. I'm going to wear tights and possibly tan boots with mine. We'll probably be the only ones in dresses!

Yeah I'll stick with the dress, might wear tights and leggings as an extra layer lol. thinking just black boots as I have some nice ankle ones, I need to buy more boots or get the ones I have rehealed at least.

Another question, but do they put nibbles out?
We might not have chance to eat before I go to mine so it'll be a late tea, just wondered if I should take some snacks or not?

Yeah I'll stick with the dress, might wear tights and leggings as an extra layer lol. thinking just black boots as I have some nice ankle ones, I need to buy more boots or get the ones I have rehealed at least.

Another question, but do they put nibbles out?
We might not have chance to eat before I go to mine so it'll be a late tea, just wondered if I should take some snacks or not?

That sounds like a good plan! Hope it doesn't snow!
I think they do put on nibbles, mine starts at 10.30am-1pm. But might be worth taking a little something.

There weren't any nibbles but my event was in the evening.

I am embarrassed to say that I wore jeans and a smart top to the event ~hangs head in shame> I thought it was going to be like an open evening thing but it was sat around a table in a meeting room. Everyone was dressed in business attire, dresses, suit trousers and blouses etc. didn't do me any harm in the end though!

I got all the info I needed, came out knowing exactly what is involved, it was very informative.

At the end of the event you get to say if its not for you, you're interested in the future or you want to take it forward now. If you want to pursue it you will receive a telephone interview, if you pass you'll get invited to a formal interview and then if successful get offered a consultant position.

Hope that helps x

There weren't any nibbles but my event was in the evening.

I am embarrassed to say that I wore jeans and a smart top to the event ~hangs head in shame> I thought it was going to be like an open evening thing but it was sat around a table in a meeting room. Everyone was dressed in business attire, dresses, suit trousers and blouses etc. didn't do me any harm in the end though!

I got all the info I needed, came out knowing exactly what is involved, it was very informative.

At the end of the event you get to say if its not for you, you're interested in the future or you want to take it forward now. If you want to pursue it you will receive a telephone interview, if you pass you'll get invited to a formal interview and then if successful get offered a consultant position.

Hope that helps x

Thankyou that's loads of help. :)

Might not be able to make it to mine now, apparently we're going to have loads of snow and its advisable not to travel and I was going to travel to it, I suppose I'll just have to keep an ear out for the next one near me as I was actually travelling to the next town for this one. :(

Thankyou that's loads of help. :)

Might not be able to make it to mine now, apparently we're going to have loads of snow and its advisable not to travel and I was going to travel to it, I suppose I'll just have to keep an ear out for the next one near me as I was actually travelling to the next town for this one. :(

Thank you away with the fairies! It's great to hear people's experiences and what people where wearing. Maybe we should wear jeans as you got through!! Lol!
Oh no Donna!! Saying that we've got a major frost here this morning.

Rosie, are you still there? How did your group go this week? Has it calmed down for you? Enjoying it. x

Its been great reading this post and hearing how Rosie and others are doing at becoming a consultant.
I too went for the meeting last week and am having the interview over the phone tonight. Im really looking forward to it, although i am studying business management at the moment which should end in a couple of months and then can start my training etc. But i am already practising the talks in my head !! and thing to say !!
Would be great to continue to hear how everyone is getting on if thats ok ?
Thanks - Rosie - Hope all is well with you - didnt enjoy reading about your ex :( but i hope all is ok now and you are continuing with ebing a consultant and sticking two fingers up to the ex :)
Look forward to hear how you latest few weeks have gone
Thanks
Helen

So sorry guys I am alive. Evidently no it does not calm down because then u have a group to run and new members to help and things to order and handshakes and uploads and more training and then I got the new fella which is going amazingly well!! As well as my full time job.

I have had 3 groups now. New years eve was my first night I had 11 new members. The week after 25 new members and this week I had another ten. So I was fast tracked to 40 percent profits and I got my ruby award. It isn't all plain sailing though the lady I did training with only got 15 in so she didn't fast track so where I made 230 last week she made 30. The hard work does pay off so make sure u do it!! But its not got easier yet. 46 new members to enter into phone and lap top. 46 new members to support and food diaries to read. Truth be known the money is good and the job is rewarding but perhaps if I'd known the whole truth I might not have done it. And truth be known I only did it because I was dating a low life who never wanted to see me so I had so much Time on my hands, now I'm with someone who wants to be with me 24/7 it's so hard :-( but seeing all those new members did make me smile. But I'm not going to lie its still so so hard and I got days 3 and 4 next weekend :-( x

Back