A diary of a slimming world consultant

So sorry guys I am alive. Evidently no it does not calm down because then u have a group to run and new members to help and things to order and handshakes and uploads and more training and then I got the new fella which is going amazingly well!! As well as my full time job.

I have had 3 groups now. New years eve was my first night I had 11 new members. The week after 25 new members and this week I had another ten. So I was fast tracked to 40 percent profits and I got my ruby award. It isn't all plain sailing though the lady I did training with only got 15 in so she didn't fast track so where I made 230 last week she made 30. The hard work does pay off so make sure u do it!! But its not got easier yet. 46 new members to enter into phone and lap top. 46 new members to support and food diaries to read. Truth be known the money is good and the job is rewarding but perhaps if I'd known the whole truth I might not have done it. And truth be known I only did it because I was dating a low life who never wanted to see me so I had so much Time on my hands, now I'm with someone who wants to be with me 24/7 it's so hard :-( but seeing all those new members did make me smile. But I'm not going to lie its still so so hard and I got days 3 and 4 next weekend :-( x

It's good to have your own thing though even if it is very time consuming, I'm glad things are going well with your new fella but if it doesn't work out you'll still have your group there. I wouldn't think about whether your doing it because of which relationship your in or not, keep business and pleasure separate ;)

You'll get into the swing of things and although it will still be a lot of work, you'll learn how to work it best for you, so many consultants run successful groups and have full time jobs plus other training, you can do it too :)

Still gutted it looks like I won't make my op event, but to be fair I was travelling to it and I would want a local group so if they decided they wanted me as a consultant I'd probably be put on hold until they were training people local to me anyway.

Great to hear from you Rosie.

Congratulations on the new members, that's fab, it makes such a difference to get the numbers. I thought if you didn't fast track to stage 2 on night 1 that you stayed on Stage 1 for 6 weeks regardless, even if you had 25+ new members, maybe I got that but wrong.

I'm adding up all the expenses, petrol & accommodation for training, cash boxes, stationery, storage boxes, raffle prizes etc (oh and £100 for advertising that is apparently part of the franchise agreement where HO give you 50% back, I missed that bit) granted I've bought some non essentials like business cards and pre printed labels which aren't needed but are nice to have and I'm up to £508 yikes!!! It's getting to the point where I need to start clawing some back and get into group.

Am finding it exhausting right now, I work 3 full days a week and when I'm not at work I'm leafleting, postering, printing, laminating, making visuals or collecting for my interest table. I hope I get people turn up on the night and I hope they appreciate all my efforts.

Keep at it hun, you need to do something for you too, being with the new bloke 24/7 might be appealing but you need some time for you too, absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that ;)

So sorry guys I am alive. Evidently no it does not calm down because then u have a group to run and new members to help and things to order and handshakes and uploads and more training and then I got the new fella which is going amazingly well!! As well as my full time job.

I have had 3 groups now. New years eve was my first night I had 11 new members. The week after 25 new members and this week I had another ten. So I was fast tracked to 40 percent profits and I got my ruby award. It isn't all plain sailing though the lady I did training with only got 15 in so she didn't fast track so where I made 230 last week she made 30. The hard work does pay off so make sure u do it!! But its not got easier yet. 46 new members to enter into phone and lap top. 46 new members to support and food diaries to read. Truth be known the money is good and the job is rewarding but perhaps if I'd known the whole truth I might not have done it. And truth be known I only did it because I was dating a low life who never wanted to see me so I had so much Time on my hands, now I'm with someone who wants to be with me 24/7 it's so hard :-( but seeing all those new members did make me smile. But I'm not going to lie its still so so hard and I got days 3 and 4 next weekend :-( x

Wow Rosie!!! That's fantastic! Well done! Glad to hear that the hard work is paying off. Sorry that the other consultant didn't do as well.

It's difficult to get the work/life/romance balance. Just take each day as it comes.

Well done again! You should feel very proud of yourself! x

That's right u have to get your 25 on your first night or u stay at 25 percent til u have 25 new members and then ur 6 weeks starts then. I had 2 weeks to get them in because I opened on new years eve so that's ok :)

It's certainly a rollercoaster, had my weekly call and it does get disheartening, have done my best so far, I'm only 5 days into my 15 day campaign, and I work 3 full days a week, so far I have 3 posters up, 900 leaflets through doors, Facebook profile, opening event and page up and running, negotiated for admin to send a text to 200+ parents at the school where my venue is to tell them about my group, 2 adverts running in the local paper next week, snow today put paid to any activity as I couldn't get around which was annoying but then the boys got sent home from school at lunchtime so I would have been stuck to do anything anyway.

Feeling like a right muppet as I completely forgot my list of 25 names of people who commit to come oooops ! Then found out people I know don't count, it has to be people I don't know, that I have spoken to whilst out and about grrrrrr, where are the hills cuz I feel like heading for them!

Going to do as much as I can at the weekend, I can only try my hardest, am not giving up by any means but am finding it hard as it feels like I'm at it 24/7 at the moment.

It's certainly a rollercoaster, had my weekly call and it does get disheartening, have done my best so far, I'm only 5 days into my 15 day campaign, and I work 3 full days a week, so far I have 3 posters up, 900 leaflets through doors, Facebook profile, opening event and page up and running, negotiated for admin to send a text to 200+ parents at the school where my venue is to tell them about my group, 2 adverts running in the local paper next week, snow today put paid to any activity as I couldn't get around which was annoying but then the boys got sent home from school at lunchtime so I would have been stuck to do anything anyway.

Feeling like a right muppet as I completely forgot my list of 25 names of people who commit to come oooops ! Then found out people I know don't count, it has to be people I don't know, that I have spoken to whilst out and about grrrrrr, where are the hills cuz I feel like heading for them!

Going to do as much as I can at the weekend, I can only try my hardest, am not giving up by any means but am finding it hard as it feels like I'm at it 24/7 at the moment.

It does sound like a rollacoaster that doesn't stop! You can only do your best and that's all anyone can ask. But by the sounds of it, it sounds like you've done a lot in 5 days! Believe in yourself x

Got my ops day tomorrow. Apparently it is still on! Hoping it doesn't snow! I really want to go! We've only had a little bit of snow, I'm in East Sussex. Everywhere else seems to get it apart from us!

Hi, great diary. I am planning on being a consultant once I get to goal (I still have a very long way to go) so really inspired reading your diary :) x

Got my ops day tomorrow. Apparently it is still on! Hoping it doesn't snow! I really want to go! We've only had a little bit of snow, I'm in East Sussex. Everywhere else seems to get it apart from us!

Good Luck! They tell you everything you need to know, after tomorrow you'll know exactly what is involved, hope it goes well x

Hi Corinne
It seems never-ending at the moment doesnt it!
Just been out for 3 hours with 3 other helpers leafleting in the thick snow!
Ive still not even got 1000 out yet though.
spent most of yesterday making visuals and other essentials for opening night.
I dont think I was quite prepared for how much work is involved initially.

Have you been busy today? xx

Hi Corinne
It seems never-ending at the moment doesnt it!
Just been out for 3 hours with 3 other helpers leafleting in the thick snow!
Ive still not even got 1000 out yet though.
spent most of yesterday making visuals and other essentials for opening night.
I dont think I was quite prepared for how much work is involved initially.

Have you been busy today? xx

I feel like I'm working 24/7 at the moment, I am really trying my hardest, today was tough in the ice and snow I was out for 4.5 hours virtually on my own, cold & wet ( I had 2 helpers for about an hour) we managed to do about 480 leaflets between us. My husband went out as soon as I got home just after 4pm to do some more for me bless him, he's just walked in so maybe I can add another 100+ onto that. We're lucky we're in a town so its not too bad but on my patch are a lot of long driveways its certainly not rows of terraces! I've seen that many front doors and letterboxes I'll be counting them in my sleep.

Feeling a little despondent, don't have a single name on my list, one of my posters is definitely up with about 8 places saying they'll put it up (they wouldn't let me do it myself) and that's it!

Have started packing up storage boxes with things for each table ie for pay and weigh a cash box, plastic cards, certificates, fruit basket etc for new members enrolment forms, A4 FO book, pens etc haven't got the correx from my TD yet so no visuals but lots of stuff laminated ready for when I get then.

I knew these 2 weeks leading up to opening night would be hard work but phew! I am exhausted lol oh well I just hope it pays off xxx

oh youve done well today then, kind hubby too !. I seem to be continually paying out too. Money for this, money for that!
I couldnt find your facebook page which we chatted about at training? x

My god it sounds manic!!

Sadly I couldn't go to the ops day today because of the poxy snow!! Apparently only 4 people made it. There's another one they're putting on, on 3rd February. So I'll go to that. I was so cross though, my 7 month old Son decided to wake me up twice (which he never does) then I was up at 6.15am to get showered and dressed. 7.45am the snow starts and doesn't stop! It's still snowing now. So disappointed that I couldn't go :(

Hannah they run them often so it won't be long before there's another one, they run in different areas too so if you can't wait there might be one in the next town x

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry too much bout the 25 names. I only had ten names and they were friends I knew and I had 46 new members in the first 3 weeks. And no one took any posters for me and I only did 1500 leaflets because of personal circumstances but I imagine if I did the 8 prong attack 100% I would have had so many more members but that's enough for me for now coz don't forget after group u have to enter all details Into laptop and mobile phone and support them throughout the week. It's non stop! X

Don't worry too much bout the 25 names. I only had ten names and they were friends I knew and I had 46 new members in the first 3 weeks. And no one took any posters for me and I only did 1500 leaflets because of personal circumstances but I imagine if I did the 8 prong attack 100% I would have had so many more members but that's enough for me for now coz don't forget after group u have to enter all details Into laptop and mobile phone and support them throughout the week. It's non stop! X

Thanks Rosie, that's a bit of reassurance for me, I was losing the will to live yesterday. I've sat back and thought could I have done more in the spare time I had and the honest answer is no, I've given it 110% and am still nowhere near what is asked of us.

I guess it's part of the journey, I'm so up and down, one minute I think no one is going to turn up or the venue will forget to let me in, next minute I think it's all going to be fine lol!

I'm so glad you started this thread, How is everything going with you? X

It will all be fine. I got my training days 3 and 4 this weekend and I got my 4th group tonight but doubt many will come tonight because of the snow x

It will all be fine. I got my training days 3 and 4 this weekend and I got my 4th group tonight but doubt many will come tonight because of the snow x

Good Luck for training and for tonight Rosie! Don't forget to tell people that in tomorrow's Reveal magazine there's a voucher for free membership ( you probably already know that though!)

Back