A diary of a slimming world consultant

I know how it feels not not to get the numbers you were hoping for, but there are good things about starting small. You can encourage your members to bring their friends and family to build the group.
You can give really good support to all your members, and that means their weight losses will be good. Your group will start to get to know each other, and that builds a lovely atmosphere.
You will have a little bit of time to get to know your members, and spot the ones that are struggling much sooner.
Try not to be disheartened, just get back out there with your leaflets, and posters and you will get there.
I am still trying to get my 25, am very close and hoping to in the next few weeks. xx

I know how it feels not not to get the numbers you were hoping for, but there are good things about starting small. You can encourage your members to bring their friends and family to build the group.
You can give really good support to all your members, and that means their weight losses will be good. Your group will start to get to know each other, and that builds a lovely atmosphere.
You will have a little bit of time to get to know your members, and spot the ones that are struggling much sooner.
Try not to be disheartened, just get back out there with your leaflets, and posters and you will get there.
I am still trying to get my 25, am very close and hoping to in the next few weeks. xx

Little Miss Slim is right. What great words of encouragement. I think that sounds nice to get to really know your members, if you'd had loads on the first night it might have been overwhelming. Get out with the posters and leaflets.

Also the weather could have been a factor, it was really heavy rain yesterday afternoon/evening. I'm in East Sussex. xx

here to subscribe as i find this thread really interesting! well done all you new consultants! the group i attend is brand new with a new consultant, the group is only 4 weeks old so by reading this i kind of know how my consultant feels as you can see she is still a bit nervous but i think shes doing great! x

Hi everyone I started to read this feed after I want to a open event and decided to become a consultant, I had my interview on Monday and got told on Wednesday by my consultant that I have the job and am soo excited I can't wait to get started.My pre training is on the 17th and then am down Derbyshire on the 1st of march. Thank you for starting this thread because it has opened my eyes to how much you have to do before you really started but am not put off.

Wow I can remember how exited I was when I found out. U will love the training such nice people and nice atmosphere.

I do love the job just wish they told me u had to be a mathematician to fill out the plans for success!!

Hi everyone I started to read this feed after I want to a open event and decided to become a consultant, I had my interview on Monday and got told on Wednesday by my consultant that I have the job and am soo excited I can't wait to get started.My pre training is on the 17th and then am down Derbyshire on the 1st of march. Thank you for starting this thread because it has opened my eyes to how much you have to do before you really started but am not put off.

Good Luck Clarelou, you'll certainly know exactly what you're letting yourself in for after reading this thread lol x

I'm going to an opportunity event on the 17th!! Turns out the area manager is the OH of someone I work with! Small world or what!
And there's a vacant group that she's running that I'd be ideal for, as its very close to where I live!
So exciting, I really want to do this! X

How strange. My boyfriends manager is my team developers husband. We only found that out when we was talking about football lol x

Thanks ROSIE for this thread, its been great reading it. i have a SW INTERVIEW on tuesday - this is my 2nd one as was unsuccessful first time... cant remember what was asked in interview - can anyone help. the TD who's group i help out at is one of the interviewers! thanks in advance xx

Thanks ROSIE for this thread, its been great reading it. i have a SW INTERVIEW on tuesday - this is my 2nd one as was unsuccessful first time... cant remember what was asked in interview - can anyone help. the TD who's group i help out at is one of the interviewers! thanks in advance xx

Hi Milliebeth,

A friend of mine recently had one and she didn't get through. I think because she said she spoke a lot about her personal weight loss journey and hardly mentioned SW!!

I can't say what questions as I haven't had the interview myself. But get over your enthusiasm for SW how it changed you etc... How you want to help people the way it has helped you...

Good luck, no doubt Rosie and the other lovely ladies can help with questions. xx

U just need to be very entheusiatic about slimming world and express that you really do believe the plan works. Don't pretend to be someone your not. They know what they are looking for x

Hiya

It seems so long ago now but I recall being asked about how I would motivate someone and how I would prioritise things. I was also asked to talk about someone in group that inspires me and why.

I was also asked what plan I followed, how I use my healthy extras what I use syns for etc just general things about the plan really.

Good luck with the interviews, let us know how you got on x

Wow I can remember how exited I was when I found out. U will love the training such nice people and nice atmosphere.

I do love the job just wish they told me u had to be a mathematician to fill out the plans for success!!

Hey Rosie!

I hope all is still going well, I've got my first CDV on Tuesday and we're meeting for feedback and to do the PFS fir the first time on Friday, that's the bit I'm dreading, it looks quite complicated :() I get off lightly though as day 3 & 4 training for me are on 15th & 16th of this month so my TD says I'm untrained lol!

I made my first new member support calls yesterday and it was lovely to chat to them, I found out loads about them all :) what surprised me was that they're not all giving it 100%, one hadn't even looked at her food optimising book since group on Tuesday, some are just partially following it, I've tried to give them a push and words of encouragement but am worried they'll be disappointed at their first weigh in, did you find the same?

Xx

The "interviews" are competency based questions, ie...tell me an occasion where you have overcome a setback?.....how have you dealt with an awkward or embarrasing situation? ...when have you been motivational to others.....etc etc.
You need to get lots of scenarios and examples ready and have alternatives in case they want two answers.

Its a franchise though, not employment, so you would have to be extremely unlucky not to be accepted

Hi all,

Went to my ops day yesterday and had a fab time! All positive news! I'm going to go for it! I thought I'd do it next year when my daughter is at school (sept 2014) but my current consultant is retiring so they'd be a group available but it has 2 classes! I've got my pre interview this week sometime. Very excited! The district manager said the job was made for me, which really boosted my confidence and belief in myself that I can do this.

Thanks to you lovely Ladies, I have the knowledge of how much work you have to do!

Hope you're all well! Keep your fingers crossed for me! x

Back