A diary of a slimming world consultant

hi, just wondering?? whats the difference between groups and classes? xx

Hi there. Basically groups and classes are kind of the same except if there's a group it may have 2 classes. So one beginning at 5 and the next at 7pm all at the same venue. Hope that makes sense!!

Well done Rosie, so how many do you have now?

I had my follow up call today and I've got my interview on 19th Feb!! So excited!

The district manager also offered me a morning group as well as the evening ones! So that would be 2 groups and 3 classes! I said I'd love the evening ones but I'd think about the morning one. I don't think I can do the morning one as I don't have the child care. And also all the work! It would be on the same day though. But she said that if in a few months I wanted to expand I could have that and they'd get someone to cover it until then. Was really chuffed with that!!

How did everyone else get on with their groups tonight? I lost 3lbs and was slimmer of the week. 2st 6lbs lighter in 16 weeks. x

good luck hannah at the interview - mine is also on the 19th in the morning. fingers crossed x

Just show how passionate you are about Slimming World, and how you want to tell as many people about it as you can, so you can help them.

On another note, really excited; got a special guest coming tomorrow to my group tomorrow night - she was in woman of the yr 2012, lost 12 stone, and she's in new magazine; I may
have told 1 or 2 people while I've been postering/ leafleting and handing out free magazines!
Fingers and bits crossed for my 25 tomorrow! xx

Just show how passionate you are about Slimming World, and how you want to tell as many people about it as you can, so you can help them.

On another note, really excited; got a special guest coming tomorrow to my group tomorrow night - she was in woman of the yr 2012, lost 12 stone, and she's in new magazine; I may
have told 1 or 2 people while I've been postering/ leafleting and handing out free magazines!
Fingers and bits crossed for my 25 tomorrow! xx

Thank you!

Good luck tomorrow! How exciting!! She did amazingly well! I'm sure you'll get your 25. Let us know how you get on. Get a photo with her, always good for promoting! x

I GOT THE JOB!!!!! had the phone call today !!!!!!!!!!!!! :) xxx

Congratulations!!! That's excellent news! I love this thread! Great to hear about so many new consultants! When do you go on training?

I've got my interview on 19th Feb! So excited! Did you have to wait very long before they told you? What kind of questions did they ask? x

I heard the next day, the Team developer called me and told me! I was certain it was another no. They asked questions about my journey.. then put me in scenerios... and asked who inspired me in class when i joined? have you inspired anyone, what would you do/say if someone was not losing weight, what would u do if you had a grumpy member, - it lasted about 30 mins. they also asked me alot about my job, and a lot about apprasials and feedback.
my day 1 and 2 training is on 8th and 9th march! my group - when i find a venue will be open easter week!! ahhh

can someone tell me waht happens at PRE TRAINING??? xx

At pre training you're given your first packs and success express manuals, you sign contracts and exchange fees.

They go over everything that was at the opps event to make sure you understand what is expected, you'll meet any other consultants starting at the same time as you which is handy as you may want to travel together to training at Head Office.

You will get your planner which is where you programme in some activities like training and promotions etc.you'll get contact numbers for your team developer, district manager and field support.

Once contracts and your fee are received at HO they will make contact and give you your consultant code (usually within a few weeks) then you can get onto the our world consultant website and take your first few diploma's.

I think that's about it.

I hope that helps x

At pre training you're given your first packs and success express manuals, you sign contracts and exchange fees.

They go over everything that was at the opps event to make sure you understand what is expected, you'll meet any other consultants starting at the same time as you which is handy as you may want to travel together to training at Head Office.

You will get your planner which is where you programme in some activities like training and promotions etc.you'll get contact numbers for your team developer, district manager and field support.

Once contracts and your fee are received at HO they will make contact and give you your consultant code (usually within a few weeks) then you can get onto the our world consultant website and take your first few diploma's.

I think that's about it.

I hope that helps x

That's fab to get an insight before.

I've got my interview on 19th February, what did you wear?

How was your group this week?

I heard the next day, the Team developer called me and told me! I was certain it was another no. They asked questions about my journey.. then put me in scenerios... and asked who inspired me in class when i joined? have you inspired anyone, what would you do/say if someone was not losing weight, what would u do if you had a grumpy member, - it lasted about 30 mins. they also asked me alot about my job, and a lot about apprasials and feedback.
my day 1 and 2 training is on 8th and 9th march! my group - when i find a venue will be open easter week!! ahhh

can someone tell me waht happens at PRE TRAINING??? xx

That's great, thank you for the insider knowledge. They were similar questions she asked me over the phone. Hopefully she will ask them again. What did you wear?

I bet you're so excited!! x

Just wore leggins with heels and a black vest top with a smart see through ish shirt over the top and a waist belt over the top. I got my grad training on 16th march.

My day today consisted of working my caring job 8-4 come home quick bath then phone call meeting 5-5.40 then quick dinner now off to monthly meeting 7-10 :-( no rest for the wicked.

Had another 5 new members this Monday. I was told because of my retention rate I need 18 new in month of feb. so 13 to go. Going to write some letters tomorrow to lapsed members see if I get any back x

Just wore leggins with heels and a black vest top with a smart see through ish shirt over the top and a waist belt over the top. I got my grad training on 16th march.

My day today consisted of working my caring job 8-4 come home quick bath then phone call meeting 5-5.40 then quick dinner now off to monthly meeting 7-10 :-( no rest for the wicked.

Had another 5 new members this Monday. I was told because of my retention rate I need 18 new in month of feb. so 13 to go. Going to write some letters tomorrow to lapsed members see if I get any back x

Oooh that sounds like a lovely outfit! I'll probably end up wearing black trousers, coloured top and perhaps a smart/casual blazer. Getting excited and nervous at the same time.

Poor you! That must be a knackering day!

This is a stupid question but the retention rate, does that mean the amount of members retained?! I said it was a silly question!! x

I'm fast learning about all the figures that come into play when your group is looked at.

I had a quick session with my team developer about the planning for success document on Friday and know it will be done in a lot more detail on my day 3 & 4 training next week but woah!!!!! Figures don't really phase me, I've got quite a good brain for maths but this seemed pretty tricky (hopefully after training it will make more sense)

There are lots of circles, diagonal lines and squares to fill in, they include figures on average weight loss for the group, number and % staying to group, retention is the number of members who come back each week, 85%+ is what's aimed for, lower than 75% is time for action. I can't get my head around it all just now I'm hoping the training next week does it.

My second week of group went well, I had another 6 new members taking me up to 22 members in total now (21 new and I had 1 transfer in from another group) I had my consultant development visit feedback which was all ok with just a few minor things to work on, so I'm just going to do my best.

Back