A diary of a slimming world consultant

Yeh I was looking into trains or drive, but I'd have to travel up on the Thursday evening as it starts at 9am on the Friday and its 3-4 hours drive for me!
Even longer for you Hannah- you live further south than me?

Yeh I was looking into trains or drive, but I'd have to travel up on the Thursday evening as it starts at 9am on the Friday and its 3-4 hours drive for me!
Even longer for you Hannah- you live further south than me?

I live in East Sussex, so it'll take about 4.5 hours driving or going by train. Thing is we've only got 1 can and my other half would need it for the children. We're currently looking in to getting another car. I'll be going up on the Thursday night too x

I live in East Sussex, so it'll take about 4.5 hours driving or going by train. Thing is we've only got 1 can and my other half would need it for the children. We're currently looking in to getting another car. I'll be going up on the Thursday night too x
Hmmm it'll take about 3 hrs 15 mins to drive for me according to google maps! Trains prob looking at 4 hours... I'm lucky hubby has a work van so he can use that and we've just changed cars so at present we have 2 cars as well as his van!!
Hopefully we'll have sold my little one so I can use my nice new Audi :)
I finish work at 5 on the Thursday so I'd probably be leaving at around 7, get there for 10 ish I reckon... I am going to try to get away from work early tho lol x

Thanks! I cant quite believe its happening lol.
Hannah and Dougal, im thinking of travelling fri morn as i live in manchester and it would keep costs down!
Its funny we will already kinda know people when we get there lol ;-)

What time do you have to be there? I haven't got my welcome pack through yet.

That's so lucky you've got 2 cars! It's just having 2 kids the car really needs to stay with them just in case. But I might borrow my aunts car. Prefer that really. x

Thanks! I cant quite believe its happening lol.
Hannah and Dougal, im thinking of travelling fri morn as i live in manchester and it would keep costs down!
Its funny we will already kinda know people when we get there lol ;-)

Lucky you living in Manchester! That makes sense to go on Friday morning.

Great that we'll know each other beforehand! Avril put a photo of you up on here. x

It starts at 9:30am on Friday but it says you need to be there for 9. Finishes at 6pm, then starts again Saturday morning 9am-5:30pm.

I got my pack through on Saturday, its got all the stuff about your editorial in it and franchise options etc.
If you don't get it soon Hannah, I would chase it up as a lot of it you need to do/have ready for pre-training on the 17th March

It starts at 9:30am on Friday but it says you need to be there for 9. Finishes at 6pm, then starts again Saturday morning 9am-5:30pm.

I got my pack through on Saturday, its got all the stuff about your editorial in it and franchise options etc.
If you don't get it soon Hannah, I would chase it up as a lot of it you need to do/have ready for pre-training on the 17th March

Thank you! If I don't get it by Wednesday I'll chase it. I've got my pre training on 15th! Excited! x

Hi There

Well done Avril xx

A few tips from me, don't book breakfast unless you want a cooked one as they provide a continental breakfast (cereal, toast, yog, fruit and drinks) at the HO Restaurant, despite it saying on your training notes it's only provided for the first day it is actually provided for both days and there isn't a charge for it.

I stayed at the Premier Inn, it's right next to the Derbyshire and I managed to get it at £29 per night for days 1&2, days 3&4 were at half term so the price shot up to £118 for 2 nights, I got SW to book it for me in the end and it was £85 through them so sometimes it works out cheaper for them to book it for you, it's worth checking. I did find Premier Inn a bit noisy though, it warns you on the website it's near a busy road though, they don't have sound proofed windows so I could hear birds chirping and cars going past.

You have to take your secrets of success manuals to training with you and bear in mind you'll be bringing your laptop kit back too. You would need a taxi (or a lift from a fellow SW consultant) to get to HO from the hotels it's not within walking distance but is only about a 10 minute drive.

It is hard work, I don't think anything quite prepares you as there is always something to do and the others are right about the money, I know some people do really well financially from it but I started a brand new group and am trying to build it up so the financial gain just isn't there for me yet I'm not taking much more than my room hire (23 members and only 18 through the door last week).

I also get disheartened when members don't respond to my support calls, texts and emails, I never know whether to leave them alone or keep chasing them in case they need me to reach out to them, i put my heart and soul into supporting them where its necessary, surely it's common courtesy to respond ti me but a lot just don't, grrrrr!

Good luck to you all, I'll look forward to hearing how you all get on, the training and trainers are brilliant and it does equip you well for what's to come, enjoy!

Xx :) xx

Hi There

Well done Avril xx

A few tips from me, don't book breakfast unless you want a cooked one as they provide a continental breakfast (cereal, toast, yog, fruit and drinks) at the HO Restaurant, despite it saying on your training notes it's only provided for the first day it is actually provided for both days and there isn't a charge for it.

I stayed at the Premier Inn, it's right next to the Derbyshire and I managed to get it at £29 per night for days 1&2, days 3&4 were at half term so the price shot up to £118 for 2 nights, I got SW to book it for me in the end and it was £85 through them so sometimes it works out cheaper for them to book it for you, it's worth checking. I did find Premier Inn a bit noisy though, it warns you on the website it's near a busy road though, they don't have sound proofed windows so I could hear birds chirping and cars going past.

You have to take your secrets of success manuals to training with you and bear in mind you'll be bringing your laptop kit back too. You would need a taxi (or a lift from a fellow SW consultant) to get to HO from the hotels it's not within walking distance but is only about a 10 minute drive.

It is hard work, I don't think anything quite prepares you as there is always something to do and the others are right about the money, I know some people do really well financially from it but I started a brand new group and am trying to build it up so the financial gain just isn't there for me yet I'm not taking much more than my room hire (23 members and only 18 through the door last week).

I also get disheartened when members don't respond to my support calls, texts and emails, I never know whether to leave them alone or keep chasing them in case they need me to reach out to them, i put my heart and soul into supporting them where its necessary, surely it's common courtesy to respond ti me but a lot just don't, grrrrr!

Good luck to you all, I'll look forward to hearing how you all get on, the training and trainers are brilliant and it does equip you well for what's to come, enjoy!

Thanks for the advice!
I will definitely drive as I have an estate car so big enough for all the stuff and I can give Hannah a lift too. X

Hi There

Well done Avril xx

Thanks Away with the fairies (what is your name by the way?!) it's good to have knowledge before we go! Thanks to Rosie for starting this thread!

Thanks Dougal for the offer for the lifts! That would be great. Although I think I may try and borrow my aunts car as Away with the fairies said we'll be bringing back our laptops! I don't want to crack the screen on the way home on the train. But will let you know. I'd prefer to drive in case of train delays etc... But your offer is brilliant! Save on the cabs!

It must be really hard work and certainly get you down especially when you give it your all and don't get any financial rewards back. But hopefully in a few months things will pick up for all us new consultants. Are you enjoying it? I suppose the thing is to think I know I'm not going to earn loads in the first few months and it takes time with any business to see profits. Chin up though, I'll probably be like this in a few months when I don't have the members come through the door :-( we don't know what we're letting ourselves in for!

Thank you though for all the advice and tips especially about the breakfast!! xx

Hi There

Well done Avril xx

Oh and thank you for the hotel advice too! I remember my DM mentioning getting SW to book it for you xx

Thanks for the info awaywithefaries and fab name lol.
Thats great advice about the hotels. Its great to get a bit of insider info lol!
Hannah i dont know why but i cant attach a profile picture-is it as im new to this forum? I may have to remain a mystery :)

Thanks for the info awaywithefaries and fab name lol.
Thats great advice about the hotels. Its great to get a bit of insider info lol!
Hannah i dont know why but i cant attach a profile picture-is it as im new to this forum? I may have to remain a mystery :)
Ah! It's prob because you need post 50 times before you can attach a photo :)

Ah! It's prob because you need post 50 times before you can attach a photo :)

Yes that's why. You need to comment on various threads 50 times. This happened to me when I first joined on here. Join a few more threads and just add a few comments on each. It soon adds up.

So everyone on this thread, how much have we all lost? x

I've lost 2st 3.5lbs so far, hoping to make that 2st 7lbs when I weigh on Wednesday :)

Back