A diary of a slimming world consultant

Are you measured on how many people attend and how many people stay? Do you have a target for a certain percentage to stay?

I would hate to think that my not staying at group is effecting the C's stats. If hat was the case I would stay every week.

I go to group as I need someone else to weigh my and record this. I prefer the support available on minimins. But as I said, if you we're measured on this I would stay. No matter how 'boring' I thought the group was.

Are you measured on how many people attend and how many people stay? Do you have a target for a certain percentage to stay?

I would hate to think that my not staying at group is effecting the C's stats. If hat was the case I would stay every week.

I go to group as I need someone else to weigh my and record this. I prefer the support available on minimins. But as I said, if you we're measured on this I would stay. No matter how 'boring' I thought the group was.

What a kind member. I imagine it would be nice for the consultant to see members stay, it shows they're inspiring people. x

Just had my two days training this weekend and it was fab, love the food and toilets. Have been in my group i am taking over the last couple of weeks and they are getting used to me now which is nice.
I have got to my target this morning and was also the greaters losser too which is fab.

Just had my two days training this weekend and it was fab, love the food and toilets. Have been in my group i am taking over the last couple of weeks and they are getting used to me now which is nice.
I have got to my target this morning and was also the greaters losser too which is fab.

Well done on reaching your target and Greatest Loser! Wear your sash with pride. So how much have you lost? I was runner up for the greatest loser, lost out by 3lbs! Boo hoo! But it went to a worthy winner.

I remember Rosie saying the toilets were fab! I'm really looking forward to training x

Thanks, I've lost 3stone 3lbs. They toilets of fab and if you ask the chef he will give you the recipes from the restaurant too.

Well done!! Such a fantastic weight loss.

Thanks for the heads up about asking the chef, I'll definitely do that.

It's more difficult to support anyone that doesn't stay.
They are more likely to leave or give up altogether, than the members who stay.:wave_cry::break_diet:

Totally agree with this. And you get so much info and support if the c is good, and other members are inspiring and friendly. I run the shop and one of my jobs is to write down how many members stay to IT every week.

Totally agree with this. And you get so much info and support if the c is good, and other members are inspiring and friendly. I run the shop and one of my jobs is to write down how many members stay to IT every week.

I find personally if I don't stay I don't get my 'sw fix' and I don't do well if I don't stay. A few weeks ago I went and got weighed by didn't stay as I had a throat and chest infection and the next week I only lost 0.5lb. The next week I stayed I lost 3.5lbs. Makes a huge difference!

Hi everyone. I joined SW in May last year and have lost 6st 10lb
since then :) I still have a bit to go.

I attended an opportunity event a few weeks ago just to see what's involved with the intention of applying when nearer my target.....well I got a call on Monday from team developer asking if I would apply now as another 2 opportunity events this month. there is a local group which would be great for me and if I am successful it would be mine . I spoke to the TD twice at length and really do want to be a consultant but I am off on holiday 6 weeks after I would take over group (if I get it ) but she has said she will cover group when I am away as she s covering it now anyway.

MY INTERVIEW IS TODAY......now I am nervous. I filled out application last night but have so many worries now. What I'd my references are not suitable, I don't mean what hey will say but as I have not worked in 7 years I put down 2 friends, one I have known for 25+years and one for 10+years. Both professional people who know me very well.

What if I do not pass credit check ? I opened new bank account on Tuesday, just to make sure I could as I have previously closed a few with same bank and was not sure if this would effect Reopening one for SW lol. I also got new credit card a few months ago so m credit is ok.

it has been so long since I had an interview, I left my last job due to illness, I am fine now but worried this will effect them taking me on even though it was in 2005.

Sorry rambling now lol. Finally although I have met 2 team developers at opportunity event who sad me not still having a few stone to lose does not matter and the district manager also knowing this and saying its not a problem I am still concerned she will take one look and say. Still look to big....I was a 26/28 now a 16. As group would not start until 6 may I would be closer to target by then .

Last edited:
I agree, last night my current group only had 48 members (3 target) which is very low as we normally average 60+ and only about 20 people stayed and most had gained and it was because they hadn't stayed the previous week!
They said they thought they didn't need the meeting but clearly they did and they vowed to my C that they will stay every week!
Bless her, my C was going to lock the doors so people couldn't sneak out! It made me laugh!
I wonder if I'll be doing that when its my group?!

And also the one and only week I didn't stay I put on 2.5lbs the following week!!

Hi Doelani
hope it went well, i'm sure you'll be succesfull.

Dont worry about references, they dont take them up.

Also, def no need to worry about being a size 16. My team developer is probably a size 26 herself.

You have an amazing weight loss and your location should make you very succesful as i here all new consultants from your region are doing amazingly with new member numbers

good luck x

Hi Doelani

Also, def no need to worry about being a size 16. My team developer is probably a size 26 herself.

You have an amazing weight loss and your location should make you very succesful as i here all new consultants from your region are doing amazingly with new member numbers

good luck x

Thanks for rely. I was very nervous and my mind went blank at some of the questions about experiences in my past job, it was about 8 years ago. W,hen it came to SW I had no issues getting across how much I love it and why I wanted to be a consultant. They said I will hear next week so just a case of waiting now.

I attended an opportunity event a few weeks ago just to see what's involved with the intention of applying when nearer my target.....well I got a call on Monday from team developer asking if I would apply now as another 2 opportunity events this month. there is a local group which would be great for me and if I am successful it would be mine . I spoke to the TD twice at length and really do want to be a consultant but I am off on holiday 6 weeks after I would take over group (if I get it ) but she has said she will cover group when I am away as she s covering it now anyway.

MY INTERVIEW IS TODAY......now I am nervous. I filled out application last night but have so many worries now. What I'd my references are not suitable, I don't mean what hey will say but as I have not worked in 7 years I put down 2 friends, one I have known for 25+years and one for 10+years. Both professional people who know me very well.

What if I do not pass credit check ? I opened new bank account on Tuesday, just to make sure I could as I have previously closed a few with same bank and was not sure if this would effect Reopening one for SW lol. I also got new credit card a few months ago so m credit is ok.

it has been so long since I had an interview, I left my last job due to illness, I am fine now but worried this will effect them taking me on even though it was in 2005.

Sorry rambling now lol. Finally although I have met 2 team developers at opportunity event who sad me not still having a few stone to lose does not matter and the district manager also knowing this and saying its not a problem I am still concerned she will take one look and say. Still look to big....I was a 26/28 now a 16. As group would not start until 6 may I would be closer to target by then .

Hello there!

I'm sure you did absolutely fine. I was nervous when they asked me about work! I've been a full time mummy for nearly 4 years. So thinking back was hard. When asked about challenges I said in a mother of 2 that's life's biggest challenge!

A size 16 is perfect! Marilyn Monroe was a 16 and look at how great she looked. You've got time to lose a bit more.

Hope you hear back soon, don't worry about all the checks, they're only basic ones to make sure you're not bankrupt etc.... I opened up my new bank account today and finally got my welcome pack! So I'll be going through that tonight... Hopefully if the kids behave! x

Dougal clear your mailbox! It's full and can't message you x

Also well done on your weight loss!! That's amazing!! What a wonderful achievement x

Also well done on your weight loss!! That's amazing!! What a wonderful achievement x

Thanks. At least when she asked me if I had brought any "before" pictures I had lol. Just feel a bit deflated today after last few days being on such a high. Was so nervous never ate a thing all morning except some fruit but makin up for it now lol. All within my plan of course :)

Hi Doelani

good luck x
That's interesting what you've said about SW not taking up references as I know for a fact that they have taken up mine

Hello there!

I'm sure you did absolutely fine. I was nervous when they asked me about work! I've been a full time mummy for nearly 4 years. So thinking back was hard. When asked about challenges I said in a mother of 2 that's life's biggest challenge!

A size 16 is perfect! Marilyn Monroe was a 16 and look at how great she looked. You've got time to lose a bit more.

Hope you hear back soon, don't worry about all the checks, they're only basic ones to make sure you're not bankrupt etc.... I opened up my new bank account today and finally got my welcome pack! So I'll be going through that tonight... Hopefully if the kids behave! x

Dougal clear your mailbox! It's full and can't message you x
Done! X

Thanks. At least when she asked me if I had brought any "before" pictures I had lol. Just feel a bit deflated today after last few days being on such a high. Was so nervous never ate a thing all morning except some fruit but makin up for it now lol. All within my plan of course :)

I know exactly what you mean. I was on a high, then had the interview and was still on a high. 2 days of waiting I felt completely useless! Ate pretty much everything in sight (which is really unlike me!) kept thinking I hadn't got it. And thankfully I did! I'm sure you'll be fine. x

Be warned not many consultants lose weight it's a fact lol coz u focus so much on other people. I've gained a stone and I'm told that's not unusual lol x

Back