A diary of a slimming world consultant

That's great she's going to help you. I've nearly done mine. I wanted to go to a gold member group yesterday but couldn't due to the snow!

Freedom from family sounds good! Dougal and I are going Thursday, I'll get there about 6ish I think.

I know serious stuff now!! xx
I've made a start on my editorial but I can't seem to get my head into it- I'm meeting with my team developer on Thursday to go over some stuff so I can ask for advice then. Plus I always find going to group puts me back into the SW mindset so I'll be full of ideas after WI tomorrow night!

I was originally supposed to working until 5, but I hope to be finishing work at 1 and then I can travel around 3-4 and get to the hotel at a decent time not late into the evening :)

I think once I've had my pre-training on Sunday it will hit me eek! X

hi everyone,
i hope you dont mind me gate crashing the thread. I have been reading with interest for a couple of weeks since i went to an opportunity event. I had my interview today and recieved a phonecall within 4 hours to offer me the job! :) My training dates are the 4th and 5th april so its happening really quickly. I have no idea where to stay though and am thinking i should stay the thursday night too as its a 4.5 hour drive for me in dorset. Also what do people wear?! smart casual? Im so excited but so nervous and if im honest am finding the whole self employed thing a little daunting xx

hi everyone,
i hope you dont mind me gate crashing the thread. I have been reading with interest for a couple of weeks since i went to an opportunity event. I had my interview today and recieved a phonecall within 4 hours to offer me the job! :) My training dates are the 4th and 5th april so its happening really quickly. I have no idea where to stay though and am thinking i should stay the thursday night too as its a 4.5 hour drive for me in dorset. Also what do people wear?! smart casual? Im so excited but so nervous and if im honest am finding the whole self employed thing a little daunting xx
Congratulations! :D
And you will be at same training as me, Hannah and Avril :) X

fab! can anyone remember how much it is to buy into the franchise? if so please can you pm me? i have to pay on the 20th and i have no idea how much lol x

fab! can anyone remember how much it is to buy into the franchise? if so please can you pm me? i have to pay on the 20th and i have no idea how much lol x
I've just tried to PM you but it won't let me, might be because you are new to site and need to have posted a certain number of times?

If you go for option 1, its £600, option 2 is £1000 x

oh ok,thankyou. what do those options include? i havent got any paper work and i didnt take all of this in at the opps event x

oh ok,thankyou. what do those options include? i havent got any paper work and i didnt take all of this in at the opps event x
You should get a welcome pack through very soon that will tell you everything!!

But basically the 2nd option is better as you get pretty much everything whereas option 1 is just the very basics and you'd end up buying a lot of stuff.

Option 1 is prob only a good idea if you are taking over an existing group where the consultant is retiring, meaning they no longer need their stuff, so they'd sell it to you (Hannah is in this situation).

Yes it's a lot to take in! X

Hey Rosie

Sorry to read you're having to hang up your PDA lol but I totally understand, for anyone out there SW will take over your life and there is so much work to do. At least you tried and its better to have given it a shot, like you say, your life has changed (luckily for the better) and you have different priorities now :eek:)

I am at a crossroads too and am having to have a long hard think about where this is heading for me, I am a Mum to 2 primary school aged boys, work 3 full days a week and do one evening SW group. (I started a brand new group at end of Jan) , I am just not finding the time that is needed as I really want to spend time with the family at weekends but should be out promoting to grow my group, I'm torn as the boys miss me. I know about the 4 campaigns a year and was totally up for my commitment to that and to other community activities and promotion bits here and there but at this rate I'd need to be out leafleting and promoting every single weekend non-stop, it's hard for me to get new members in, there are 3 or 4 well established groups quite close to mine (prob within a mile) I have had only had 2 new members in the last 4 weeks and I ended up with a whopping :/ £4.78 this week after paying my room hire and SW taking their %

I do have a solid core of people who regularly stay to group and we have good IT, they are also losing weight brilliantly, my average weight loss stats are high so I know I'm doing something right but after all the effort and time invested this week to make just under £5 makes me feel quite deflated. I never went into this expecting to make loads of money, I am treating this as more of a hobby, luckily I have my other job for regular income but I had hoped to see a bit more for all my efforts.

I'm sticking with it for now and won't give up without trying my hardest but there will come a point in the not too distant where it's sink or swim for me.

Good Luck Rosie and thanks for this thread it's certainly got us all talking xxx

Hi Hannah, i was buzzing when i came out :D
There are a few niggles with work. I work at the uni in Oxford and our term times conflict with the training days. I have a new member of staff starting on the 8th April and 1 &2 training days are the 12th and 13th of April. So i will have to train her quick so i can wrangle the day off lol Then training days 3 & 4 fall in our term time, which means she would have to cope on her own again with a hoard of students and staff. :eek:

But i want this so badly i have decided that if she cant cope on a Friday when we are quiet, she wont cope at any point, so im going to be nasty and leave her on her own so i can get the training done :ashamed0005:
Sometimes there has to be give and take and since my work have taken alot over the past few months, i think its time they gave me something back :whistle: lol

That's great she's going to help you. I've nearly done mine. I wanted to go to a gold member group yesterday but couldn't due to the snow!

Freedom from family sounds good! Douglas and I are going Thursday, I'll get there about 6ish I think.

I've made a start on my editorial but I can't seem to get my head into it- I'm meeting with my team developer on Thursday to go over some stuff so I can ask for advice then. Plus I always find going to group puts me back into the SW mindset so I'll be full of ideas after WI tomorrow night!

I was originally supposed to working until 5, but I hope to be finishing work at 1 and then I can travel around 3-4 and get to the hotel at a decent time not late into the evening :)

I think once I've had my pre-training on Sunday it will hit me eek! X

Hi Girls,

yeah i think once we hand over the pennies it wil all seem real and im imagining it will be a fast pace then lol!!

Today ive sent my hubby to work with the list of sundays he needs to book off work for the door drops lol and obv the 5th and 6th also.

let me know how the pre training goes- mine is on the 18th and supposidly im the only person from manchester who got the job :) so they have said it wont take long.

oh do you know if we can pay by card or do we have to bring a cheque?

thanks girls- it will be like we know each other by April lol ;)

Freedom from family sounds good! Douglas and I are going Thursday, I'll get there about 6ish I think.

hi everyone,

Congratulations!!!

its very daunting- some days i am totally excited by it and some days im totally overwhelmed by it!!

about the hotel- supposidly SW can get good rates for us so we can find out after the pre training.

i dont know what to wear either- im seeing my TD tomorrow so i'll ask her for us :)

Hi Girls,

yeah i think once we hand over the pennies it wil all seem real and im imagining it will be a fast pace then lol!!

Today ive sent my hubby to work with the list of sundays he needs to book off work for the door drops lol and obv the 5th and 6th also.

let me know how the pre training goes- mine is on the 18th and supposidly im the only person from manchester who got the job :) so they have said it wont take long.

oh do you know if we can pay by card or do we have to bring a cheque?

thanks girls- it will be like we know each other by April lol ;)

Wow well done! Only one in Manchester! Hopefully it won't take long. Mine is 6pm until 9pm. Getting quite nervous now!

I think it's a cheque as it says that on the letter in our welcome pack. I know I feel like I know everyone already! It's great! Can't believe we're all going to be at training together!

Hey Rosie

Sorry to read you're having to hang up your PDA lol but I totally understand, for anyone out there SW will take over your life and there is so much work to do. At least you tried and its better to have given it a shot, like you say, your life has changed (luckily for the better) and you have different priorities now :eek:)

I am at a crossroads too and am having to have a long hard think about where this is heading for me, I am a Mum to 2 primary school aged boys, work 3 full days a week and do one evening SW group. (I started a brand new group at end of Jan) , I am just not finding the time that is needed as I really want to spend time with the family at weekends but should be out promoting to grow my group, I'm torn as the boys miss me. I know about the 4 campaigns a year and was totally up for my commitment to that and to other community activities and promotion bits here and there but at this rate I'd need to be out leafleting and promoting every single weekend non-stop, it's hard for me to get new members in, there are 3 or 4 well established groups quite close to mine (prob within a mile) I have had only had 2 new members in the last 4 weeks and I ended up with a whopping :/ £4.78 this week after paying my room hire and SW taking their %

I do have a solid core of people who regularly stay to group and we have good IT, they are also losing weight brilliantly, my average weight loss stats are high so I know I'm doing something right but after all the effort and time invested this week to make just under £5 makes me feel quite deflated. I never went into this expecting to make loads of money, I am treating this as more of a hobby, luckily I have my other job for regular income but I had hoped to see a bit more for all my efforts.

I'm sticking with it for now and won't give up without trying my hardest but there will come a point in the not too distant where it's sink or swim for me.

Good Luck Rosie and thanks for this thread it's certainly got us all talking xxx

Are you enjoying it though? Thankfully you have your job to fall back on. The way to look on it, it is still a business. We can't expect to make our first million in our first month! Like any business it takes time, effort and hard work to make it work. It's like opening a shop, you need your customers to come in and spend!

I really hope it is for me! Nearly finished my editorial, it's really weird writing about myself! xx

id go for cheaper option as u can buy the other bits second hand x

That's what I'm doing, going for £600 option as my consultant is giving me all the stuff she has. I just have to pay her £50 for a cupboard she bought and its at the venue, so I can keep recipe books etc there.

Well still no word for me. Interview was last thursday afternoon I am resigned not to the fact I did not get job so expecting a letter to tell me rather than a call. The TD who had to call has 4 classes today so not expectung her to have time to call. :-(

Well still no word for me. Interview was last thursday afternoon I am resigned not to the fact I did not get job so expecting a letter to tell me rather than a call. The TD who had to call has 4 classes today so not expectung her to have time to call. :-(

Oh, have you text or called her? x

Hello all , hope you also don't mind me gate crashing , I had my interview yesterday and was told that I would make a great consultant just now my application is subject to credit scoring , I suppose that bit worries me , I'm on the electoral roll and have a credit card and bank account so not sure why I'm panicking .... How long does it take for a letter of confirmation from head office ???? I know that there aren't any positions available in Stevenage at the moment and was told I would just be waiting till one becomes available which is fine as I'm in no hurry ..... Just want that letter with a yay or nay lol xxxx

Back