A diary of a slimming world consultant

Welcome to all the new consultants- great to have you all on board :D

Last night at group, I got to do the weighing in, which is really good, and I even had a member ask me for advice :)
As my C was giving her new member talk, I chatted to this member and she went away very happy.
It made me feel so proud and it just confirmed that this is the right path for me.
I will be sad to leave my group tho, they are just amazing :) X

Rosie - thanks so much for starting this thread and for getting others involved and sharing their SW consultant story - I'd been to an op earlier with a view to starting in March & tbh was 50/50, I love the idea of helping people and being able to make some money from it and the fact it could be done around my family. However, the mission statement is a little off putting " a meeting on every street corner, on every night of the week" - that I could put my heart and soul into growing and promoting SW in my area just to have 3,4,10 or 50 other people come and hand over their money to get a group beside me and dilute not my efforts - just my takings, sits uneasily. Then to hear people are simply not making money to even cover their training, let alone support themselves is frankly depressing and an unfair situation for consultants who are slogging their guts out to make it work.
Wishing you every success in wherever your career takes you.

I think in that case SW is definitely not for you then. As I said in previous posts, SW is still a business and like any business you're not going to see profits in the first say 3-6 months. Thanks to Rosie and the other consultants we know much how hard work it is and it's not going to be money that just falls in our lap. Yes, there are a lot of upfront costs, but if you were opening a shop you'd have refitting costs, staff costs, products costs, possibly plumbing and building costs etc...

I hope you find a business that suits your needs :) x

Last night at group, I got to do the weighing in, which is really good, and I even had a member ask me for advice :)
As my C was giving her new member talk, I chatted to this member and she went away very happy.
It made me feel so proud and it just confirmed that this is the right path for me.

Well done Dougal!! It's such a good feeling isn't it?

Oh and delete some of your messages as it says your mail box is full x

Well done Dougal!! It's such a good feeling isn't it?

Oh and delete some of your messages as it says your mail box is full x
It's you that keeps clogging it up! Haha! Done X

Dougal feels grea being involved doesn't it ? I joined our social team about 6 weeks ago, did weigh in for 2 weeks but have sort f fallen into Pay in now which I love. Our class has between 65-80 for a single session so WI is very manc and he girl who does it has done so for 4 years and she s so fast lol. But if needed I could step in.

Dougal feels grea being involved doesn't it ? I joined our social team about 6 weeks ago, did weigh in for 2 weeks but have sort f fallen into Pay in now which I love. Our class has between 65-80 for a single session so WI is very manc and he girl who does it has done so for 4 years and she s so fast lol. But if needed I could step in.

Have you heard anything yet? Give your TD a text? x

Well the post has been and no letter of a yay or nay today ... Bloody hate not knowing !!!! X

I love it! I just love my group and my consultant, she's amazing!
I'm just glad I will still get to see her as she will be part of my local team at meetings etc. X

Post been and gone and no yay or nay today :( ... Hate the waiting , have no issue being on a waiting list to be a consultant just want to know if I am lol !!!! Xx

Post been and gone and no yay or nay today :( ... Hate the waiting , have no issue being on a waiting list to be a consultant just want to know if I am lol !!!! Xx

Did they not say they would ring you ? If I get no word by this afternoon going to text TD and ask if any word. Out all morning so will see if any word in post when I get home then text.

I love it! I just love my group and my consultant, she's amazing!
I'm just glad I will still get to see her as she will be part of my local team at meetings etc. X

If I get mine I am still going to continue at same group as well.

I was told I have the job subject to credit score and that's what's worrying me as in my past I've had a few problems ( when i got divorced ) although now I'm ok as on electoral roll and bank n credit card ... Don't know if I'm worrying bout nothing . And like you I will still run the tills at my SW group as I couldn't imagine not being around my consultant as he has pledged to do my tills lol .... What area are you from Deloni ?? X

Just got my call, after them trying to get hold of me for an hour lol
I am now a Slimming World Consultant. :party0049:
Now the hard work starts :eek:

Linda, keep your phone near, you may get your call today too :cross:

Hi Carol,
I got accepted too!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it, was so convinced they would say no, lol!!
Pre-training 24th and Derby training 12th&13th too xx

Thank you Dougal,
It's all getting very exciting now :D
How lovely to have someone ask for your advice - what a great confidence booster!
I will sad to leave my group too as I've made some lovely friends there, but don't think I'll have the time to run my own group and attend another?? but could always pop in from time to time to say hello!

Laura xxx

Last edited:
Congrats horsetoffees!
I've just been for a meeting with my TD to go over some stuff and its all seeming very real now!
Pre-training on Sunday and then days 1 & 2 on 5th and 6th April eek! X

Well done Horsetoffees , you must be so excited ..... I think this thread is so invaluable and chuffed I came across it x

Back