A diary of a slimming world consultant

Whoppeee I got it :). TD only got word this afternoon and was only in after class when she texted to ask if it was to late to talk..... Looks like my pre training will be 28th she is to confirm this tomorrow and my first training will be 12th and 13th April.....

Thank goodness for that!!! Congratulations Doelani, I'm so pleased for you xxx See you at training xxx

The group alread know hey are gettin someone know as the TD has been ther temporary, but I know what you mean

This is the same for me, my TD is temping at the group I'm going to have and she told them they were getting a new consultant before she told me I'd been accepted!! Lol

Post been and gone still no news nor text back from Maternity Leave TD ...... :( x

Good luck - hope it all goes well, I'm sure it will. When do we do the on line exams?? xxx

Thank you!! Although I've just spoken to my DM and its been postponed until Saturday 23rd as she's not very well and a few other trainees aren't well either :-( It'll give me more time to edit my editorial x

Hannah you are not quite right about the options.... you get one copy of every recipe book included in the £600 option plus you get the A frame and banner included too. Its not a good idea to go for the more expensive option as the turnover of consultants is HUGE and so if you find its not what youre expecting and decide to leave then you havent lost too much money if youve gone for the cheaper option.

Thank goodness for that!!! Congratulations Doelani, I'm so pleased for you xxx See you at training xxx
recieved my welcome pack, it has dates as pretraining 23rd and day 1 and 2 5th and 6th april which is different to TD told me last night. She did say she will confirm dates with me today so have texted her to say dates on letter.

so excited, cannot even get time to read pack properly as a million things to do and going out at 3.30 :-(

Hannah you are not quite right about the options.... you get one copy of every recipe book included in the £600 option plus you get the A frame and banner included too. Its not a good idea to go for the more expensive option as the turnover of consultants is HUGE and so if you find its not what youre expecting and decide to leave then you havent lost too much money if youve gone for the cheaper option.

I'm only going by what SW have sent me in my welcome pack. I've also attached photos in earlier posts. I presume that 1x sample of all current publications are the recipe books. But these are just samples and presumably will be used by the consultant for display.

I'm going for the cheaper option as my current c is retiring and she's giving all of her stuff to me for free.

If I was in Doelani's position I would go for the £1k option as her friend is going to charge £200 for all her stuff, so if I was in her position I would spend the extra £200 and get the full package, but that's just me.

Go for cheaper option as u don't earn a lot of money.

U get one of every book, then can order with u then u can give the members the book when it arrives

U get an a board and banner already with cheaper option with your details printed on

The dear option is a rip off. U can a book case that's a night mare to put up, u get more or the books which u can just order when u make some money and u get a tiny little table cloth u can buy for so much cheaper in shops as u will need about 5 table clothes for ur tables to match.

Just my

Yes they pay for some adverts but if u get to ruby which is likely then u get half the money towards an advert x

Last edited by a moderator:
I got it , head office called to say I'm now waiting for someone to leave or retire ..... I'm so happy I could cry x

I got it , head office called to say I'm now waiting for someone to leave or retire ..... I'm so happy I could cry x

Wooohooo!!!!! Congratulations - about time that they let you know!!!

Will you still be going for training now even though there isn't a group ready for you yet??

No I will be waiting for training so you lot had better keep me informed as to what happens ... Can't believe that we are all going to be consultants !!! , so till then I will aim to get to target and hope I get a place ( TD did say it might take 3 months ) but this week alone we have taken on almost 30 new members from an existing consultant that wants less groups so hopefully not too long x

Doelani & roannegreenway, Congrats!! :D

Sooo pleased for you xx

Im so excited i cant sleep, so much running through my head.

I have been allowed to tell my group when i will take over. They were so lovely and actually brought a tear to my eye lol

Laura, will see you on the 24th then :D

Last edited:
Doelani & roannegreenway, Congrats!! :D

Sooo pleased for you xx

Im so excited i cant sleep, so much running through my head.

I have been allowed to tell my group when i will take over. They were so lovely and actually brought a tear to my eye lol

Laura, will see you on the 24th then :D

That's great! I've just been told by my c that it'll be announced on tuesday weigh in that I'm taking over the 2 groups! Eek!!! Quite nervous now!

I think of better prepare a speech! x

Standing up in front of everyone is the bit i am nervous about.
I shouldnt be as i know them but now instead of being the one just giving advice on a casual basis, i will be the one to guide them from day one.
What do i say on my first night?
What if they dont like me?
What if not everyone is happy i am taking over the group?
Alot of what ifs, but these things run around in my head lol

My TD is brill so im sure she will have some words of wisdom for me :D
They are a great group on the whole though.

Oh and i got all my paperwork today. Its another lot to take in.

I dont have a dedicated bank account to use solely for Slimming World but i do have one i used when i was single, do you think that will be ok or do i need to open another one?

Back