A diary of a slimming world consultant

Defiantly don't panic about the interview as it is just a chat , if you show your passionate then that's great , and the credit score is basic so as long as your on the electoral roll then also don't worry ... Do you have an interview soon ? Xx

Well good on you for still going, despite the costs!

It was one of the things that put me off, and my costs would have been similar, as I would have used the train, as wouldn't want to drive to Derby!

And of course, there are three training events!:eek:

In all fairness though, the training is free.

I've got to get the train too but prices aren't bad at all around the £50 mark.

In all fairness though, the training is free.

I've got to get the train too but prices aren't bad at all around the £50 mark.

Yes, the training is free but by the time you add three nights hotel, as I wouldn't want to travel back lon the train late in the evening on my own, taxis and food in the evenings, you have to admit that it is expensive.

Well good on you for still going, despite the costs!

It was one of the things that put me off, and my costs would have been similar, as I would have used the train, as wouldn't want to drive to Derby!

And of course, there are three training events!:eek:

no cost did not put me off lol I had allowed for £250-£300 for each training course so not to much over budget, just might have to starve when there lol also another 2 new consultants on same flights as me so at least taxis to and from hotel will be split 3 ways

no cost did not put me off lol I had allowed for £250-£300 for each training course so not to much over budget, just might have to starve when there lol also another 2 new consultants on same flights as me so at least taxis to and from hotel will be split 3 ways

That's not so bad if you can share the taxis!

But I hadn't anticipated the cost of the training weekends, so came as a bit of a shock.

Yes, the training is free but by the time you add three nights hotel, as I wouldn't want to travel back lon the train late in the evening on my own, taxis and food in the evenings, you have to admit that it is expensive.

yes it is expensive but we go into to this with our eyes open and are able to sort out prices before we sign on the dotted line. I know I for one would not be able to set up my own business for what this is costing me so worth every penny.

yes it is expensive but we go into to this with our eyes open and are able to sort out prices before we sign on the dotted line. I know I for one would not be able to set up my own business for what this is costing me so worth every penny.

And good luck to you! x

I haven't ruled it out entirely, just having more of a think about it.

Totally agree Doelani! It's a business at the end of the day! That's what I think people forget. A business with a big heart ?

I think it's pretty decent the franchise fee as my Sister in law is a leader for WW and we were chatting about the differences last night and although they have now " technically employed " the leaders they still work in the same way as we do but with dramatic differences .
There is no minimum amount of members you need to get percentages but for every paying member you weigh you get 70 p and only get £5.00 if a new member buys a monthly pass otherwise its still 70 p , she also gets 10 p for any item sold at the shop .....
Perhaps it's just me but my consultant has two groups with 3 sessions in each and altogether roughly 250 members ... I'd rather £2.50 per member than 70 p .
I'm certainly not going into this for a life of luxury but my wonderful consultant has built up an amazing rep over 10 years and lives quite well on it .
I'm doing this because its been a life long dream to be honest , and I adore SW , just wanted to say that many franchises cost the earth so I think this one is pretty damn good ; ) x

Right quick question ... Are the three training days before you open up group , and if not roughly when ? Xxxx

Right quick question ... Are the three training days before you open up group , and if not roughly when ? Xxxx

One 2 day session before you start, then one 2 day session after group is going a few weeks then 3rd 2 day session approx 3 months after group starts. thats the way mine is anyway.

I think it's pretty decent the franchise fee as my Sister in law is a leader for WW and we were chatting about the differences last night and although they have now " technically employed " the leaders they still work in the same way as we do but with dramatic differences .
There is no minimum amount of members you need to get percentages but for every paying member you weigh you get 70 p and only get £5.00 if a new member buys a monthly pass otherwise its still 70 p , she also gets 10 p for any item sold at the shop .....
Perhaps it's just me but my consultant has two groups with 3 sessions in each and altogether roughly 250 members ... I'd rather £2.50 per member than 70 p .
I'm certainly not going into this for a life of luxury but my wonderful consultant has built up an amazing rep over 10 years and lives quite well on it .
I'm doing this because its been a life long dream to be honest , and I adore SW , just wanted to say that many franchises cost the earth so I think this one is pretty damn good ; ) x

Oh god that's terrible!

We sound very similar I love SW too and I've wanted to do this for years. Full steam ahead! I think being a Consultant is like marmite, you either love it or hate it! x

Defiantly don't panic about the interview as it is just a chat , if you show your passionate then that's great , and the credit score is basic so as long as your on the electoral roll then also don't worry ... Do you have an interview soon ? Xx

Pat the ops meeting I asked them to call me in a couple of months, mostly to save up. Thanks guys, it's much appreciated. I know I'll be fine but its just the unknown lol. I'm sure that in a couple of months ill know it inside out reading you guys :) xx I'm part of the social team at my group, and have recently started being chattier for want of a better word. My consultant is lovely and has practically started training me herself lol. She explains everything so I know for future reference hehe xx

Purksfecshun , I also am in the social team and I really do think its an excellent way to get out of your normal comfort zone ( I don't have a problem with that as I seem to automatically never shut up !!! ) .
And the only way I'm able to afford the franchise is the very timely way my dogs had puppies a few weeks ago and there pedigree mini Yorkies so kerchinnggg lol ...... Plus my hubby is a member of the last session and he knows what it means to me ...
Good luck with the saving and let's hope soon we will have cracking little groups and making abit of a living doing what we love ( or in my case someone dies or retires lol ) xxx

Yes, 2 weeks before you open group. My first dates are:

5/6th April
17/18th May
20/21st July

Hannah I still have to confirm third date but will probally be same as at was kind date mentioned, will know saturday

Right, down to some serious work this afternoon, going to star on editorial :eek: I really have not got a clue what to write.

Doreen x

Hannah I still have to confirm third date but will probally be same as at was kind date mentioned, will know saturday

Right, down to some serious work this afternoon, going to star on editorial :eek: I really have not got a clue what to write.

Doreen x

I imagine it would be the same dates, as I think they try and get the same people on the same dates.

I'm tweaking mine, it's so hard to write about yourself! x

Yes that's what my TD told me, that they keep everyone together so we have friends and it helps if people are nervous cos there's people they know going :)

The editorial- just write your story, follow the advice in your welcome pack and then get your TD or DM to look over it for you and makes any changes.
That's what I did and I'm very happy with it.
Oh and plenty of pictures as well!! X

Thanks ladies, did you have to give your editorial in at the pre training ? I do not want to keep bothering the TD before then to get her to check it, although I suppose I could email it to her once I have it done

Back