A diary of a slimming world consultant

Well I attended my group tonight and there is hardly anybody there- 11 members, 5 were new!

Hoping with the promotion I'll have a really good intake.

Having now seen my room its starting to feel real, knowing it will be mine soon! Been taking photos and drawing diagrams, I want to make a few changes in there.
The relief c is very lovely and helpful and very well organised!
She had this trolley that looks like one of those at an airport but hers folds down as my group is on the first floor so means using a lift so I need to make sure I get something similar for my stuff.

Thanks awaywiththefairies for all your advice, I'd rather have an honest picture of it all so I know what I'm letting myself in for :)

None if it has put me off at all- made me more determined if anything! X

how exciting, I can wait t go see mine. :). I got quite a few bits and pieces I stationary today, mostly in £ and did not spend to much so really pleased :). Definety all starting to seem real here too, roll on 5th April

Good luck to all that start soon.:) Let's hope with all your determination and hard work it pays off sooner rather than later.

I admire all those who are going to give it ago as I know it will take up a lot of your time and money setting it all up.:)

thanks

What has made you stick at it? I know you use to be very active on here with helping others but when you have to do it for a job then it is different as you have to be available all the time.:)

Because I love taking group. That's it really. I love it when people do well too and I enjoy helping b

I don't post much on here these days as I was getting a bit frustrated with it all, and I don't have much spare time!!

Been out tonight, all night, for a tenner!!! Ready for a big promo with this group!

Right after Easter when everyone has eaten their eggs and then they want to loss weight for Summer.:)

Lol. Unfortunely that's my training date, due to start in group 7 May which I only realised today is exactly 1 year since. Started SW

Lol. Unfortunely that's my training date, due to start in group 7 May which I only realised today is exactly 1 year since. Started SW

Thasts my start date too :D

I will have been with SW just over a year also, how spooky is that lol

Finally getting myself organized. Paperwork in folders and a box with a few bits in it.
Havent gone overboard, just wanted to get a few things now before i have so much to think about my brain wont retain the little things lol

Just started asking for helpers with the leafleting, will ask again in group tonight. That will be another thing crossed off the list then :)

Thasts my start date too :D

I will have been with SW just over a year also, how spooky is that lol

Finally getting myself organized. Paperwork in folders and a box with a few bits in it.
Havent gone overboard, just wanted to get a few things now before i have so much to think about my brain wont retain the little things lol

Just started asking for helpers with the leafleting, will ask again in group tonight. That will be another thing crossed off the list then :)

I cant sleep :-( been awake since 3am looking through SW consultants facebook pages lol

Pages. Groups. Normal fb pages. Ih my goodness lol and then twitter. ...I never could get the hang of that lol

I cant sleep :-( been awake since 3am looking through SW consultants facebook pages lol

Pages. Groups. Normal fb pages. Ih my goodness lol and then twitter. ...I never could get the hang of that lol

Im the same, i am an early riser any way but just lately my head is buzzing and im even dreaming SW stuff lol

I am lucky i got the hang of Twitter about 6 months ago, i have the official page in my following list :)
Hopefully when we get up and going we will be so tired we will finally get some sleep :D

Im the same, i am an early riser any way but just lately my head is buzzing and im even dreaming SW stuff lol

I am lucky i got the hang of Twitter about 6 months ago, i have the official page in my following list :)
Hopefully when we get up and going we will be so tired we will finally get some sleep :D

Don't think i Will ever figure I out lol

Last edited:

Hi Doelani, how are you finding the SW consultants stuff on facebook? I'm quite new to this social networking stuff! Do you just type in Slimming World Consultants into the search bar and then pick one to look at??

Thank you xxx

Hi Doelani, how are you finding the SW consultants stuff on facebook? I'm quite new to this social networking stuff! Do you just type in Slimming World Consultants into the search bar and then pick one to look at??

Thank you xxx

Laura if you do that and find one SW consultant or even your own and go into their friends list and just have a look at some pages. Most have "slimming world" or "sw" within their name so easy to identify. Very in interesting.

How you feelin very about sunday today ?

I've been sent home from work as I've got a tummy bug :( but it means I can do some reading and planning whilst I'm snuggled up n the sofa resting lol. I always complain I'm bored when I'm ill, doubt I'll be using the bored word for a long time!!!

Social media is fab- I'm a big FB user and hubby uses Twitter a lot and he's got jobs from making friends with the right people on there!!

The main thing is to make a group page for your group so your members have got somewhere to post recipes, etc.
I'd say have your own personal page and do a separate one for SW with SW in the middle of your name just to keep things separate.

My start date is 29th April eek! I think I might be the first of the 'minis gang' that are training on 5th & 6th to go into group as my group is a Monday night eek!!!

I've been sent home from work as I've got a tummy bug :( but it means I can do some reading and planning whilst I'm snuggled up n the sofa resting lol. I always complain I'm bored when I'm ill, doubt I'll be using the bored word for a long time!!!

Social media is fab- I'm a big FB user and hubby uses Twitter a lot and he's got jobs from making friends with the right people on there!!

The main thing is to make a group page for your group so your members have got somewhere to post recipes, etc.
I'd say have your own personal page and do a separate one for SW with SW in the middle of your name just to keep things separate.

My start date is 29th April eek! I think I might be the first of the 'minis gang' that are training on 5th & 6th to go into group as my group is a Monday night eek!!!

Hope you feel better soon. My start date may change as I am going training a week or maybe even 2 earlier than first thought.

Was just thinking I know we have to buy extra certificatea if we want them ( I know a few consultant s do not give them out but I will ) and stickers are free. Isnt that right ? What about new member packs ? Do we buy them or are they supplied FOC? Also new member cards do we pay for them ?

Just bought a few boxes one hopefully for certificates. Just hope they fit lol

Doreen

Hope you feel better soon. My start date may change as I am going training a week or maybe even 2 earlier than first thought.

Was just thinking I know we have to buy extra certificatea if we want them ( I know a few consultant s do not give them out but I will ) and stickers are free. Isnt that right ? What about new member packs ? Do we buy them or are they supplied FOC? Also new member cards do we pay for them ?

Just bought a few boxes one hopefully for certificates. Just hope they fit lol

Doreen
Thanks me too! I'm a grumpy cow when I'm ill lol!!

I think you get a certain amount supplied and then you have to do a stationary order as you start getting low on things, like 1/2 stone stickers you will need more of then say 4 stone stickers because everybody will lose 1/2 stone.

My consultant isn't the best at giving out certificates with the stickers, but I plan to give out the certificates as well as its nice to have that and a sticker for your book :)

New members packs you get a certain amount supplied (I would imagine quite a lot to start with, as they want to get 25 new minimum on first night alone) then you'd have to order as you need to.

A lot of the info is in the pre training pack that I've yet to read, there is a booklet on how much things cost to buy, I remember them pointing it out at pre training.

I think I'm gonna wait until I get my stuff delivered before I buy boxes so I can go to say Staples and take a member pack and a certificate with me to measure the boxes with!

My C said that's a really good idea so that everything fits and you need to make sure all the boxes fit in your car!!

I am limited where I live to places to buy boxes just picked up a few in poundstretchers. If they are wrong size for certificates they can go back lol can check when I get home. Yes taking new member pack is good idea and will do that for next boxes .

I picked up some pencil boxes in tesco yesterday for £1 each and got box for member cards for £ 1.50 in easons so saves ordering it off amazon and paying postage lol

Laura if you do that and find one SW consultant or even your own and go into their friends list and just have a look at some pages. Most have "slimming world" or "sw" within their name so easy to identify. Very in interesting.

How you feelin very about sunday today ?

Hi Doelani, thank you so much - feel a bit thick sometimes when it comes to these "new fangled" things!!

Feeling a lot more positive today, had a good chat with a couple of friends at group last night xxx

Thank you Dougal - Hope you feel better soon xx

Thats great Laura.....I am soooooi happy. Just bought a size 14 top and jeans ;-) this time last year I was 26 :-(

Also got my box for stickers. Was goinf to order of amazon but was in homebargains and they had them for £1.49...my bargain of the day :)

Thats great Laura.....I am soooooi happy. Just bought a size 14 top and jeans ;-) this time last year I was 26 :-(

Also got my box for stickers. Was goinf to order of amazon but was in homebargains and they had them for £1.49...my bargain of the day :)

Wow that's amazing!

I was wearing size 16 jeans less than a year ago and now my size 14's are hanging off me :)

What a great feeling, you've done incredibly well!

Wow that's amazing!

I was wearing size 16 jeans less than a year ago and now my size 14's are hanging off me :)

What a great feeling, you've done incredibly well!

I still need 16 in trousers but just evem saying I can fit in 14 feels so good lol

Anyone any idea of dresscode for training in Derby ?

Back