A diary of a slimming world consultant

Well done Hannah , can't wait to find a group ... Getting very envious of you lot lol xxxx

How is it going Hannah? which hotel are you staying in? x

All going well. My pre training was supposed to be last Friday but got pushed back to this Saturday due to illness. I'm raring to go!! Really looking forward to Saturday!

I'm coming up with lots of ideas in group, there's a few in my group that are struggling at the moment. Having too many syns, so I'm thinking of things that I can do to help them realise how many syns they're having. I'm quite visual so I'm making things!

It was lovely that it was announced in group last night that I'm taking over at the end of April and everyone cheered and clapped. I've had so many FB messages today saying they can't wait until I start so fingers crossed I'm a good consultant! Haha!

How's things going with you? Was pre training good? xx

How is it going Hannah? which hotel are you staying in? x

Hotel wise I'm not sure yet. Dougal has put me down as her room sharer and SW do the rest. Hopefully should hear later in the week. They'll get the best deal for us. How about you? xx

All going well. My pre training was supposed to be last Friday but got pushed back to this Saturday due to illness. I'm raring to go!! Really looking forward to Saturday!

I'm coming up with lots of ideas in group, there's a few in my group that are struggling at the moment. Having too many syns, so I'm thinking of things that I can do to help them realise how many syns they're having. I'm quite visual so I'm making things!

It was lovely that it was announced in group last night that I'm taking over at the end of April and everyone cheered and clapped. I've had so many FB messages today saying they can't wait until I start so fingers crossed I'm a good consultant! Haha!

How's things going with you? Was pre training good? xx

aw thats really nice that you are taking over your group- it sounds like everyone really likes you there so thats half the battle won!!!

i have chosen my group and im going there tonight to announce it- they have probably already guessed as they were all asking me who i was last week lol. but when my sw consultant told my group i got a round of applaus too- and it was lovely.

pre training was great- as im the only one in my area attending our training dates, it was quite nice as i got to know my DM a bit better. be warned- they give you a box of paperwork including your new bibles lol. xx

Hotel wise I'm not sure yet. Dougal has put me down as her room sharer and SW do the rest. Hopefully should hear later in the week. They'll get the best deal for us. How about you? xx

Yeah i'm also waiting to hear, hopefuly we will be in the same hotel? and its your birthday isnt it? when we go in july it will be my birthday lol xx

Yeah i'm also waiting to hear, hopefuly we will be in the same hotel? and its your birthday isnt it? when we go in july it will be my birthday lol xx

Avril are you sharing or a room on your own ? I am going to book into the Premier Inn, waiting on a call from SW tomorrow ( girl who deals with hotels is off today ) to see what price they can get Premier Inn for compared to me booking it online myself.

Yep it's Hannah's 30th a couple of days after training, plus she's hoping to be at target and I should be at target tonight so lots to celebrate :p

Cool so party time in April AND July? Lol :)

Maybe in May we can celebrate my 30th early (its November)? Lol!

Be great to meet you all!

I had my pre training last Sunday and I'm working my way through my box of tricks!!

Hello lovely ladies!

Had to tell you all that I lost 4lbs tonight achieving my 3st award! Absolutely chuffed to bits! 3st 3.5lbs lighter in 21 weeks.

It was also announced at group that I would be taking over and everyone cheered and clapped! At the end members came up to me and hugged and kissed me! So I feel quite reassured now! As I was quite worried about what they thought of me.

Sounds like everyone is going for it on the stationery front!

For the app. I used one called Picture Joiner, free and easy to use x

Huge well done on the loss and getting your 3st award! That is fantastic.
I'm really pleased for you that your group were happy for you - what a relief!!! xxx

Wow, well done Hannah :)

Another tip from me (I'm trying to think of random ones that haven't been thought about yet)

Bubble wrap! You'll get some in some of the boxes when your first order arrives, cut it up and stuff it in the top of your cash boxes, why? because it keeps the coins in place when the boxes are in transit otherwise they're all over the place.

Blue tac, get loads you need it for a lot of things, your display boards, prices on shop items, signs etc

Day glo stars ( cheapest I found was on e-bay) stock up on lots of these too as you will use definitely them.

There are lots of smartphone apps for contacts, group texting etc. For an iPhone contacts XL is good and I use Txtot for scheduling texts so I don't forget to send them on a certain day, like if a member returns from a holiday I might schedule a text in for when they're back to encourage them to come to the next group.

I had a lovely group tonight, 15 members through the door (one was new, hurray finally a newbie after none for 2 weeks) some real sharing of wow moments in shop changing rooms and of buying smaller clothes, my slimmer of the week was totally totally over the moon she's tried so hard each week but has been pipped to the post in the last 3 or 4 weeks and she really deserved it! One member was ready to give up last week, I did some mid week support and she's turned it around and said I'd really helped her :) so this week I ended up with £4.79 last week it was £4.78 so ever so ever so slightly more lol I'm fine with that this week as I can see where I am helping them to make a difference and I saw firsthand how things are changing for the better for them!

Thank you so much for all the tips and advice, it is really appreciated.

You sound like a fantastic consultant, I hope your numbers pick up soon xxx

I have been busy this afternoon. went and got my before and after pictures printed and have been cutting favorite recipes out of old magazines and calenders, laminating them and going to make a " group recipe file" then if members can supply their favorite recipes as well I can bring laminate them and add them too.

I am not even going to look at my editorial again, whats done is done so leaving it now and will see what DM says when she reads it .

Does anyone else just feel they should be doing SW stuff even though we have not even had our first training yet ? lol

I have been busy this afternoon. went and got my before and after pictures printed and have been cutting favorite recipes out of old magazines and calenders, laminating them and going to make a " group recipe file" then if members can supply their favorite recipes as well I can bring laminate them and add them too.

I am not even going to look at my editorial again, whats done is done so leaving it now and will see what DM says when she reads it .

Does anyone else just feel they should be doing SW stuff even though we have not even had our first training yet ? lol
Lol yes!!!

Lol, me too! Making notes of things that I keep thinking 'oh I'll do that' or "I want one of those"!

How long is your editiorial - I need to cut out a lot of the waffle! Think it's a bit repetitive too :(

Lol, me too! Making notes of things that I keep thinking 'oh I'll do that' or "I want one of those"!

How long is your editiorial - I need to cut out a lot of the waffle! Think it's a bit repetitive too :(

my editorial is just over a page, think I need to cut it down to one page , or maybe make the text smaller lol. I emailed TD today to ask her how long it should be and did she want a copy to check it over, probally won't get reply til tomorrow as she has 2 groups today with 4 classes in total so busy day for her.

hubby is off tomorrow so once I get home from my voluntary job we are going to reorganise my computer room to make room for SW stuff as will probably be last chance we get time when we are both here.
p

Hello lovely ladies!

Had to tell you all that I lost 4lbs tonight achieving my 3st award! Absolutely chuffed to bits! 3st 3.5lbs lighter in 21 weeks.

It was also announced at group that I would be taking over and everyone cheered and clapped! At the end members came up to me and hugged and kissed me! So I feel quite reassured now! As I was quite worried about what they thought of me.

Sounds like everyone is going for it on the stationery front!

For the app. I used one called Picture Joiner, free and easy to use x

Wow Hannah, thats fantastic loss:D Soooo pleased for you xx

My group was officially told last night too, they were lovely, so i worried for nothing lol

Avril are you sharing or a room on your own ? I am going to book into the Premier Inn, waiting on a call from SW tomorrow ( girl who deals with hotels is off today ) to see what price they can get Premier Inn for compared to me booking it online myself.
Hiya, yeah im waiting to hear too- i would imagine they will put us all in the same hotel though? X

A recipe file is a brilliant idea, i love cooking and trying out new recipes or tweaking the ones from the SW recipe books. My boys (hubby & son)are a little fussy with veg so i find new ways to hide them in the food lol

I thought about doing an "Eating out board", I didnt realise there are 80 syns in a standard cinema popcorn box :eek: So something that highlights things like that could be very useful.

Back