A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hello Yvonne!

Welcome! That's great you'll be there too!

Where about's are you based? x

I'm based in Tewkesbury, gloucestershire. There is only one group other group in our town (the consultant from that one has been filling in since our consultant left in September). So there's plenty of room for expansion. There is also another available group nearby, so I will be taking that one over in a month or so -- when I know what I'm doing more :)

You're based in tne south-east, aren't you? Or was that Dougal??

I'm based in Tewkesbury, gloucestershire. There is only one group other group in our town (the consultant from that one has been filling in since our consultant left in September). So there's plenty of room for expansion. There is also another available group nearby, so I will be taking that one over in a month or so -- when I know what I'm doing more :)

You're based in tne south-east, aren't you? Or was that Dougal??
I'm based in Essex, so more East- Hannah is based in East Sussex

I was born there and moved from Clacton to Stevenage 4 years ago .... X
How cool!

I was born in Ipswich and moved to Colchester 4 years to live with my husband.
He was born in Holland on Sea!

Just to give you a heads up, my Editorial has never been in the paper, our TD has a brill relationship with the local papers and co-ordinates all of our media, if she couldn't get it in no-one could!

She did warn me that she could probably get it in when my story linked with a local or national news theme but unless there is a link to some current news topic they wouldn't just put it in for the sake of it. It makes sense and is the reality of media I guess! It may well be different for you but there are at least 3 of us in my area that haven't had theirs published yet!

Just to give you a heads up, my Editorial has never been in the paper, our TD has a brill relationship with the local papers and co-ordinates all of our media, if she couldn't get it in no-one could!

She did warn me that she could probably get it in when my story linked with a local or national news theme but unless there is a link to some current news topic they wouldn't just put it in for the sake of it. It makes sense and is the reality of media I guess! It may well be different for you but there are at least 3 of us in my area that haven't had theirs published yet!

i would love it to be in local paper, as I have lost over 7 stone and hopefully will be 8st by time class opens i think it would be great for getting people interested. Would hate it to be in nationals ( although that is unlkely ) as always seeing stories in papers online and omg the nasty comments are terrible

question for those who have already done pre training, i know i need cheque for data protection and Licence Fees, is there anything else ? I thought they said something about insurance at the ops event ?

You have probably already thought of this.If using your car to get to and from your class do you have to tell the insurance company that you are using car for business use.

i did remember this yesterday but luckily ours already is as my husband uses it for occassional business us . thanks

The insurance you can do online it's £28

https://www.stbensinsurance.co.uk/slimming-world/apply.php

A tip with car insurance, I had to add business use, as soon as you say your job is a consultant the insurance puts you into a professional category and charges for business use, with a very helpful insurance adviser I got business use added for free when I was listed as a 'Health Adviser'!

thanks , just got my policy out and as i thought already have business us for myself and husband but liek you say once i tell them my occupation has changed that may change too :-(

doelani, i went to my pre training last night and they do give you the option to buy insurance through a company that slimming world deal with. that doesnt need to be paid for on the night though.

doelani, i went to my pre training last night and they do give you the option to buy insurance through a company that slimming world deal with. that doesnt need to be paid for on the night though.

Thanks. Are yo training 5th and 6th too ? I need a list as losing track of who is and wl isn't lol

how do i getup a profile pic?

Below you name t the left it should say edit avatar, click on it and you can add a picture, edit your signature I if you want to add something to bottom of all our post, like on mine where I says my weigh loss.

Back