A diary of a slimming world consultant

with all your weigh loss with slimming world is it food only or are you doing exercise as well??

For me it is mostly food too. I do walk alot but thats only because there is no public transport to take me from the train station to work.

You wil I be fine. Good luck with it :)

Doelani, im sure i will. I know its daft to be nervous lol

I think its walking into the unknown thats doing it. I am sure all my lists and forward planning will pay off but theres always that feeling i have forgotten something lol

I am off work this week so i will have even more time to sort myself out :)

Congratulations Hannah xx

My nerves are kicking in again, pre training at 5pm tonight :eek:

Have been busy making meals to take my mind off it, dont know why im nervous but i am lol

You'll be fine. It's really exciting and the box of stuff is fantastic. I must say I am very impressed with Slimming World! x

You'll be fine. It's really exciting and the box of stuff is fantastic. I must say I am very impressed with Slimming World! x

Thanks for the reassurance Hannah, its much appreciated xx

Cant wait to get my box of tricks, i love opening parcels :D

I've been out leafleting today for the Easter campaign, my goodness it was cold out there today and I really wrapped up warm. It all went rather smoothly apart from a few dogs that launched themselves against front doors when I arrived with spatula and leaflet in hand! My husband has gone out now to do a few for me so I can warm up, see my boys and get a SW friendly roast dinner on the go for when he's back.

It's hard to know which roads in my area to do as it was only 8 weeks ago that I was out leafleting for my new group's launch, I have decided to go out further away from my venue rather than leaflet the same roads for this campaign, so that I get more coverage.

I did think there were boundaries for the groups but according to my TD apparently not, my next logical leafleting place would be across the main road and close to the vicinity of the nearest group to mine but it still feels a bit naughty and as if I'm treading on their toes, I'm too soft I think, lol after all the night I run my group might suit some of those residents better than the others. Oh decisions, decisions!

I've been out leafleting today for the Easter campaign, my goodness it was cold out there today and I really wrapped up warm. It all went rather smoothly apart from a few dogs that launched themselves against front doors when I arrived with spatula and leaflet in hand! My husband has gone out now to do a few for me so I can warm up, see my boys and get a SW friendly roast dinner on the go for when he's back.

It's hard to know which roads in my area to do as it was only 8 weeks ago that I was out leafleting for my new group's launch, I have decided to go out further away from my venue rather than leaflet the same roads for this campaign, so that I get more coverage.

I did think there were boundaries for the groups but according to my TD apparently not, my next logical leafleting place would be across the main road and close to the vicinity of the nearest group to mine but it still feels a bit naughty and as if I'm treading on their toes, I'm too soft I think, lol after all the night I run my group might suit some of those residents better than the others. Oh decisions, decisions!

Wrll done doing it in that weather.

Funny I was thinking about leaflets last night. My venue has my group tuesday ( well soon to be mine lol ) and then on Wednesday has 2 groups. All groups are double classes. The consultant doing Wednesdays will be doing her easter promotion then in about 3 weeks time I will be starting my promotional period. Everyone will already have had leaflets so the only thing I have going for me is that the tuesday class suits people.

I already know some may leave to go ro wednesday as the consultant who does it is covering my class at minute so they may want to follow her.

I am just hoping I can get my editorial in local papet to get people interested. I was looking earlier at finances and I realky need to make this work for me and I will give it 110% to do that :)

Really enjoyed pretraining, got a few good ideas and it was nice to meet the other ladies again.
Box opened and rifled threw again lol

Half way through first folder, brain needs a rest lol

Looks like my week off work consists of digesting this lot :D

Really enjoyed pretraining, got a few good ideas and it was nice to meet the other ladies again.

That's good to hear :)

Lovely to see you again Carol, How lucky are you having time to read that lot??!!

Mine will have to stay in the boot of the car until tomorrow evening as I help at 2 groups straight after work tonight!! xxx

Lovely to see you again Carol, How lucky are you having time to read that lot??!!

Mine will have to stay in the boot of the car until tomorrow evening as I help at 2 groups straight after work tonight!! xxx

Lovely to see you too Laura.
Not sure about the lucky part, i woke up at 2am this morning for some strange reason and have been reading in between housework and trying to stay awake lol

All very interesting stuff though and will definately require more than one read through for it sink in :D

Roll on the 12th and more "school work" :p xx

Hi everyone, my pre training is rescheduled for tomorrow and going to meet my group tomorrow

Doreen

Last edited:
Good luck Doreen, not that you will need it xx

I am acually nervous now....what will I wear? What if they dont like me ?

Spoke to TD about numbers in group and she went over last 2 months numbers and at least I know if I am on 25% at start I will be ok moneywise....not loads but will get me through until I get onto 40%.

She said I should not look on it negatively but my thinking is look at the 25% and if k get my 25 new members during April promotion it will be a bonus lol

I am acually nervous now....what will I wear? What if they dont like me ?

Spoke to TD about numbers in group and she went over last 2 months numbers and at least I know if I am on 25% at start I will be ok moneywise....not loads but will get me through until I get onto 40%.

She said I should not look on it negatively but my thinking is look at the 25% and if k get my 25 new members during April promotion it will be a bonus lol

I am fortunate that i am taking over my group so i just wore my usual weigh in clothes. I would presume, smart casual so you dont look too imposing maybe.

They cant fail to not like you, we have never met and i like you xx

Thats my worry, what if we do all this work and we dont get the numbers.

Im sure we will all do just fine, first night nerves :) xx

Thats my worry, what if we do all this work and we dont get the numbers.

Im sure we will all do just fine, first night nerves :) xx

I am prepared in case the 25% until the numbers get up, bad time for me as I go on holidays 6 weeks after class starts . Thank goodness I already had most of my spending money before starting

Think everyone has had there pre-training session and got aload of bedtime reading to do, creating and organising..... not long now til training hope you are all doing well x

Denz

Have just taken some leaflets from my consultant to help her out with delivering them but just wondered, do you ladies all follow the rules regarding delivering them only on Sundays/Public Holidays? Seems such a waste to me as I have bags of time on my hands and could deliver so many more if there weren't those restrictions on when you can do it.

Have just taken some leaflets from my consultant to help her out with delivering them but just wondered, do you ladies all follow the rules regarding delivering them only on Sundays/Public Holidays? Seems such a waste to me as I have bags of time on my hands and could deliver so many more if there weren't those restrictions on when you can do it.

Those restrictions are there for a reason hun. No other post goes through the door on a Sunday or bank holiday so you have more chance of your leaflet being seen, read and not chucked straight in the bin n
Follow the prongs exactly as they are laid out and then you know you ave done all you can to get your 25 new.
SW say if you don't get your 25 then you haven't done enough as the prongs guarantee you 25 but it doesn't always work like that.

At least for your very first promotion, do everything right.

The is my second promo and my leaflets will be going out this Saturday, as well as Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday!!!

Back