A diary of a slimming world consultant

Well done :) will they let you push it back? Do you have any training dates and group details? Normally thru like you in quick!

thank you im not sure but ive told them right away I cant do pre training next Wednesday as its not enough notice.. will see how far I can push it back..

Congratulations babytreetrunk89! I have a wait before starting my training too but mine was because of holiday dates clashing with various things. Keep us posted on your progress.

thank you.. yeah I would like to start in september if im honest we will see :) very excited though

thank you horsetoffees for all that info :) very excited to join in with the journey :) xx

Well I've now been given my group and have pre training on 29 th of June ...... Will be setting up group in September as we think its best to skip August as opening a group so late in summer and plus I'm on holiday seemed the best idea and SW were fine with that . Am very excited but nervous as its a new group but with mates rates my hall with a kitchen is only £11 an hour so well chuffed with that .
Let the roller coaster begin lol xx

Hi Roanne!

I'm opening in September to. Got my pre-training in July and Day 1&2 in Derby in August.... Might see you in Derby? :)

Orla x

Maybe , I've been told my training weekend is in July but you never know !!!! Where bouts are you Allthettimmings , and silly question are you a tad excited lol x

Well I've now been given my group and have pre training on 29 th of June ...... Will be setting up group in September as we think its best to skip August as opening a group so late in summer and plus I'm on holiday seemed the best idea and SW were fine with that . Am very excited but nervous as its a new group but with mates rates my hall with a kitchen is only £11 an hour so well chuffed with that .

That's fantastic!!! Brill news x

Just seen Orla your at HQ the week after me , I really should pay attention more lol x

Hi guys still reading with interest. I have pre training on monday and days 1 and 2 at derby on 7/8 june. I take over my group on 2nd july although did get complicated as group changed days due to kack if cover. Im currently helping at group to get to know them and its vurrently running at 23 and all happy to move over to me in july so looking promising. Just working on my 25 bew members through varoous avenues before i start leafleting

I went to the opportunities evening last night, a nice group of people there, we all introduced ourselves and it was all very cordial, it was quite funny to hear them talking about all the stuff that has been put on here, obviously with a very friendly twist to it.
The right sort of questions were asked I think, I asked about commission percentages and if they fluctuate with numbers (and they do) if you can choose where you can set up, (and you can't) but it can vary from area to area.
it wasn't as daunting as I thought it would be and I left feeling quite positive, I think I'll take the advice of many of the members on here, I'll get nearer to Target, before I make the decision to go further, but on the hole I was very happy with it.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall lol ..... I went to an Opps event in January and was about 3 stone away from target , at my interview I was 2 1/2 away and being on the waiting list has helped as I'm now 2 away and with 15 weeks till I open on 1st night I'm hoping that will be dramatically less lol !!!!
Its no secret that when I went to my 1 st weigh in at SW I was shocked at the attitude and sorry to be blunt size of the consultant , the group was large but she simply couldn't be arsed with the plan and never once talked about weight losses or gains just about her dogs , she joked for almost two months about stuffing her face ( as she put it ) and openly admitted that she was bigger now than she was when she joined herself but we'd be ok as long as we read our books ....... I moved to a group that literally changed me forever , Tony my C welcomed me and said after a few weeks why don't you help out more , well almost 9 months on and look where I am going to be one myself .....
Now I'm not saying you need to be close to target ( you may have lost loads and stil have loads to go but what an inspiration ) but I really think in order to sell a product that believes in healthy eating than we need to be beacons and be healthyish ....... Sorry if I sound bad !!!!!
Just my thought xxxxx

I wrote that drinking a caramel double latte ..... Will now behave for the day !!!

I didn't mean to offend Rosie but she openly weighed 19 stone plus and she advertises herself as 13 ..... That's a huge difference that's all I was getting at , my sister in law is a WW leader and I really don't like the pressure they are under to maintain there weight I do believe that ours is better but easily abused x

No no no don't be silly u didn't offend me lol its all my own fault I gained weight lol but I wouldnt boast about it in group. I felt like a traitor for gaining when all my lovely members were losing

Travelling up to HO on Thursday for day 3&4 training. Cant wait, feel out of my depth during IT at the moment and still have one group to go before then and no back up :eek:

I am sure it will be fine, the group is really nice and forgive me alot lol

Anyone else going to be there this weekend?

Caz xx

Yes I've just got home for days 3 & 4.
Very interesting but I am so shattered, had a 3 hour drive home afterwards but its given me a lot to think about and it really helps with IT.

I won't say much more than that as I don't want to spoil it for ya :) x

Congratulation x

Hi
I have just had the call from my District Manager to confirm i was succesful at Monday's interview to be a C. Think my pre training will be 15th June and in Derby on the 5,6th July with a go live in group end of July. Waiting for confirmation that i will be taking over an existing group which is currently being covered . Would be good to hear from anyone else training then.
Gary
p.s great thread, enjoyed reading all 103 pages !

Well done Enjoyo , unfortunately I'm going up in August so we will pass lol , have to say that this thread has been invaluable....... You must be very excited x

Well done Enjoyo , unfortunately I'm going up in August so we will pass lol , have to say that this thread has been invaluable....... You must be very excited x

Thank you :)

Shame i will miss you in Derby.

Enormity of it all hasnt sunk in yet, wasn't expecting a decision so quick. Let the madness commence ! x

Back