A diary of a slimming world consultant

Hi
I have just had the call from my District Manager to confirm i was succesful at Monday's interview to be a C. Think my pre training will be 15th June and in Derby on the 5,6th July with a go live in group end of July. Waiting for confirmation that i will be taking over an existing group which is currently being covered . Would be good to hear from anyone else training then.
Gary
p.s great thread, enjoyed reading all 103 pages !
Hi Gary, congratulation! I'm at HO for days 1&2 training on the 5th & 6th of July too. :)

Hi Gary, congratulation! I'm at HO for days 1&2 training on the 5th & 6th of July too. :)

Wicked :cool:

Congratulations to you, exciting isn't it !
Have you sorted out where you are staying yet and if you are staying up both nights?. Not sure if i should book myself, Premier Inn seems the best shout.

Gary

P,s I borrowed the idea, from this thread, of taking a SW motivation white board to the Interview (put my own thoughts on it) , can't remember who posted it now, went down a storm, so thank you;)

In terms of hotel bookings- do it yourself! And Premier Inn is miles better than the Derbyshire and cheaper too! X

Have you sorted out where you are staying yet and if you are staying up both nights?. Not sure if i should book myself, Premier Inn seems the best shout.

Gary

P,s I borrowed the idea, from this thread, of taking a SW motivation white board to the Interview (put my own thoughts on it) , can't remember who posted it now, went down a storm, so thank you;)

Yep I'm all booked into the Premier Inn. Look forward to meeting you Gary. Where are you coming from?
Rachel

Rachel
I'm travelling up from South Wales so a long journey for me as well, didn't fancy risking setting off early on the friday morning.
Look forward to catching up with you.
Gary

You get the Derbyshire for £52 through SW and breakfast is included.
Personal choice but I always stay at the Derbyshire.

You get the Derbyshire for £52 through SW and breakfast is included.
Personal choice but I always stay at the Derbyshire.
You do, but SW never booked mine despite me asking several times- I ended up having to book it myself a week before I went!!

And yes personal choice but I prefer Premier Inn

I love Premier Inn. We stayed at one over the weekend as we had a family party. They are so good, you know what youre getting. The breakfast was £8 something for a full cooked breakfast, including continental, juices,cereals, AND as many Costa coffees as you could drink. Well a medium latte is £2.45 so a bargain there. They are always spot on. Cant fault it, and the room was only £49 for the two of us :)

Gary

hey its fine :) I just took a photo of mine and took it with me :) I think my training is the 5th and 6th aswell :) x

hey its fine :) I just took a photo of mine and took it with me :) I think my training is the 5th and 6th aswell :) x

Thank you :)

I took my largeish white board into the Interview in a Wilkinson's bag ! Didn't have anything else that fitted, it looked so wrong in the posh hotel where the interview was held. My District Manager said "have you been shopping when i walked in" was so embarassed, but panel loved it after i explained etc

Gary

You do, but SW never booked mine despite me asking several times- I ended up having to book it myself a week before I went!!

And yes personal choice but I prefer Premier Inn

thats really bad! I've never had a problem but they shouldn't miss bookings!

Rachel
I'm travelling up from South Wales so a long journey for me as well, didn't fancy risking setting off early on the friday morning.
Look forward to catching up with you.
Gary

Yeah I'm driving up Thursday evening too. Too long a drive for Friday morning. It's good to know a few names of others going to training at the same time. Has yours been confirmed yet babytreetrunk?

Yeah I'm driving up Thursday evening too. Too long a drive for Friday morning. It's good to know a few names of others going to training at the same time. Has yours been confirmed yet babytreetrunk?

heard nothing yet going to ring tomorrow I know my dm has been really busy setti g people up and because I dint want to start until september im fine with it.. ive already started looking at venues and things very exciting..

very classy with the wilkinsons bag hehe... I was going to take mine in a bin bag even better haha :) xx

Days 3&4 training tomorrow & Saturday! Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again. Be nice to catch up and find out how everyone is getting on xx

Just been phoned by the area manager and told apparently, I made a very good impression on everyone last week at the opps evening, and if I'd like to continue on to the interview stage with a view to taking up the offer of opening a group in September :) then that would be ok with all concerned

Well my madness has started full swing . Although am relaunching a group its complex so treating like a new group and have had to rebook venues and beg etc lol. Just doing all my online diplomas before going to derby on 7/8 june. my group launches on 9th july which temporarily is running on anotherday but curreny runs at 25 members. Nervous exvitement is an understatement
i have been helping in that group last few weeks so i can get to know the members and hopefully get my social team .

Well my madness has started full swing . Although am relaunching a group its complex so treating like a new group and have had to rebook venues and beg etc lol. Just doing all my online diplomas before going to derby on 7/8 june. my group launches on 9th july which temporarily is running on anotherday but curreny runs at 25 members. Nervous exvitement is an understatement
i have been helping in that group last few weeks so i can get to know the members and hopefully get my social team .

Wishing you every success. And yes getting a good reliable social team is essential. You dont want people who regularly let you down at the last minute, you need people who can be relied on, also people who are discreet yet friendly,welcoming, and approachable., with a professional air even though we are not paid.And if you run a Monday group, people who are also willing to come to group on a Bank Holiday. Just saying this as thinking its another bank holiday on Monday. Our group is on a Monday :) :)

Back