A diary of a slimming world consultant

See if anyone calls back in the morning , if not it never hurts just to remind people your still there .... Put it this way if I hadn't been quite as forceful as in calling people the group I'm starting would have gone to another C and I'd have still been on a waiting list !!!

Day after my interview i had a call from DM saying i had been succesfull and then a couple of days later i had a letter confirming all the details, which had all the dates for pre training and Derby. If you are going to Derby on the 5th July you need to have done the pre training by Mid june to have enough time to do the Diplomas etc
Hope you get some response soon :)

Just been phoned by the area manager and told apparently, I made a very good impression on everyone last week at the opps evening, and if I'd like to continue on to the interview stage with a view to taking up the offer of opening a group in September :) then that would be ok with all concerned

Congratulations! That is brilliant news, well done. Do let us know if you decide to go for it x

How is your group going? x

Really well, thank you. They are really great bunch, most of them them are very new to slimming world and are really helping each other.
Numbers dropped a little bit these last 2 weeks, not sure if it's due to half term or weather or what, so just need to contact a few of them and get them back! Have been getting 2 new each week, but going out leafleting again this weekend, see if I can get a few more new ones through the door xx

Babytree I am sure that you will have got the "job".

Slimming World don't turn anybody down who is keen and has the £600 ready to hand over. It sounds sad but its true. The turnover of consultants is huge that's why every area has an opportunities event every month.

Also, your TM will receive £100 for recruiting you so they will not want to lose that!

I opened my new group in January and have already packed it in. There were about 25 people on my training days 1&2 and obviously I didn't keep in touch with all of them but of the ones I did keep in touch with, 4 have already resigned!

I wish everyone on here the best of luck but I guarantee that plenty of you will not still be a consultant in six months time.

The advert in the mag says something like "earn £100 to £400 per week for 10 hours work" ,maybe some consultants do earn that and only spend that time on the job but I certainly never met any of them.

they told me I have got it but I havent heard anything since I told them I couldnt make the pretraining.. will speak to my consultant tomo morning.

I know there's a risk of losing out but if I didnt try I would kick myself x

It's sad though that SW don't value and pay their consultants more to retain them? How can they be one of the 'Top 100 Companies to work for in the UK?' They won't grow their company or their reputation if their frontline staff aren't happy.

It's sad though that SW don't value and pay their consultants more to retain them? How can they be one of the 'Top 100 Companies to work for in the UK?' They won't grow their company or their reputation if their frontline staff aren't happy.
Do the stats only include those people who are directly employed by SW - rather than a consultant who is self employed? Or, as it is an annual poll you will only ever be talking to current SW consultants and staff - a percentage of which will always be happy and a percentage of whom will still be in the "honeymoon" phase of their career with SW. Those that are dissatisified would simply have left and therefore don't actually get to be polled.

As a company they are lovely they do a great job to help people lose weight everyone at head office always have a smile on their face and u get your meals Cooked for you and every thing seems rosy. But if they were a great company to work for Maybe we would hold the higher end of the percentage cut but we don't. Maybe they would put us up in a hotel for the amount of money we earn them? Maybe we wouldn't have to buy our own ticket to the annual ball??

I have worked in many companies who have paid for us to go to the annual event. With slimming world u have to pay for yourself so I don't see why they are one of the best companies to work for :-/ although the people r lovely

Hi ya Rosie ,

Can I ask a question as its bugging me !!
I remember at the opps event hearing that SW pay a percentage of your room rent but it seems they don't , what's your take on this and did you get a percentage paid at all ?? X

That's most certainly not what I was told unless I Mis heard , bloody good job the rent is low !!!

Back