A diary of a slimming world consultant

Omg first day of leafleting and am knackered. In end only me n hubby but still managed to deliver 1300 leaflets in 5 hours with a 10 year old in tow.
Word of warning..... Everything they say in opp event is true. Its bloomin hard work. I work part time so anyone working full time and taking this on. You are a miracle worker lol. I am loving tgis though dont get me wrong. But i am living sw at mo. I open on 9th july and cant wait juat so it calms down lol
It takes a while to calm down, tomorrow is my 9th night and its only now settling down nicely x

I'm sad to say I have resigned and agreed to work 6 weeks notice to help them find cover for my group. My last group is this week :(

I can't fault SW, the training is brilliant, you are told exactly what to expect and what is expected of you, my TD has also been fab. It's been an amazing opportunity and I have learnt a lot that will be useful in life and my confidence has grown. I have absolutely no regrets and am really proud of what I have achieved, I am definitely going out on a high.

The problem for me has been fitting everything around my family and job, sadly it's proved to be too much for me, I would encourage you to follow your dreams and give it a go but think long and hard about the practicalities and realities of fitting everything in because it does take over your life. I did a quick calculation some weeks ago and out of 18 weekends since it all started 12 had been spent at training, promoting, quarterly meetings or team meetings :()

When it's a lovely sunny day and the children want to go away for the day and you have to go leafleting, when your child is in tears after a tough day at school and you can't give them time to talk, you get home from work then immediately you have to load up and go to group feeling bad because you couldn't give them time. Your family want to come from another area to visit you but don't feel they can as they know you are so busy. You need to take a week off but can't find anyone to cover your group. You are working in your day job and you get a number of urgent calls/texts over a number if weeks asking you to cover various other groups. I just decided after a lot of soul searching and sleepless nights that family just had to come first.

Like I said its been a really positive experience and I have no regrets and I'll never say never, who knows what the future holds but I've realised, despite thinking it was that this is not the right time for me :(

Good luck to you all x

Awaywiththefaries, I know exactly how you are feeling hun.
I really really think this role shouldn't be offered to those who work full time because I truly believe you cannot do the job exactly as SW want you to.
Im still going after six months but I often think of leaving. I would love to know SWs consultant turnover rate because I would bet at least 50% don't make six months, let alone a year.

Awaywiththefaries, I know exactly how you are feeling hun.
I really really think this role shouldn't be offered to those who work full time because I truly believe you cannot do the job exactly as SW want you to.
Im still going after six months but I often think of leaving. I would love to know SWs consultant turnover rate because I would bet at least 50% don't make six months, let alone a year.

In our own team 5 new ones started between Sept 12-Jan 13 and there are only 2 left now :eek:

Really sorry to hear you are leaving awaywithefaries but you need to make the best decision for you and your family. I have found all the info on this thread invaluable and extremely honest and bases on that I am still going ahead and hopefully have interview this Sunday :) so fingers crossed x

Hi Rachel,
How is things going?. Have you started your online diplomas's yet? im still waiting for my info to be able to log on. I'm trying to do my editorial at the moment and find some old fat pics !
Will look forward to meeting you in a fortnight !
Gary

Hi Gary, things for going ok thanks. Done all of my online diploma's but I got a head start because of conflicting start dates. Just received leaflets and my banner today. No posters though? Does anyone know if thy usually arrive with the leaflets? I'm going to ring HO to check. I am going to have another bash at my editorial, it's tough to find a good angle to go with. How you doing with yours Gary? x

Sorry to hear your news awaywiththefairies. But thank you for offering so much valuable information about your journey. It's great to hear you have no regrets. Everybody has a different situation and until you try you never really know if its for you or not. Im sure you and your family are looking forward to the extra time together. x

Really sorry to hear you are leaving awaywithefaries but you need to make the best decision for you and your family. I have found all the info on this thread invaluable and extremely honest and bases on that I am still going ahead and hopefully have interview this Sunday :) so fingers crossed x

Keep us posted! Good luck. x

Hi Gary, things for going ok thanks. Done all of my online diploma's but I got a head start because of conflicting start dates. Just received leaflets and my banner today. No posters though? Does anyone know if thy usually arrive with the leaflets? I'm going to ring HO to check. I am going to have another bash at my editorial, it's tough to find a good angle to go with. How you doing with yours Gary? x

Hi Rachel,
Started my community activity on the weekend, got 7 names in a school fete :)
Went to the group i'm taking over tonight to introduce myself, seem a really friend group.
Got a call from field support introducing themselves, seem really professional so far. Have agreed my leaflets and banner. Also had my code so i can start my diplomas. Need to crack on with my Editorial too, got a few ideas.
Can't help re posters but field support would know.
Will soon be in Derby, time is flying by
Gary

Hi everyone, have been reading this thread for a while Iv been accepted by slimming world and have my pre-training on the 14th of July and will be up in derby on the 2&3rd of August looking forward to it, it's my birthday on the 2nd aswell, how is everyone getting on? X

Hiya Vicky , there's myself and Amanda that are there the same weekend , I'm travelling up with my consultant as he's doing observational training , finally going to meet someone from this thread yay !!!!

I know I thought I would see if there was people going the same time, where are you travelling from, I'm in East Sussex x

I'm Stevenage , I have pre training this Saturday , so when does your group open up ?

I originally chose the 5 th but am getting an extra week of schools reopening so its now the 11 th , am very nervous yet all excited rolled into one

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sad to say I have resigned and agreed to work 6 weeks notice to help them find cover for my group. My last group is this week :(

I can't fault SW, the training is brilliant, you are told exactly what to expect and what is expected of you, my TD has also been fab. It's been an amazing opportunity and I have learnt a lot that will be useful in life and my confidence has grown. I have absolutely no regrets and am really proud of what I have achieved, I am definitely going out on a high.

The problem for me has been fitting everything around my family and job, sadly it's proved to be too much for me, I would encourage you to follow your dreams and give it a go but think long and hard about the practicalities and realities of fitting everything in because it does take over your life. I did a quick calculation some weeks ago and out of 18 weekends since it all started 12 had been spent at training, promoting, quarterly meetings or team meetings :()

When it's a lovely sunny day and the children want to go away for the day and you have to go leafleting, when your child is in tears after a tough day at school and you can't give them time to talk, you get home from work then immediately you have to load up and go to group feeling bad because you couldn't give them time. Your family want to come from another area to visit you but don't feel they can as they know you are so busy. You need to take a week off but can't find anyone to cover your group. You are working in your day job and you get a number of urgent calls/texts over a number if weeks asking you to cover various other groups. I just decided after a lot of soul searching and sleepless nights that family just had to come first.

Like I said its been a really positive experience and I have no regrets and I'll never say never, who knows what the future holds but I've realised, despite thinking it was that this is not the right time for me :(

Good luck to you all x

As others have said very sorry to hear your ending this chapter in your life, you did it though you gave it a go so very well done for that.
how much did you invest?/ lose did you ever get a week where you made a profit? You will stay on here though won't you?

You get your posters on your day 1&2 training as you have to write them yoursef :)

Back