A diary of a slimming world consultant

How are all you existing consultants getting on? Actually, how is everyone doing?
Hi PC, I had my interview tonight,I think it went very well we were all laughing and they were talking about when I would start my training and when they would want me in group!!!! It would be a new start up group not what they had originally lead me to believe. That's cool that way we can grow together as apposed to walking into a group that has had pro's running them for a while , and of course then I'd have a lot to live up to, at least this way I can grow and learn with them :)

That's fab, told you, you would be fine at interview. Let me know when ur training is, I'm going 6/7 th sept :)
Hi NikkiJoy, my first lot if training would be 2nd & 3rd of August, and the second lot 20th 21st of September they would want me in group by the 7th of September :eek: They don't hang around do they :)

well done they dont hang around with training lol. you wont have time to think soon lol. i had my second group last night and had 53 through the door and fast tracked to stage 3. im over the moon to be honest. i never believed it would go so well so quickly. im actually covering another group for the next 3 weeks now also. i have days 3&4 training next weekend. i cant wait

Is that what you want, Caretaker? Don't be pressured into when you start xx
I happy with the dates i guess, i Think as long as it gets going I can learn along the way and learn along with the people that turn up, The group they want me to run will open on Saturdays, which is a new one on me, but it sounds great as all the other Saturday groups in the midland Gold groups so it must be a good time to run one.

Congrats caretaker! It certainly does happen quickly! Great to her how well your group is gong shanning! I'm in my 15 day promotion and this hot weather makes leaflet drops a challenge. Very excited though.

I had my contract through today !!! its a lot of info but a step closer, Im also starting up a new group and in an area that has no sw groups so Im hoping its going to go well x nerves are in though x

I got a phone call this evening asking me if I was still interested, and as I am, they accepted me I have my meeting next Thursday to sign contracts and what ever else they will do but they said it will take 3 hours (really?) So I guess I'm not in Kansas any more! Here we go :)

I got a phone call this evening asking me if I was still interested, and as I am, they accepted me I have my meeting next Thursday to sign contracts and what ever else they will do but they said it will take 3 hours (really?) So I guess I'm not in Kansas any more! Here we go :)

That will be your pre training !! wow that's fast good luck x

What does pre-training entail?

Ive just received my pack and it says pre training is where you get your manuals to how to run the business and also they show you how to use the xpress weigh system x

Pre-training is basically "How to"

You will get all your manuals, sign contracts, fill in Data Protection forms.

Learn how to promote your group.

Get some great tips on how to make the most of your promotion.

Answer any further questions you have.

Everything to get you up and going as soon as possible.

Secrets of Success is our "bible" Everything you need to know is in there.

How to run your group, basic image therapy etc.
Be aware once you start reading them you will feel overwhelmed. They are large and packed with info but you can refer back at anytime. They are also on Our World, so you dont have to keep digging them out :)

Dont worry, it will all make sense once you start running your group. I dont know anyone who has stashed them away and never looked at them again.

Its also a chance for you to back out if you really feel that its going to be too much. But in my opinion, so long as you manage your time, it can be done :D

I am about to go to a double session after raising my group from 38 in May to 61 in July. That should be fun lol

Just wanted to let you know that after raising my group, i am now on 45% earnings, so i took £180 this week :D
After 11 weeks, this is starting to pay me alot better than when i started. Hang in there and you will reap what you sow xx

Pre-training is basically "How to"

You will get all your manuals, sign contracts, fill in Data Protection forms.

Learn how to promote your group.

Get some great tips on how to make the most of your promotion.

Answer any further questions you have.

Everything to get you up and going as soon as possible.

Secrets of Success is our "bible" Everything you need to know is in there.

How to run your group, basic image therapy etc.
Be aware once you start reading them you will feel overwhelmed. They are large and packed with info but you can refer back at anytime. They are also on Our World, so you dont have to keep digging them out :)

Dont worry, it will all make sense once you start running your group. I dont know anyone who has stashed them away and never looked at them again.

Its also a chance for you to back out if you really feel that its going to be too much. But in my opinion, so long as you manage your time, it can be done :D

I am about to go to a double session after raising my group from 38 in May to 61 in July. That should be fun lol

Just wanted to let you know that after raising my group, i am now on 45% earnings, so i took £180 this week :D
After 11 weeks, this is starting to pay me alot better than when i started. Hang in there and you will reap what you sow xx
God Bless you Caz, that's a fantastic reply, thank you. :)

Guess what turned up this morning????
SW C.jpg
It's starting to become very real! it's a bit like falling through the air, you know the ground is down there somewhere and then all of a sudden there it is rushing towards you :)

I'm considering being a consultant and have been both persuaded and put off by this thread! It's very good to see the ups and downs of people's experiences.

I called SW and asked if I could see the 'Secrets of Success' document - and also look at the contracts etc. They referred me to an Information Evening. After that, I'd probably need to go to a interview, and maybe even pre-training/training before I can see the reality of the expectations etc. For now, though, I just want to read through al of the guidance etc and see whether it's for me.

I looked online for the Secrets of Success book and also the contract and stuff, but it's not there - it feels like I'm looking for a state secret! Does anyone know where I'd be able to do some proper reading, before committing to the process?

You don't commit until after the opportunity event and in fact, on day one of training you can leave and get your money back. In fact, some did on my training.
If its not right for you or you have any doubts, SW would rather you back out then than after a few weeks if months.

That's good to know, thanks for the info. That's still quite a way down the road, though, and I'd like to read the 'bible' beforehand and see how it all works, and what the strategies are that I'd be expected to follow.

Back