A diary of a slimming world consultant

My editorial is done and my local SW organiser has looked at my venue and she thinks it absolutely perfect, my before shot is sorted and I'm waiting a few weeks before I do my after shot :) I have decided I'm going for the £1000 option as I want to be as corporate as I can right from the start I'm really excited now and I can't wait to get this show on the road ;)

Congrats - all sounds like it's slotting into place nicely for you :)

Absolutely love reading this thread every few days and hearing the excitment from all of you "newbies"!!!
I can't believe how quickly the time has gone as it was 5 months ago I was in the same place as most of you - just looking into the possibility / attending interview etc.
I've now been in group for 12 weeks and loving every minute of it. I have a small group (17 when I took it over) and we were at 42 last night, so it's getting there.
Would like to push quite hard in the next promotion to get to 50, but retention is a big focus point for me - there's no point getting new ones if you're not keeping the ones you already have. This month I'm currently running at 96.5% - which I'm really pleased with. Last month was about 85% (I think?)
I have days 5&6 training on 10/11 August - can't wait.
Good luck to you all - I wish you all the best for your journey xxx

Oh wow, sounds great :) I like that you are focusing on the people you already have and not the ones you haven't reached yet :)

After another lousy day at work today, I think I am going to check out one of these Ops days. I am not sure if I 'look' the part (dreadlocks and tattoos haha!) but I am guessing I will tell by people's reactions. I have some savings too, as I was meant to be going on holiday early next year but i get the feeling I can't due to hospital treatment. Looking for a change in career, even if just part time, to give me something else on my CV other than care work/bar work. Those jobs go nowhere and you can't train/move up the ladder.

Oh wow, sounds great :) I like that you are focusing on the people you already have and not the ones you haven't reached yet :)

After another lousy day at work today, I think I am going to check out one of these Ops days. I am not sure if I 'look' the part (dreadlocks and tattoos haha!) but I am guessing I will tell by people's reactions. I have some savings too, as I was meant to be going on holiday early next year but i get the feeling I can't due to hospital treatment. Looking for a change in career, even if just part time, to give me something else on my CV other than care work/bar work. Those jobs go nowhere and you can't train/move up the ladder.

You don't know unless you try! Get yourself to an ops event and see if its for you. My first group is on Tuesday! Eeeek! x

Absolutely love reading this thread every few days and hearing the excitment from all of you "newbies"!!!
I can't believe how quickly the time has gone as it was 5 months ago I was in the same place as most of you - just looking into the possibility / attending interview etc.
I've now been in group for 12 weeks and loving every minute of it. I have a small group (17 when I took it over) and we were at 42 last night, so it's getting there.
Would like to push quite hard in the next promotion to get to 50, but retention is a big focus point for me - there's no point getting new ones if you're not keeping the ones you already have. This month I'm currently running at 96.5% - which I'm really pleased with. Last month was about 85% (I think?)
I have days 5&6 training on 10/11 August - can't wait.
Good luck to you all - I wish you all the best for your journey xxx

It sounds like your group is going great! You must be proud! And congrats caretaker! You'll love the journey, it becomes your life for a while though! x

That's brilliant news , I'm going for the double franchise straight in all guns blazing, lol! It's gonna be mega hard work at first but I'm aware of that and can't wait to get started :) have you got your training days yet... Caretaker??
Im struggling with my editorial as I have only lost 1 st so far and still got 1.5 to target so my before and after pics don't look that diff at te moment.

That's brilliant news , I'm going for the double franchise straight in all guns blazing, lol! It's gonna be mega hard work at first but I'm aware of that and can't wait to get started :) have you got your training days yet... Caretaker??
Im struggling with my editorial as I have only lost 1 st so far and still got 1.5 to target so my before and after pics don't look that diff at te moment.

Dont stress too much about the editorial hun. I did get one in but it brought no members - I've also had them in about members and again, no new from them! You can go along the line of successful slimmer launches two groups or something........there's no guarantee they will be printed.
Just do you best and go full pelt on the other prongs - for me, the best success was lapsed members!

Agree with Jaylou, my editorial brought no new members either. Leaflets were every successful at the beginning and now its mostly recommendations and website.

Oooh good luck with your groups guys - let us know how it goes.

I'm most intrigued about the promotion to start with - I am no good at that sort of thing and not very confident in such situations (standing in a group of like minded people I'm fine though). Could handle doing the flyering but not sure how well I'd cope putting myself out there in the general public. hmmmm

Had my C and a load of people from group saying I'd make a great consultant tonight. Its a real confidence boost that maybe one day I could do it. I am really not happy in my current job and looking to jump ship; maybe if I can find a weekday mon - fri job I can seriously consider it :)

Hi Nikkijoy, I signed contracts and paid my money so I guess I'm in :) my first lot of training is the 9th & 10 of August it was great to meet the other new guys, and it was also a bit of a wake up for one lady who after the intro's just stood up and said "I have made a mistake, I don't know enough, I have only been a member since October last year" she then left! I felt really sorry for her :( I hope it dosen't effect her journey as a whole.
right I must go I have quite a lot of black folders to read!!! :)

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. Such valuable information on here and I have only read up to page 45! Lol

I'm due to go to an opportunity event tomorrow and I am really excited. I went to one several years ago but decided not to go for it at that time.

I currently work part time three days a week and I am under no illusion at how hard starting up your own group is whilst working. i am also mum to two girls aged 9 and 5. I have been a member of SW on and off for 8 years now and I know the plan works. I used to help out at meetings and helped my current consultant when she first started so I know all about how many leaflets you need to distribute! She has been my inspiration as she started with one group and 4 years down the line she now runs 3 groups.

Just thought I would introduce myself and say hi as I am sure I will be asking lots of question after tomorrow

Thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread. Such valuable information on here and I have only read up to page 45! Lol

I'm due to go to an opportunity event tomorrow and I am really excited. I went to one several years ago but decided not to go for it at that time.

I currently work part time three days a week and I am under no illusion at how hard starting up your own group is whilst working. i am also mum to two girls aged 9 and 5. I have been a member of SW on and off for 8 years now and I know the plan works. I used to help out at meetings and helped my current consultant when she first started so I know all about how many leaflets you need to distribute! She has been my inspiration as she started with one group and 4 years down the line she now runs 3 groups.

Just thought I would introduce myself and say hi as I am sure I will be asking lots of question after tomorrow

hi hun and welcome. definately go with eyes open as when they say hard work initially they mean it. i have just run my third group and am hoping soon my life will start to calm.i too work part time and juggle sw with that and a family. it at times is very overwhelming but i know its worth it.
good luck xxx

When you take part in an advertising campaign do you have to pay for more leaflets or is this included in the franchise you purchase?

Hi all well I have read the whole thread and I can see the difference in opinions so thought I would just give mine - I opened 2 new groups in October and never fast tracked. I really struggled but never gave up. Yes it is hard work and yes you have to put a lot of time and effort in but then the best things are always the hardest to get aren't they?? I have 2 young children and am currently planning my wedding, I work for my dad at times as well but I always fit it all in. I am strict with myself in the sense that I now MAKE family time every week. I also make sure I take a day off in the week as well. I am currently running my 2 groups And 2 relief (one of which I have bought the licence for and am relaunching in September) in August I will have to deliver 9000 leaflets, get out 150 posters and all the other promotion bits but would I consider giving up - not on your nelly!! This is the best job I have ever had! Don't get me wrong I have thought about quitting more than once but helping people achieve their weight loss dream is just the best feeling. I lost over 7 stone and went down 6 dress sizes, I changed my life and now in helping others do the same! I earn between £400-550 a week and I choose to invest quite abut back into growing my groups - that wont last forever though and my earnings will hopefully go up because of it. Don't be put off by other people's experiences and opinions - it is what you make it as if you want to help people change their lives then go for it!! I have had 2 members thank me for the fact they have been able to get pregnant and a few no longer need medication every day because of their weight loss - what other job can do that!!! :)) honestly go in with eyes wide open, prepare to work hard, understand your house will be taken over while you get organised but then you will get into a routine and it will all just become part of your life and you will love it :)) x

Back