A diary of a slimming world consultant

What if you are not on the electerol roll? I am not sure if I am!

How is everyone's groups going, training etc??? I think there is an ops event this weekend but I'm not sure if I can go, might save it for after summer so I can really give it some thought.

Had my I first group this week! Was amazing, I loved it! Was difficult getting up there to do my new member talk to everyone but I got through it! Listen to everyone's tips, experiences and views but ultimately do what you feel is right. This thread spurred me on and made me doubt my decision. Only you know if its right for you. Xx

Wow... Well done PC :) I've just sorted my venue for one group and just waiting to finalise on the other ( doing 2 brand new groups ...eeek!) now just working my way tru secrets of success... Slowly.. Lol! How many did uget on ur first night? Was it a new group or a takeover?

It was an existing group but I changed the venue and the day it was held. I got my 25 new members! I work full time too so was concerned about the amount of time I could put in for promo and the group itself. But if you are prepared to put in the work it certainly pays off. I won't lie I am shattered and doing leaflet drops in that heat the last few weeks was really hard but they generated most of my new members.

May I ask how many hours per week you are putting in with your groups, please? And also how much rent do you all pay, please?

When I was a consultant I paid 44 pound a week for rent. I put in about an hour a day doing one thing or another and on my group night I worked 6.30 til 10.30

When I was a consultant I paid 44 pound a week for rent. I put in about an hour a day doing one thing or another and on my group night I worked 6.30 til 10.30

Thank you, Rosie. That's really useful to know. Do you think it's possible to do the admin stuff on just one or 2 days a week, rather than spreading it out?

U probably could but members will message u asking stuff so u got to set all the laptop and card reader up to get to their info. And then u have the phone call meeting once a week for an hour about the group with your td. Then you need to do your paper work and the upload etc as well as do your shopping for raffle prize. Get your milk etc, then u need to go to the bank to bank the money. Then u need to do your tax return. The list goes on

Thank you. I clearly haven't a clue!

Have u been to ops? I really wouldn't ever do this job again but look at everyone else they are loving it. I was obsessed with slimming world I thought I'd love it but I hated it.

Just giving my opinion really not trying to put u off. If there were no consultants we would all be in trouble but it takes real motivation to stick at it.

U might love it. X

I 've passed the interview. I'm probably the same as you, obsessed etc. I don't have a proper job at the moment, though. I work for my husband a few hours a week, when i'm not looking after our 5 year old, so I have a bit more time than you had. I am worried about it but quite excited too, so I think I need to go to the next stage, ie the pre-training.

Got the call this morning to say I've got the job!! I'm so happy. I'm venue hunting next week with my TD, pre training on 23rd Aug and got days 1& 2 on 6/7th September. I'm making the most of the peace and quiet this weekend before my roller coaster ride begins :)))

When do we have to pay our franchise fee?

May I ask how many hours per week you are putting in with your groups, please? And also how much rent do you all pay, please?
I put in about an hour a day but only because i have a day job. Group night Tuesday 6pm until 9:30pm ish.
Upload of franchise i do whilst cooking tea on Wednesday :D.
Call to TD on a Thursday for about 30 mins but can be longer if i have issues, my TD has a group on a Thursday so we cant do much longer than an hour.
I do a quick handshake and upload on Monday to update any offers etc but most of the time i get all paperwork done on a Wednesday.
I am off for 2 weeks soon so will know if it can all be done in a couple of days, but for now i try and keep weekends SW free, unless i have a QDM (Quarterly District Meeting)

I have a facebook page all set up and members help each other in there instead of contacting me directly. I do get emails and texts but usually to tell me they cant make it to group. Other than booking holidays/ shifts my laptop rarely gets opened.

I pay £30 a week for one session, about to move venue and add another session and will pay £50 a week :)

Hope that helps a little, its really down to you how much time you spend and over how many days xx

My group is Monday so about 6-9:30pm at venue, I do franchise upload straight after, Tuesday evening I do my paperwork so an hour max, then when I had a TD (she's retired now :() I would have my PFS (plan for success) call on Thursdays at 11am for 1/2-1hour. I do my support on Thursday evenings whilst at my Mum's, then sometimes on a Saturday I'll go in the office and see if anything needs doing.

I keep Sundays free, I only do stuff on a Saturday as hubby works, otherwise I'd keep it free.

I pay £50 a week for one session, thankfully if/when I go double they aren't going to charge me any more rent :)

I put in about an hour a day but only because i have a day job. Group night Tuesday 6pm until 9:30pm ish.
Upload of franchise i do whilst cooking tea on Wednesday :D.
Call to TD on a Thursday for about 30 mins but can be longer if i have issues, my TD has a group on a Thursday so we cant do much longer than an hour.
I do a quick handshake and upload on Monday to update any offers etc but most of the time i get all paperwork done on a Wednesday.
I am off for 2 weeks soon so will know if it can all be done in a couple of days, but for now i try and keep weekends SW free, unless i have a QDM (Quarterly District Meeting)

I have a facebook page all set up and members help each other in there instead of contacting me directly. I do get emails and texts but usually to tell me they cant make it to group. Other than booking holidays/ shifts my laptop rarely gets opened.

I pay £30 a week for one session, about to move venue and add another session and will pay £50 a week :)

Hope that helps a little, its really down to you how much time you spend and over how many days xx

I agree with Sarah, very organised. :)

My group is Monday so about 6-9:30pm at venue, I do franchise upload straight after, Tuesday evening I do my paperwork so an hour max, then when I had a TD (she's retired now :() I would have my PFS (plan for success) call on Thursdays at 11am for 1/2-1hour. I do my support on Thursday evenings whilst at my Mum's, then sometimes on a Saturday I'll go in the office and see if anything needs doing.

I keep Sundays free, I only do stuff on a Saturday as hubby works, otherwise I'd keep it free.

I pay £50 a week for one session, thankfully if/when I go double they aren't going to charge me any more rent :)

Thank you Dougal :)

Should also add I work another job 4 days a week as well as running a house.

Its managing your time- I was completely overwhelmed by it all at first but now I have a routine it's easy :)

I've read through all the 126 pages worth of this thread and even registered on the site to follow in more detail, I actually was interested in becoming a consultant a few years ago with my first journey with sw, due to having a new baby and a million other things I just couldn't afford to spare the time let alone the money to make a go of being a consultant, so I went away still followed sw when I wasn't even joined and came back after my second son (as I gained 2 stone during his pregnancy due to junk cravings which made me feel so rotten :( ) so I started my journey all over and reached they 24 December 2012, as I've got used to being as target I've noticed my confidence increasing. I'm more outspoken in group I offer advice syn values new recipes and feel that sw is my life now so was already thinking about attending the next opportunity event but wasn't quite dedicated enough to just jump and then my consultant told the whole group last week she was resigning and that we'd be back where we were 2 years previously countless temps. I felt that this was/is the perfect time to maybe jump for me into it and see if I can actually follow my dream in the early posts of this thread I felt the enthusiasm Rosie explained watched her progress into the consultancy world and enjoying it then I watched it wane in her and a lot of other new consultants and wondered why as i got nearer to the end my enthusiasm has wavered and now I'm a little worried that I'm letting myself into a burn out job if I go for it, I'm now not sure it's the right thing for me yes I don't work at all I'm a stay at home mummy to a 4 year old and 16 month so I have a lot of time to give and passion motivation and definitely dedication but I'm just wondering if it will now be misplaced in slimming world as a business, I've asked lots of questions to my consultant and we even spent 6 hours last night (at her house) just talking about how sw does take over every aspect of her life and she's giving up because its now just taken over her family and the constant pushing from the td is although motivating is also depressing and the profits she's making isn't worth it for her. So now I'm back on the fence about going to the opportunities event August 11th I'm going to go and see if the information there then spurs me back into or just to finalise in my mind if its the right road for me to take now

please if you have any good questions I can ask at the event send them my way, as I'm drawing a blank at the current moment :) Tia

and thank you to all the people who have commented here both positive and negative experiences its nice to see a company for what it is rather than through those notorious rosé tinted spec

Back