A diary of a slimming world consultant

Don't forget its not just the franchise u pay. It's the tax it's the petrol its the hotel costs and food while ur there it's the stationary etc

Thats one of the reason I'm so nosey at the moment would rather know all the costs upfront then them spring on me later if I decide to go for it, it's better to have the whole picture rather than just half, I've always been that way maybe it's too over organised but least they can't spring surprise costs on me lol

Ok so just back from Day1-2 training and yippee im now classed as a consultant , my head is exploding ( was expected ) and am nervous excited and raring to go .......
Must say it was a lot easier travelling with Tony ( My con ) and Amanda ( my fellow member ) as we all get on so well ......
Had a great time meeting all the field opps team and sneaking extra stationary and leaflets ( as I said it helps to go with a Gold Consultant lol ) as you get there perks !!!!
Food was amazing in the restaurant and am completely bloated out on fruit lol ......
Loved the Derbyshire hotel and most certainly loved the brekky ( umm might be why I'm bloated lol ).
Gonna spend tom playing with the PDA and start finalising my 15 day plan .......
Now just to master the bloody new member talk !!!!!

How did it go for you? You sound very enthusiastic and exciting which is always a good thing, can I be nosey and ask how long between your interview and 1st day of training? Sounds very much snowballing kind of effect lol everything's moving nice and swiftly for you now :)

How did it go for you? You sound very enthusiastic and exciting which is always a good thing, can I be nosey and ask how long between your interview and 1st day of training? Sounds very much snowballing kind of effect lol everything's moving nice and swiftly for you now :)
Nikki, I had my interview 2 weeks ago and they wanted me to go on the same training as Roanne's!!!!! But mine is now next week so very quickly I'd say, although it's probably down to how many spaces there are within your area as to how quick they need to fill them IMHO

I must just stress how vital it is that you DRIVE. Not only for training but the main reason is you have to get too and from your venue with all your stuff to set up group- scales, PDA, laptop, HiFi bars, magazines, books, visuals, cash tins, etc.

You MUST drive, they won't accept you if you don't as it would be impossible to run a group (unless you are lucky enough to live next door and don't mind several trips in and out carrying all your stuff in).

Nikki , my ops event was in January and my interview was in May ( so to me it wasn't rushed ) I chose my venue and I chose what month is go into group ( I chose September as its the Autumn Campaign and more chance of cracking it ) plus I had a holiday in August .
Can honestly say that SW have always been honest in saying it takes a lot of effort to succeed and they have always fairly shown both sides of the coin to me ( as in one group might have 100 members and the con making a good earning and the flip side there are cons that have never passed 20 members and are either at a loss or making a couple of pound ( we have a local lady that's been a Con since November and still only has 14 members so never has made stage 1 ) .... These things happen and people must be aware , but I'm lucky to be surrounded by people that want me to succeed !!!!

I went to the opps in January and interview in May , I chose my venue and my month to open as I wanted it to collide with the Autumn Campaign x

I must just stress how vital it is that you DRIVE. Not only for training but the main reason is you have to get too and from your venue with all your stuff to set up group- scales, PDA, laptop, HiFi bars, magazines, books, visuals, cash tins, etc.

You MUST drive, they won't accept you if you don't as it would be impossible to run a group (unless you are lucky enough to live next door and don't mind several trips in and out carrying all your stuff in).

As I'd be taking over a group local to me whereby my consultant has a cupboard with the items stored in it bar the scales, PDA and laptop those are the 3 things I'd be transporting and I live just along the road from the venue I'd be taking over and have been told by the Dm I actually don't need to be driving as the venue is willing to carry the storage onto the next consultant. If I do have to drive then now won't be the right time for me obviously but going to the opp event will give me all the information I need when the time is right but thank you :)

Nikki, I had my interview 2 weeks ago and they wanted me to go on the same training as Roanne's!!!!! But mine is now next week so very quickly I'd say, although it's probably down to how many spaces there are within your area as to how quick they need to fill them IMHO

Wow that sounds very quick snowball effect, I think it would be the same here as the near 6 areas are relying on my one group that is being covered by temps from 3 weeks onwards so I assume they'll be trying to get a permanent in quick

Nikki , my ops event was in January and my interview was in May ( so to me it wasn't rushed ) I chose my venue and I chose what month is go into group ( I chose September as its the Autumn Campaign and more chance of cracking it ) plus I had a holiday in August .
Can honestly say that SW have always been honest in saying it takes a lot of effort to succeed and they have always fairly shown both sides of the coin to me ( as in one group might have 100 members and the con making a good earning and the flip side there are cons that have never passed 20 members and are either at a loss or making a couple of pound ( we have a local lady that's been a Con since November and still only has 14 members so never has made stage 1 ) .... These things happen and people must be aware , but I'm lucky to be surrounded by people that want me to succeed !!!!

Its nice to see that if I do want to take a slightly slower approach that slimming world will support that and round our area there are actual lacking in groups, I looked over my consultants figures when we discussing it and on a bad week she was still making £40 after all the outgoings which I'd be happy with as its lowest obviously the more you put in the more you put in the more you get out and I would definitely promote a lot as my consultant admitted to me my area hadn't been campaigned in about a year so lots of potential to grow the group a bit but even if that doesn't happen I can live by on enough to support the group too :)

I drive but don't have a car so I'm pretty much ferried around by hubby or my consultant or my colleague Amanda ( we live close and are opening pretty much at the same time ) , must say that there are quite a lot of things to attend if you pass the interview ( so far have had 2 team meetings , 1 Quarterly meeting , 4 TD meetings 1 Pre Training plus practice sessions with my Con ) these have pretty much all been in either a Friday Evening or Sunday daytime and range from 2 - 5 hours ) and that's from June the 29th so it gets full on in the beginning and with small children you need to plan like I did and be accurate with your diary dates ..... Also bear in mind the 15 days of non stop promoting as I moved my opening date to fit In with my 3 year old starting morning pre school so I could get time away ..... As long as you plan ahead and accept that for a very small part initially it consumes you , you will be fine xx

I drive but don't have a car so I'm pretty much ferried around by hubby or my consultant or my colleague Amanda ( we live close and are opening pretty much at the same time ) , must say that there are quite a lot of things to attend if you pass the interview ( so far have had 2 team meetings , 1 Quarterly meeting , 4 TD meetings 1 Pre Training plus practice sessions with my Con ) these have pretty much all been in either a Friday Evening or Sunday daytime and range from 2 - 5 hours ) and that's from June the 29th so it gets full on in the beginning and with small children you need to plan like I did and be accurate with your diary dates ..... Also bear in mind the 15 days of non stop promoting as I moved my opening date to fit In with my 3 year old starting morning pre school so I could get time away ..... As long as you plan ahead and accept that for a very small part initially it consumes you , you will be fine xx

Thank you for the heads up on planning for little ones I have 2 one 4 years old and one 16 month old, I'm lucky because my partner does 3 nights a week (weekend though) so I have the daily care sorted there it would just be covering for Sunday day time I'd need to sort which I can probably arrange between the grandparents :)

As I'd be taking over a group local to me whereby my consultant has a cupboard with the items stored in it bar the scales, PDA and laptop those are the 3 things I'd be transporting
Do you know how heavy the scales are? And where will you keep your stocks of Hifi bars and also your stock deliveries books mags Hifi bars? Will they get delivered to the venue or your doorstep? You would also be given your PDA and Scales when you go to training how would you get them home? I have to say it does sound like a bit of a problem area to me mate :(

I think I'm going to attend the next one!!

hiw do you do your tax though - do you work it out and put it in a bank account somewhere?
Are thr meetins etc fairly flexible or are the dates known well in advance? I only work part time and getting days off is no problem usually as long as it is well in advance.

The meetings as far as I can see are all planned well in advanced. I asked about the meetings because I thought that they were during the day but they aren't phew! And the 1/4s are held in a hotel I think up my way they are anyway :) go for it mate :)

Ah good. Think i could clear it with work it I had the dates. I work every other weekend (Sundays) but could probably arrange afternoon cover. What time are they usually?

The Quarterly's are usually 10-2 on a Sunday every 3 months, team meetings are a Friday evening 7-10 and they are once a month.
Training at HO is Friday, Saturday for days 1-4 and days 5-6 are more flexible- they do them mostly Saturday, Sunday but there is weekday courses and you can choose the dates (obviously when they are running the courses that is).
Leafleting is 3 Sundays in a row for each campaign, if a Bank holiday falls in that time, you can leaflet then too.

Ahh the Sunday will be easy. I can start a late shift at 3 so provided its local ill be fine.
fridays might be a bit more tricky, I sometimes work down in London on weekends so no hope there!!!

hq training will be easy to sort too, I'd drive my campervan up there and kip in there so no silly hotel fees. Leafleting will be the hardest one as I can't really get 3 Sundays in a row off unless people are super flexible and will swap. Need to give it some thought as although I'm part timr my hours are quite restrictive. An thinking of switching jobs anyway to a more normal one so that would give me more leeway.
Mcheers for info!

Hi all. This is my first post, I attended an opportunities event on Saturday and got a phone call today inviting me to an interview next week. If I'm successful everything could go fast, days 1&2 of training early next month! I read this whole thread and its all great information, thanks so much to everyone that posted their experiences. I've only been a member of SW for 6 weeks but have lost 1 stone 1 lb, it's amazing I love it so much it has become a way of life. Only 13lb to go to target which I hope to achieve before I go into group. I know it's soon in my weight loss journey to be trying to become a consultant but there are lots of opportunities in my area right now and I have the time available to do the start up promotion as I'm on maternity leave, got a 5 month baby and a toddler 2 1/2. I looked it up and you can work in a self employed capacity whilst on maternity leave without losing your mat pay which is awesome. I'm ready to give it my all.

Well by the skin of my teeth I have passed two of the Diplomas "Food Optimising" 99.8 and "Body Magic" 100% only another 4 to go then!! Does anyone else think they aren't really worth anything? I was told by my TD to sit there with both volumes of Secrets of Success open :rolleyes:

Wow read all 129 pages. Brilliant to see all the positive stories but more importantly for me the negative. I would love to become a consultant and was considering going to an opp event once I finished my nursing preceptorship.

Reading this thread has clued me into the reality of the job and whilst I'd still love to one day take the plunge I just don't think I would be able to take on the work on top of the demands I get from my nursing.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed though, it's clear this thread was been a long time coming for a lot of people.

Good luck everyone starting out or continuing in the role :)

Back