A diary of a slimming world consultant

Lol Anyway lets get back to what this thread is for. Helping our paying members and getting your numbers up. We would obviously suggest anyone joins a group wether is your group or a colleagues.

I have moved the posts asking about syn values off this thread to the Syn value forum

Another 2 diplomas done so I have 2 left To be done :)

Got my contract through!! Trying to put together an editorial. Off venue hunting tomorrow with my TD. Very excited about it all :)

Good luck Sarah i hope your search goes well ;)

Got the call this morning to say I've got the job!! I'm so happy. I'm venue hunting next week with my TD, pre training on 23rd Aug and got days 1& 2 on 6/7th September. I'm making the most of the peace and quiet this weekend before my roller coaster ride begins :)))

When do we have to pay our franchise fee?
I'm doing my training 6/7th sept too so will see you soon x

Ok I'm panicking now... Had my pre training and go to derby 6/7th sept... I have no TD ... Off sick and not been given another! I've had to sort my venues out myself for 2 brand new meeting... 1 sorted the other not as yet! Feel very alone ad not sure what I'm doing, I have no social team for either group and its just me leafleting 6000 for my 2 meetings!! Not been told about any quarterly or team meetings ... Just feel I'm sat reading secrets of success and not sure what else I should be doing, not had my code yet so can't do online diplomas and told I won't get code till venues sorted but I'm just doing this all by myself :( still wanting to do this but feel a bit out on a limb....

I would get in touch with your area manager for some guidance and advice, getting the right venue is really important. Availability for 52 weeks of the year, and a good sized room. it also helps if your venue will let you have your banner up. Some schools and churches say no.
Visit other local groups, I rang a couple of Consultants to ask if it would be ok to come along and observe.
You can set your social team up when your group is up and running, and for your 1st 2 nights, ask members of the group you get weighed at, to help on your opening night and delivering leaflets.
Don't panic, email or call your area manager first.xx

Good luck everyone. I would have gone for my training on the 6th/7th September but have decided to pull out. I was extremely concerned about the number of weekends involved (at least 1 out of every 2) because my husband works shifts and I might never see him!!!

The group I get weighed at is in another area tomy meetings I'm opening so finding that people there are reluctant to travel, have asked friends but all seem too busy with their own things and have no family to help either.... Guess it will all come right in the end, just a few nerves ... Think I will feel better once I've done my training at derby

Ah that's a shame Twinkle. You have to do what is best for you and if you feel it won't fit in with your home life then that really comes first

Oh Nikki it sounds like you are not having a great time at the moment. I am sure once you have been on day 1 and 2 you will feel much more settled and raring to go.

I have been out venue hunting today and thankfully I have found somewhere so it's all systems go for me now. I'm finding it hard to put my editorial together though as I hate talking about myself. Something I need to get over I suppose lol.

Hey guys, I will hopefully be joining those of you doing training on 6th/7th Sep if I pass my interview next week.

I have a question about the training days - so I've read in this thread the days are 9am-6pm, can I ask what breaks you get during that day?

The reason I ask is I have a 5 month old breastfed baby. The one time I expressed and left a bottle of breast milk with my husband he took it no problem, but its always possible he may refuse next time as he's only ever had thag one bottle. I'm wondering whether to take my mum and baby with me, and go to hotel room to feed him in the breaks, or leave him at home with husband and lots of expressed milk. I would still need to express milk during breaks if I took this option.

Anyone with any advice id be very grateful xx

Hi Ya Nikki , ok your gonna need to beg and plead with family members and friends because 6k leaflets is a lot on your own !!! ( never be afraid to ask people as my line has been to my mates do you want to see me fail or can you spare me two hours on a Sunday ) .... Also I have no TD and our area manager is on Maternity and the relief cover is now on sick leave !!! But I'm fortunate to have a great cons that has pointed out everything I need to do .....

So maybe your plan of action is to call HO tom and ask for help ( its a sign of strength not weakness ) and get a field op manager in to help resolve a lot of the issues as you should never feel alone ....

Let me say that your doing great so far so bloody well done and lets get you some substantial help ( can you tell I've done training lol ) .... Feel free to message me anytime if you need an ear xxx

Hi ya DLovesSW,

The breaks are only 15 mins and you wouldn't have time to get back to the hotel and if you run over ( like we did ) our lunch was reduced .....

Im not ever one to say what to do but you need time to concentrate and take it all in and I would hate you to worry about keeping to a schedule , if it were me and I have 3 kids I'd leave em with daddy so you can have your experience and take it all in ..... Is that ok xx

There were two 15 min tea break and a 50 min lunch break on both days ( sorry forgot that bit ) this was last weekend so quite current xx

Thanks roanne that's very helpful. It seems the best option will be to leave baby at home with daddy. How wonderful it would be to have a few days and nights baby free! (Though I'd miss him of course!)

Back