A diary of a slimming world consultant

DLovesSW , I actually found the training so draining ( a lot to take in ) that I was glad that Katie ( 3 ) Pres ( 7 ) and Toby (16 ) were at home with there dad as I really needed the break , looking forward to days 3-4 in September now so roll on another 2 free kids days lol ....
Good luck with the interview x

Days 5&6 training this weekend - really looking forward it. Have heard some great things about these 2 days.
Glad everyone is getting well with their journeys xx

Just to let people know I have decided to pull out of my consultant post that I have signed up for, there are various reasons which i won't be going into, does anyone know how long they will keep my money?

I have no idea. Have the already taken the money off u? Mine was a cheque so don't think they cashed it til I did day one of training

Just to let people know I have decided to pull out of my consultant post that I have signed up for, there are various reasons which i won't be going into, does anyone know how long they will keep my money?
I'm sorry to hear that you are not going ahead, can always consider in the future.
I'm sure when we went to training days 1 and 2 they asked us if we wanted to change our mind so should be ok.

Oh that's a shame The Caretaker. I wish you well and thank you for your helpful posts on here.

I have found a venue :) so I can't wait to get up to Derby now and start training. Itching to get going now really! I've set up a Facebook group in preparation but not added anyone to it yet and I've been buying bits ready for when my group launched on 9th October.

Hope everyone gets on well with their relevant training :). I've had to postpone days 3 and 4 as I'm away that week so I will be doing them in November instead.

Thanks roannegreenway for your advice I seriously have no family to ask but will be asking friends again nearer the time, hopefully some will be forthcoming x hay sarahc I will see u at training... Can't wait to meet other trainees as at the mo feel quite alone in all this, so will be nice to know I'm not the only one :)

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to read all the posts on this fab thread over the past few weeks... I've managed to read the first pages, and most recent pages, but haven't yet had the time to read the bits in the middle.

I just wanted to pop on and introduce myself! I've recently had my interview and been accepted to become a Consultant! I have my pre-training next Saturday (17th) then I'm off to Derby for days 1 & 2 at the end of the month (30th/ 31st August). I've been a Slimming World member in the past and left when I became pregnant. I returned when my daughter was 2 months old and have lost almost 3½ stone in 6 months. I still have about 3 stone to lose until I reach a healthy BMI though, so I'm in the middle of my SW journey. I am starting a new group, which is out in the sticks. I'm currently trying to get a venue so have some phone calls to make! Am nervous but excited!!

Just a couple of questions before I have a chance to catch up on the middle part of this thread!
1.) Which hotel do most trainees stay at whilst training? Do SW reserve rooms that you can book?
2.) Is there anyone else here going to be at training on 30th/ 31st August?

xx

I stayed at the Derbyshire and slimming world booked that for me and breakfast was included but u will prob b too nervous to eat like I was or u will blow your diet on the great fry up lol. The rooms are nice but for the price I think they were a little dated think we paid something like 60 pound for the two nights. If your staying alone it would be 120 for yourself I believe but it's cheaper to share a room.

There is a premier inn or travel lodge over the road ( the others will confirm) and ive been told that was cheaper and did the job. Everyone goes over there for dinner any way as it has a restaurant. It gets taken over with consultants.

When I was at the Derbyshire it snowed so bad we had to all join together as one army and each other out the snow one by one. Slimming world is a great unity and wonderful company to work for. It just wasn't right for me and I wasn't earning enough to justify the time I was losing with the family and friends.

Good luck with it all!! X

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to read all the posts on this fab thread over the past few weeks... I've managed to read the first pages, and most recent pages, but haven't yet had the time to read the bits in the middle.

I just wanted to pop on and introduce myself! I've recently had my interview and been accepted to become a Consultant! I have my pre-training next Saturday (17th) then I'm off to Derby for days 1 & 2 at the end of the month (30th/ 31st August). I've been a Slimming World member in the past and left when I became pregnant. I returned when my daughter was 2 months old and have lost almost 3½ stone in 6 months. I still have about 3 stone to lose until I reach a healthy BMI though, so I'm in the middle of my SW journey. I am starting a new group, which is out in the sticks. I'm currently trying to get a venue so have some phone calls to make! Am nervous but excited!!

Just a couple of questions before I have a chance to catch up on the middle part of this thread!
1.) Which hotel do most trainees stay at whilst training? Do SW reserve rooms that you can book?
2.) Is there anyone else here going to be at training on 30th/ 31st August?

xx

Im going on the 30/31st for training day 1&2, and I have pre training on the 17th :-D x

so sorry to hear your not going ahead caretaker x

Im going on the 30/31st for training day 1&2, and I have pre training on the 17th :-D x

Ah, I will see you there then! Your info says you're from Gloucester... where are you going for pre-training on Saturday? I'm in Bristol so going to Almondsbury.

Have you decided when you'll be traveling to Derby? I was going to drive up on the Friday morning, but now considering leaving about 8pm the night before and staying two nights. The only thing putting me off is I'm going to be leaving my 8 month old baby overnight for the first time!

:) x

Ah, I will see you there then! Your info says you're from Gloucester... where are you going for pre-training on Saturday? I'm in Bristol so going to Almondsbury.

Have you decided when you'll be traveling to Derby? I was going to drive up on the Friday morning, but now considering leaving about 8pm the night before and staying two nights. The only thing putting me off is I'm going to be leaving my 8 month old baby overnight for the first time!

:) x

See you sat then :-D Im going Friday morning as I also have a 9 month baby and leaving him for the first time too I think there is one other going from Gloucester so hoping to sort out car share as well as can go half one petrol too x

Well what can i say, I know i previously stated that I wouldn't be continuing with my journey, but 4 days is a long time in Matt's world! :rolleyes: I had a really bad day leading up to the morning of the 1st training day, and if your sitting comfortably i'll begin..............
As I was packing the last few things into my case i just thought i should read the room confirmation email from the Derbyshire again, and right at the very bottom it said "YOU MUST RING TO CONFIRM THAT YOU WANT THE ROOM BEFORE TURNING UP." And I hadn't, so a bit annoyed with myself and a bit panicky i started out slightly earlier so that when I arrived at the SW Head Office i could phone them then, the drive up was as smooth as a baby's proverbial, but as I approached junction 28, where you turn off i couldn't see the turn off to SW, so ended up driving round some very scenic areas of Derby, eventually i did find the HO, but as i got in there were no and i mean NOT ONE parking spot! so now it's getting very near me being late for the whole thing, i decided to leave the car at the end of a parking area in the road but just as i was parking a guy wearing a SW jacket said I'm afraid you can't park there sir! to which i snapped back well it's training and there is nowhere to park how stupid is that! i continued, this is ridiculous this is no way to run a company! he then said "well if you go round to the back and go through the bollards at the back there's parking for about 50 cars, to which i said, so where are the signs for that fact!!! (if i see him again i will apologise for being a Jerk!) anyway i parked and dashed back to the reception where by this time everyone had gone up and had a drink and a chat i had a huge luminous green badge given to me with my name on and thats when the very polite lady at the counter said could you please sign in and that was when i realised i had left my reading glasses in the car!!!!:sigh: so i had to go back and get them!:eek: when i got back (again) they had now all finished their drink and were making their way into the the meeting room, so i dashed up and joined them and couldn't find anyone i knew so i just sat in a gap, the first thing Debbie said was please can i ask you all to turn your phones off, AHHHH! i still hadn't phoned the hotel to confirm! :eek: so i thought i know i'll do it at break, so the first section rushes by and it's break, i get into the restaurant get myself a tea and turn the phone back on and would you believe it the Bleddy thing won't come back on!:confused: why i don't have a clue but someone up there somewhere was having a right old laugh at my expense! tea break was over and by this time i'm beggining to think this probably isn't going to be my day!
so i keep trying to get the phone back on up until we are all back into the meeting room and by this time i'm almost besides myself with nerves and panic! so the section leading to lunch starts and 20 minutes into it my phone springs to life Yaay!:p
so i'm thinking i'll phone them at lunch so lunchtime comes and i go out to the foyer and dial the hotel "welcome to the Derbshire if you are phoning for a reservation push 1 if your phoning for a large party or wedding resevation press 2" and so on and so forth so the one i pressed was 0 for the operator and all that did was ring 6 times and then you heard "welcome to the Derbshire if you are phoning for a reservation push 1 if your phoning for a large party or wedding resevation press 2" so i pressed the 1 option and it rang and rang and then ........."welcome to the Derbshire if you are phoning for a reservation push 1 if your phoning for a large party or wedding resevation press 2" by this time i was almost in tears this so far had used up 30 minutes of the 45 minute break and i was at the end of my tether, i went back into the meeting room that was empty and stood there thinking what can i do? I know now, obviously all i should have done was told the reception team about my predicament but my mind was racing at this point so all i could think of doing was running so like an idiot i picked up my stuff and calmly walked out. I sat in my car for 10 minutes looking at the clock as it was getting closer and closer to 2pm and the now obvious fact that i couldn't go back in even if i wanted to because i had wound myself up so much! I phoned the wife and told her my pathetic tale of woe and she said "if you really feel you can't go back in, then don't" so i did no more than start the engine and drive off. :wave_cry: With my mind still working overtime, i ended up driving to the nearest service station and buying a Giant Twix and Giant Mars bar and a bag of Minstrels and i sat in the car crying, eating them:cry:I know it must seem pathetic and idiotic, but it just seemed right and i suppose it was where i used to be safe. The morning after this had all happened I woke up with a huge empty feeling in the pit of my stomach and the only way i could describe it is, it felt like i had lost my long time love we had split and i still obviously loved her! odd maybe but thats exactly how it felt.

Fortunately i have made a few friends on this site and one of them has been a Rock for me during this insane period Thank you Roanne, there were other details in this tale of woe but so as not to leave you too brain dead i have (actually) shortened it. I have today spoken to my TD and am back in the fold and all i have to do now is get her to listen to me when i say i want to start later than advertised (in the year) thank you for trudging through this, and hopefully it will be a happy ending...................more to follow.
Matt

Oh my! What a traumatic day! Thank you for sharing it with us on here :). Good to hear that you are sticking with the slimming world journey :)

Back