A diary of a slimming world consultant

They won't reject u at all.

For me I lived slimming world when I was a con I could not face to make slimming world meals let alone have the time to make them so I gained a stone x

You don't have to be at target, I'm still not. 9 lbs away - 1 stone 12 lost so far. On the weekend most people were not at target so don't worry about that. I have heard a lot of people gain weight when they become consultants, because you get soo busy I guess!
Sarah did you hear the thing Ursula said near the end when she mentioned my name? Just wanted to check you know about it.

Thank you girls that's a relief
Do SW know of this site and recommend you use it or prefer you not to?
I am excited but also daunted
Thanks for your comment - I did read this whole thread one weekend and I love it!!
Thanks for the info xx

SW do know about it, and monitor it. They wouldn't recommend it though and to be honest I wouldn't let my members know I'm on here and if they mention it, I tell them to be VERY careful with information found on the web.
You get good advice on here, but also a lot of personal opinion - all too often I've seen someone disappointed with a first week weight loss to be told to avoid bananas!!!

Thanks jaylou x

Im very similar to you, I have my 10% having lost almost a stone and a half with about another stone and a half to go to target. Trying to get back into it after the holidays. I have 3 children and put about a stone on with each, but no more kids means no more weight and i need to become me again! Good luck with your interview, I have just been tryin to find my before pics. Its quite upsetting seeing yourself like that as there are alot more of everyone else than me as i was always behind the camera.
Hi Aliceinwonder
how did your interview go? Eager to find out what happened for you
xx

You don't have to be at target, I'm still not. 9 lbs away - 1 stone 12 lost so far. On the weekend most people were not at target so don't worry about that. I have heard a lot of people gain weight when they become consultants, because you get soo busy I guess!
Sarah did you hear the thing Ursula said near the end when she mentioned my name? Just wanted to check you know about it.
Hi DLovesSW
what was the best bit about your training?
any top tips?
x

Hi ldt291, I think it went really well but then you start questioning yourself. You just have to try and relax and be yourself sometimes easier said than done! I did enjoy it we had lots of laughs. They said they will let me know tomorrow? they have given me some dates if i was to be successful for training and getting me in group at the end of October! Good luck with yours tomorrow x

Hi Alice
wow end of October! Phew!
if I an successful I intend to start in January as I have some weekends away planned in October and November
well done you
let me know how you get on
x

Alice,
Great news, but Oct is not a good time to start unless it's a relauch of a group with decent numbers. Even then, you will need 25 new over 2 weeks and may be difficult just before Christmas.
Jan would be better, with all those people making new years resolutions. Don't want to put you off, but Oct/Nov/Dec are quieter months, dark evenings horrible weather.
I would look at whether it's a new group or a relaunch before starting that time of year. I started late Sept last year and really struggled, but Jan they started coming through the doors! x

Alice,
Great news, but Oct is not a good time to start unless it's a relauch of a group with decent numbers. Even then, you will need 25 new over 2 weeks and may be difficult just before Christmas.
Jan would be better, with all those people making new years resolutions. Don't want to put you off, but Oct/Nov/Dec are quieter months, dark evenings horrible weather.
I would look at whether it's a new group or a relaunch before starting that time of year. I started late Sept last year and really struggled, but Jan they started coming through the doors! x

That's very sensible advice to me too littlemissslim! Thank you for affirming the January start for me too!
how are you doing littlemissslim and how many members did you get in your 1st 6weeks? Xx

Thanks for that llittlemissslim
anyone else able to share their numbers please? Xx

That's very sensible advice to me too littlemissslim! Thank you for affirming the January start for me too!
how are you doing littlemissslim and how many members did you get in your 1st 6weeks? Xx
Don't be put off by month.
I just launched 1st August, can there be a worse time ! and had 25 new members first night . Reached stage 3 in my second week, had 60 paying members last week
and hoping to get stage 4 this month. If you do the prong with bells on you got every chance:)

Thanks all for your input, it woud prob be a relaunch of an already established group with two groups split into two so four classes in all both groups with approx 50 people. or maybe looking at a new group althgether, but im trying to not really think about it until i have it confirmed.

Interesting to get lots of different opinions isn't it?
thank you x

No I can't remember....can u refresh my memory.....got so much going through my head I can just about remember my name lol x

Sarah I can't say outright as minimins don't allow us to talk about it on here! I will private message you once I have 50 posts.

Ldt the best bit about the training - being inspired. our day 2 trainer Ursula gave a new member talk and it made loads of us cry! And we practiced image therapy and playing with the pda's in small groups, which was helpful.
Also got lots of good ideas for promotion, our day 1 trainer acted out scenarios of asking people to put posters up and I have a much better idea of how to do it now - introduce yourself and make conversation first etc. she also says if they won't let you put a poster up then don't view it as a failure because you've still made yourself known to them and told them about your group, and word may spread that way.

Top tip - read through all your box of paperwork you get given at pre training before you go on days 1&2. I'm still only half way through the secrets of success manuals, and now it is hard to find the time because I'm planning my promotion, making my visuals, buying everything I need, sooo much to do!

Fantastic Aliceinwonder!!!! Well done!!

I feel so nervous now - mine is at 7pm!
Decided to make a SW cottage pie and a baby recipe one for my little boy to keep me occupied!!
Feel my hands shaking whilst typing this!!

Xx

Back